Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 06:29:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Battle Royale (2000)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battle Royale (2000)  (Read 4517 times)
Kurugen
« on: October 01, 2006, 03:10:36 PM »

Has anyone seen this? I heard that it was a pretty crazy and i found a cheap copy of it.So if anyone has seen it leave a couple sentences about it.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 03:14:31 PM »

Has anyone seen this? I heard that it was a pretty crazy and i found a cheap copy of it.So if anyone has seen it leave a couple sentences about it.

RallyMonkey says it's supergreat.

Kurugen
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 03:25:22 PM »

nvm forget this post.Im gonna watch the movie on youtube and then if i like ill buy it.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 04:28:31 PM »

It's okay. The book and the comics are ten times better.

"Everybody has got something to hide except for me and my RALLYMONKEY"  is misinformed.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Kurugen
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 06:02:34 PM »

I liked the movie.It made me think could i trust someone if i was in this situation.So i really liked the film and im going to buy it.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 01:22:06 AM »

how's the sequel?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 03:00:13 AM »

how's the sequel?
Leone admirer says it sucks with a capital "S". I happen to have a strong respect for LA's opinions (they rarely fail me) so I doubt I will try and catch it (especially since I didn't care much for the first).

If your interested you can see the sequel on youtube.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Kurugen
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 06:38:12 PM »

from the trailer i saw it seemed good.But since i heard its not that great then idk.But im still gonna check it out since i love the first film.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 11:32:45 PM »

The sequel was one of the biggest hits of that year in Japan and it will (along with the original) not be getting a release of any kind in the US anytime soon. Particularly the opening shots of the two WTC like buildings being blown up and the protagonists being trained by Al Qaieda. Also there's some very anti american sentiments running throughout the film. The first 45 minutes are great and very intense although it falls apart after that. The film was began by the great and respected Kinji Fukasaku whom QT greatly admired, but finished by his son after Kinji died during filming.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 03:37:44 PM »

Leone admirer says it sucks with a capital "S". I happen to have a strong respect for LA's opinions (they rarely fail me) so I doubt I will try and catch it (especially since I didn't care much for the first).

If your interested you can see the sequel on youtube.

Just had enough time to quickly log onto this forum tonight and saw this, so I hope I can return the great compliment by saying that I have a strong respect for Firecrackers opinions  Smiley

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 09:28:52 PM »

So was watching Battle Royale 2 and saw the first hour and man its just basically action packed with some crazy anti-america plot devices in there but so far i give it a thumbs up  Afro.

Rubio
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 09:58:17 AM »

Battle Royale 1 is alright but it's not that good compared to the novel or comics. I'd give it a 6 or so. It is an interesting film though, I'll bet the actors had fun with that. Being 17 myself, I'd love to be in a film like that.  Tongue

Battle Royale 2 started out okay but it got provesively worse as the film went on. There were an interesting group of characters but then the leader of that group was gunned down by a sniper. The moment the sniper gets him, after that, the film only starts to get bad. Oh and the main protagonist of that film....beyond irritating.  Angry The film was a bit silly but if you like action, well, the first bit is pretty good I think.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM