Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 12:52:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  DYS New Scenes?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DYS New Scenes?  (Read 5216 times)
Sackett
Gunslinger

One revolution is more than enough for me.

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2004, 10:12:41 AM »

I saw DYS on the Hallmark channel the other night.  There was an added scene of Juan and John blowing up some tower, thus implicating John in the Mexican Rev.
I have NEVER seen this before.
I saw DYS in its theater release in 1972 by its original title Duck You Sucker.  It was not titled Fistful of Dynamite at that time.  That scene was NOT in it, neither has it been on video since it was released unless there is some NEW Director's Cut out there.
There were also extra moments of Juan and John on the train as they were preparing to leave for the U.S.
Did anyone see this version?  Is there another version out there?  Is there some sort of Director's Cut?

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 01:17:25 PM »

The one scene where Juan stands on the detonator plunger, John looks waisted on the floor.

The European Region 2 version has both these scenes you speak off. Same version gets shown on BBC2 British TV now and again.
Originates from a laser disc print i think?
Italian Print has this, plus the end flashback.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 01:20:13 PM by The Smoker » Logged

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 02:38:05 PM »

It seems that in the italian version there is a last flashback to Ireland, before the death of Sean.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Sackett
Gunslinger

One revolution is more than enough for me.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 10:23:59 AM »

Thanks for the info guys.  There is a last flashback scene to Ireland, just as John blows himself up.  This was NOT shown the other night  on TV either.  Also, the racial slurs were all edited out from the passenger coach scene at the beginning.  Next, the parading of the passengers and Juan's implied rape of the woman was edited out too.  I guess this was done for modern tastes, but I would like to get un unedited copy of DYS.

Half Soldier
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 02:41:35 PM »

How can someone be so shallow as to cut the racial slurs.  If you don't show people how ugly explicit racism is then there is nothing to stop people from realising how harmful it is.  I think it was one of the most powerful statements Sergio Leone made.  Is its censorship a case of 'political correctness gone mad' (as readers of the Daily Mail here in the UK like to say) or someone deciding in The Ministry of Truth that America should ignore its past.

As for the implied rape - she was gagging for it!  She brings up the subject of the sexual habits of the Mexican Peasantry.  Look at the way she says 'Goat'.  She was disappointed he only took her rings and stuff.  Given the chance she'd have raped him.

Don't mean to offend - that's how I read the film

I'll sleep better knowing my good friend is by my side
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004, 06:43:49 AM »

Yeah, I fully agree that this conservative woman wanted, in fact, to be "raped", she begged for it in her mind.

Leone suggest the idea that this woman, so conservative, so mannered, so aristocratical, is fake. She criticizes the sexual habits of the "people who can't read" (!!!) but in fact we all see what she wants!!!!

By this, Leone is very critical to the mexican aristocracy, to teh aristocracy everywhere. They're as fake as they're hypocrits.

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 05:31:19 PM »

yeah i just think the way that she says:

'I can imagine, father, i can imagine!'

while sexily swallowing a cherry just shows that she's gagging 4 it

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Half Soldier
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 07:23:32 AM »

Good point about hypocrisy of the aristocracy.  Politicians, royalty and heierarchy of our legal systems are as famed for their bizarre sexual practices as they are about teaching us the norms of relationships in society.

I'll sleep better knowing my good friend is by my side
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 12:06:51 PM »

You said it!

LINCOLNS GRANDFATHER
Bandido

Never seen so many men wasted so badly.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2004, 07:02:13 PM »

Lets not forget her hubby cant make a baby so its no fun for her at night time one way or another, all she can do is imagine. To go into carnal issues details with a priest shows us she aint so pristine.

So many of us have had a session in there.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM