Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 08:29:28 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The rock
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: The rock  ( 12606 )
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #15 : November 07, 2006, 08:19:28 AM »

but i still have alot of affection for Dylan as he was highly responsible for me broadening my horizons outside of the mainstream tedium.

Maybe that could be one of the reasons why I didn't get too attracted by him... I was never in the mainstream. I listened to other musicians who, with a bit of imagination, could be compared to him. So I never missed his style.
I hope you are able to figure out from my simple English what I mean...

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
CISCO

« #16 : November 07, 2006, 08:51:56 AM »

Nashville Skyline. And you dare to call yourself a Dylan fan?
lol, " man in me" a fav.  it's sad hendrix couldn't have just stuck w/ his own inimitable sound.
"cry of love", recorded @ EL, is a mess of overdubbing.
hendrix suddenly needed everyone who had helped him make it to the top. titoli, always wanted to know if you liked rock-a-billy twang music ? sort of jerry lee lewis meets  carl perkins  w/ that whacky echo sun records sam philips were famous for  ;D  i'm in total alignment on the sultans of swing as well
it's a fine line between dylan...and dylanesque, lol
cracker ? " the man in me" too dylanesque ? over the top?....dylan at disneyland ?

« : November 07, 2006, 08:58:37 AM cisco »
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #17 : November 07, 2006, 08:58:56 AM »

As I have said repeatedly, I do listen to Sinatra, Crosby and all the jazz oriented singers. But Sun Records is in my fav list as to rock production, if it is what you mean. I like lots of Sam Philips production, Jerry Lee being first. Also the many blues artists he recorded. If it is this that you mean (which I doubt).

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #18 : November 07, 2006, 09:09:49 AM »

i'm in total alignment on the sultans of swing as well

I'm sorry, but... what does this sentence mean? When I look into a wordbook, it makes no sense to me...

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
CISCO

« #19 : November 07, 2006, 09:18:18 AM »

As I have said repeatedly, I do listen to Sinatra, Crosby and all the jazz oriented singers. But Sun Records is in my fav list as to rock production, if it is what you mean. I like lots of Sam Philips production, Jerry Lee being first. Also the many blues artists he recorded. If it is this that you mean (which I doubt).
i'm a count basie freak. naw, man. all music is related
therefore i listen and enjoy obscure classics on the malaco label. mostly black artists. excello is another funky label.
quick story. the killer's producer rip something or another, said he called everybody to be on jerry lee's "pilgram" album.  29 easiest calls i ever made. everybody wants to play w/ the killer.

simple englis IS rock n roll. shacking off dylan and checking out these new dudes is seriously hip s**t man
co-co-jube on M-b

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #20 : November 07, 2006, 09:20:47 AM »

As I have said repeatedly, I do listen to Sinatra, Crosby and all the jazz oriented singers.

Frank Sinatra is great.

I like his voice better than Dean Martin's.

CISCO

« #21 : November 07, 2006, 09:22:14 AM »

I'm sorry, but... what does this sentence mean? When I look into a wordbook, it makes no sense to me...
it means i dig it also. sort of like when the all the stars are in perfect fromation for a brief time.

« : November 07, 2006, 09:24:32 AM cisco »
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #22 : November 07, 2006, 09:26:13 AM »

it means i dig it also.

I thought so, but I wasn't sure. So I really don't know what to think about the wordbook...

CISCO

« #23 : November 07, 2006, 09:28:36 AM »

I thought so, but I wasn't sure. So I really don't know what to think about the wordbook...
you're from rome right ? my sister lives in padova.

« : November 07, 2006, 09:30:19 AM cisco »
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #24 : November 07, 2006, 09:31:15 AM »

you're from rome right ? my sister lives in padova.

Wrong, Czech Republic. ;D

CISCO

« #25 : November 07, 2006, 09:33:24 AM »

Wrong, Czech Republic. ;D
very big difference. excuse honorable old man. thank you !

CISCO

« #26 : November 07, 2006, 09:34:36 AM »

titoli's from rome...or roma ? sorry to meander on

« : November 07, 2006, 09:38:06 AM cisco »
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #27 : November 07, 2006, 09:37:36 AM »

I think you missed those threads concerning it... Yes, I think Titoli is from Rome/Roma (as far as I remember, the first is English and the second Italian version. But I'm not sure. In Czech it's "Řím".)

CISCO

« #28 : November 07, 2006, 09:40:38 AM »

I think you missed those threads concerning it... Yes, I think Titoli is from Rome/Roma (as far as I remember, the first is English and the second Italian version. But I'm not sure. In Czech it's "Řím".)
again M-b thanks. i'll go back and catch up w/ the conversation.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #29 : November 07, 2006, 09:46:35 AM »

again M-b thanks. i'll go back and catch up w/ the conversation.

It's OK. I'm quite new here, but I managed to make a lot of posts. It can be hard to catch up with it if you don't come here every day... Everytime I leave for weekend, it's hard for me to catch up with it.

: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines