Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 10:58:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Batman The Movies (and tv series)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman The Movies (and tv series)  (Read 4836 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2006, 04:04:12 PM »

Maybe I'm an inborn nostalgic, but to me the Batman is the '60s one with Adam West. I was a child when I caught a glimpse of the tv series in 1966 in a cultural program and had to wait the '80's to finally see the series on tv. But in 1967 I saw Batman the Movie and liked it a lot. The series was a gas, with the great Lorenzo Semple jr. funny dialogues and all the lightings and scenographies in pop art style. I think that the cartoons made in the 50's and 60's were the right approach to the character, while I don't like the darker first ones. I never read the Frank Miller's "graphic novels". Am I alone there?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 09:42:09 PM »

Am I alone there?

No your not, in fact the authentic Batman movie (or live action show, whatever) is the Adam West one. The hardcore fans would never admit it but the 60's show was closer to the original comic then anything that has come out since.

The Dark stuff can be fun at times, like one issue had Batman investigating the Bates Motel for signs of fowl play. Nice crossover.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 02:54:49 AM »

The hardcore fans would never admit it but the 60's show was closer to the original comic then anything that has come out since.

Reading reviews at Amazon though, the majority of people there (who surely know more about this than me) seem to think that the '60s show was closer to the later DC rendition of the character and not to the original Bob Kane creation. Which, as much as I can remember, it is true. But the fact is I don't like the original conception of the character as much as its later development.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 07:06:44 AM »

the batman comics I read as a kid were kind of dark I think. I cant remember any stories tho. this was like late 80's, early 90's. I remember the superman comics feeling very adult because he had like identify issues, almost a schizofrenic at times. I was too young to understand it I think.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

the batman comics I read as a kid were kind of dark I think. I cant remember any stories tho. this was like late 80's, early 90's.
Yeah weren't those the Frank Miller "Dark Knight" years?

Titoli: That's correct, the show was closer to his second incarnation rather then the first, my mistake.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 04:58:49 PM »

I'm about halfway watching Batman & Robin, one of the most undiluted pieces of crap I've ever watched. But can somebody please explain to me who's behind Uma Thurman? Has she got important relationships? married to producers or second degree cousin to a president?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 05:19:28 PM »

I'm about halfway watching Batman & Robin, one of the most undiluted pieces of crap I've ever watched. But can somebody please explain to me who's behind Uma Thurman? Has she got important relationships? married to producers or second degree cousin to a president?

I don't find her that bad of an actress. Give her the right role and she can show her range.

If your talking about her less then acttractive facial features then your guess is as good as mine.
She can be cute.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 06:17:11 PM »

she was kind of sexy in pulp fiction. that is, before she snorted heroin. by the way, it took me many viewings before I noticed it was vince's heroin she snorted. I always had assumed she had taken too much of her cocaine.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 06:19:59 PM »

One measures the actor by the bad roles.  

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 06:25:45 PM »

One measures the actor by the bad roles.  

I think their good roles over shadow the bad ones. Every actor/actress has his/her share of klunkers.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 06:41:20 PM »

Sure, but you can tell the actor when he's playing bad parts. Take Nicholson: in that awful army movie with Demi Moore and Tom Cruise (one of the worst actors - well, players - around) he is given a terrible part, a character with no consistency or logic. Still he keeps you interested in the way he plays it giving him though nuances the character hasn't got there to start with. Sure, he is supreme in Chinatown or  One Flew, but a role like that explains better than those ones why he's still around. I think it's the same thing that happened with Kinsky: he came to the fore no matter what in the bad movies and bad roles. Then sure, he could play Aguirre or Fitzcarraldo. But the difference was made in the situtations where many had the chance and couln't take it.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »

Tonight's forecast: a FREEZE is coming!

Saturday nights with Groggy
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »

heres the angry video game nerd reviewing the movies:

http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?p=605

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 08:04:59 PM »

This board needs to chill!

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM