Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 01:16:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Gunman sent by God (Il pistolero segnato da Dio) (1968)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gunman sent by God (Il pistolero segnato da Dio) (1968)  (Read 2745 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2006, 07:27:43 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063440/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/segnato_dio.htm

As the comment at IMDB lets understand, it is based on lots of commonplaces. But they are well executed and there's also someoriginality in their treatment  which make the story a pleasure to follow (more than to Shane my thoughts went, during the shooting contest, to the noir Gun Crazy). The circus acrobatics are clearly an anticipation of what Leone defined as "parolinate": the acrobatics of Sabata's movies are here in concentrated form (though Borgese here is not involved). The last duel is original and tense and Steffen, with his stony look, is perfect for the part. But there's a whole array of well known SW minor characters and also what is (maybe) Stefanelli's son; for once you don't want to strangle the boy of the plot. Music not memorable but impeccable.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 07:39:39 AM by titoli » Logged

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 07:34:48 AM »

for once you don't want to strangle the boy of the plot.

That seems to be very good. Wink

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 07:42:20 AM »

What: the fact that this time one doesn't want to kill the boy or the fact that one usually wants to?

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 07:44:31 AM »

What: the fact that this time one doesn't want to kill the boy or the fact that one usually wants to?

Sorry for being confusable - I meant the first option. I'm not familiar to kids in SW's, but I'm familiar to kids in other films and I can imagine how bad it can be.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM