Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 04:23:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Morricone Concert December
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Morricone Concert December  (Read 8774 times)
redrum
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2006, 05:59:33 AM »

Surprised to hear that tickets are still available for the Morricone concert 1st and 2nd December, they were advertised on Classic FM here in the UK. Any of you guys going? It was a pity to see empty seats at the Royal Albert Hall but this says it all about the tastes of the UK public, ie. no taste and would rather watch shit like Big Brother..... Lets get as many of this sites visitors to the gig, come who`s going then?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh? I am. This is possibly a final chance to see the man himself on UK soil, to be in the same room as the man who contributed so much to Leone`s vision of the west.

Sucker
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 06:28:28 AM »

It was a pity to see empty seats at the Royal Albert Hall

Hi Redrum. If you are referring to the Nov. 2003 Morricone Birthday Concert at the RAH it was packed, literally, to the rafters.
If you mean the recent John Barry at the RAH, yes, I agree the attendance was disappointing.

Morricone did two concerts at the London Barbican in, I think it was 2001 and both were packed out.

I don't know how many the Hammersmith Apollo seats and whether two concerts is a gamble but I suspect that many who felt let down and had arranged special trips to London for the very-late-postponed July Concerts will not be coming this time.

As for me, well, I'm a sucker  Grin so I'll be there and in NYC as well in Feb 2007 Smiley

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 07:13:02 AM »

aha another Classic FM listener! But Simon Bates in the morning grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  Angry

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
redrum
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 10:30:27 AM »

I was referring to the Nov 2003 concert and believe me it was not packed, there were loads of seats empty around me, but then i was in the posh seats... It was however an unbeleivable evening, not to be missed for true Leone fans, Frayling will no doubt be there again he was at the birthday concert...... Not really a classic FM listener especaially as they recently had a Morricone themed programm narrated by Richard E Grant. It is difficult to say anything positive about this as all the pieces of music were cover versions, ie not Morricone`s original and Grant got a couple of facts wrong as he read from some teenage researchers notes! They should have got one of us to do it instead.  Still theres always december 1st!

SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 06:06:21 PM »

Hope one of you will give us a rundown of the selections performed in the London concert as a preview to the NYC concert. Greatly appreciated!

If it's a revolution, it's confusion
redrum
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 02:34:12 AM »

SeanSean Hi, will definately do that, if there is one place I would like to see Moricone it would be NY. Will you be visiting any of the OUTIA locations while youre there?

Sucker
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 04:40:02 AM »

This is the advertised lineup:

Once Upon a Time in America
The Legend of 1900
The Mission
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Once Upon a Time in the West
A Fistful of Dynamite
Cinema Paradiso
The Untouchables
Novecento
I Promessi Sposi
The Red Tent
Canone Inverso

In case you might not recognise some of the last 4 items I can tell you that they are classics.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 05:23:27 AM »

I've seen Novocento & The Red Tent.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 01:27:54 PM »

SeanSean Hi, will definately do that, if there is one place I would like to see Moricone it would be NY. Will you be visiting any of the OUTIA locations while youre there?
Thanx in advance. I'm probably doing a round trip from Montréal just for the concert.
BTW, did you know some scenes from OUATIA were shot right here in Montréal, in the old district.

If it's a revolution, it's confusion
iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 04:53:26 PM »

Hope one of you will give us a rundown of the selections performed in the London concert as a preview to the NYC concert. Greatly appreciated!

I'll be there on the 1st. Hope Ecstacy of gold is on the menu....where did sucker get the playlist from. Thought he always played E of G athis soundtrack concerts?Huh?

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 05:09:50 PM »

Yea I knew about Montreal in OUTIA, but would like to know which scenes?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
redrum
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 01:48:50 PM »

I think I read in Fraylings` book that the Montreal scenes were those shot in the feather mill, (have I got that right?) where Noodles chases some hood before shooting him......... I hope E of G is played too as it brings the house down and the hairs on the neck up! An unbeleivable piece of music to quite astonishing music, especially at that time too. Can you even imagine a conventional Hollywood western with a scene like that? One of the finest moments in cinema.

Sucker
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 04:01:32 PM »

where did sucker get the playlist from. Thought he always played E of G athis soundtrack concerts?Huh?

ICE

ICE, GBU is on the list - that means E of G as well as the main theme  - it's been done on the concerts I've been at and the others I've seen the video of too and is part of the Leone Western segment along with DYS and OUATIW.
The schedule is on the Don't Look Back website.

http://www.atpfestival.com/events/dont-look-back/line_up.php?view=642

Note that the orchestra has been CHANGED to the Rome Sinfonietta.

Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 03:28:32 AM »

I'll be there on the 1st. Hope Ecstacy of gold is on the menu....where did sucker get the playlist from. Thought he always played E of G athis soundtrack concerts?Huh?

ICE

See you in Hammersmith, perhaps - can't wait. I just hope that it's gonna be a loooong concert....

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 05:17:24 AM »

alrite gents, been a while, got a job, that pretty much explains my absence, i feel culturally undernourished.

Anyway, im going to the rescheduled Morricone concert on Friday 1st December at Hammersmith, looking forward to it, just hope the great man doesnt cancel this time.!!!

Just to clarify, who from this board is going to the Friday show at the Apollo???

« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 05:20:19 AM by DJIMBO » Logged

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM