Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 01:29:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  OUATIA filming locations
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OUATIA filming locations  (Read 9739 times)
poppyseed
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2003, 05:48:08 AM »

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help me out. I'm visiting New York in a few months and wanted to look up some of the places OUATIA was filmed in. Can anyone help me out here?

Cheers!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 05:25:45 AM »

Water Street, Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and check out Finelli's (a former skeakeasy) though smaller than Fat Moe's it is very similar, its at 94 Prince St. in Manhattan, then also check out Chinatown at Canal St.

Enjoy.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
poppyseed
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 06:41:00 AM »

Thanks very much cigar joe! very helpful. i don't suppose anyone has any information on where in Florida the Florida scenes were shot?

Jon Hertzberg
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 02:02:13 PM »

Cigar Joe,

Water Street is, in fact, in the DUMBO section of Brooklyn, not Williamsburg.  Bugsy's death is filmed here.  DUMBO is south of Williamsburg, and both the Manhattan & Brooklyn Bridges tower over it.  

DUMBO and Williamsburg are actually 3-5 miles apart, though one would not know this from watching the film, which sort've combines several Brooklyn and Manhattan neighborhoods into one, mythical old world New York.    

Other scenes, such as Noodles and Max's first meeting were shot on the Williamsburg street set (South 8th Street, by the Williamsburg Bridge).

Cafe Fanelli is a great location--it was put to great use in a memorable sequence in the Irish mob thriller State of Grace.  

If you are in Williamsburg or anywhere near it, you must go to the famed Peter Luger for some of the best steak you will ever enjoy.  On top of that, it is one of the oldest establishments in New York (est. 1887), and still retains its old world feel.

Happy location hunting, Poppyseed.

-Jon

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 04:07:23 PM »

You are right Jon, Water Street is DUMBO, my mistake.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
mystic
Road Apple

I slipped............

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 01:08:35 AM »

Mystic:

The Beach Scene was filmed at the Don Ceasar in St Petersburg Beach in St Pete Florida.
The Ballroom scene where Noodles takes Deborah to dinner was inside the Don Ceasar as well.
 I believe the scene where Noodles rapes Deborah in the car was filmed somewhere in the Deal New Jersey area close to Asbury Park.
An incredible film worthy of my top film for any year.....classic is not kind enough.......... Cool

poppyseed
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2003, 05:10:22 AM »

Hi all!

There seem to be different theories on which bridge is in the scene where the boys walk past it, then go round the corner and Noodles stabs Bugsy.

Is it the Manhattan, Brooklyn or Williamsburg bridge?

Any thoughts gratefully received

Chas

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2003, 06:30:04 PM »

Hi poppyseed,
Two bridges are displayed is the movie, they at first glance look similar, the one where the boys walk across the street (Water St. in DUMBO, Brooklyn) is the Manhattan Bridge (its towers are vertical, like an "H") the Williamsburg bridge appears as a backdrop to some street scenes its towers cant a bit towards the centerline of the roadway they look more like this "/-\", hope this clears it up for you.

poppyseed
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2003, 10:43:54 AM »

Thank you one and all!

rusty26
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2003, 06:42:24 AM »

[quote author=cigar joe

Well I think that actually there are 3 bridges displayed.  Also the Brooklyn bridge in the scene from 1968 when De Niro is walking with the suitcase at night, you can see the Brooklyn bridge in the background.  I noticed this on the much clearer DVD print.  

Garry Cowell
Bandido

Did you bring a horse for me?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2003, 10:12:36 AM »

Cafe Fanelli is a great location--it was put to great use in a memorable sequence in the Irish mob thriller State of Grace.
Can you be more specific. I just watched State of Grace and OUATIA in the same week and no location that was in both particularly stood out.  Huh

Garry Cowell
Bandido

Did you bring a horse for me?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2004, 06:35:52 AM »

Click for full size image

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2004, 03:47:23 PM »

That is the Manhattan Bridge, the Brooklyn Bridge may well be in the section where De Niro is walking with the suitcase, it kind of looks like he's under the BQE. I'll have to check. So there are probably all three Manhattan-Brooklyn crossings in the film.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »

There are no locations particular to both that I know of it's just that Cafe Fanelli looks like a more compact version of Fat Moes. Grandfather clock and tin ceilings etc., etc.

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2004, 08:44:31 AM »

Ok, dear Garry, could you please tell me where did you take that wonderful shot???

Could I have the exact adress?Huh

I beg you.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM