Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 06:55:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Three Crosses not to Die (Tre croci per non morire)(1968)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Three Crosses not to Die (Tre croci per non morire)(1968)  (Read 2699 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2006, 03:57:40 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065120/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/3croci.htm

This is not good, but not even as bad as the reviewer at italian SWdb makes it to be (with also a touch of resentment toward the director, who is said to have changed his trade and opened up a pizzeria). Actually, after a slow start, it has a pair of good scenes (the mexicans ambush and the failed hanging). Then sure it drags toward the end but I (much) like the 2 final shots, of the two figures looming undistinctly in the background and of the banknotes...
The story revolves around 3 men jailed for various offences who get on a mission to prove the innocence of a mexican due to be hung for murder and attempted rape.
Soundtrack: can't remember a thing about it.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 03:59:52 PM by titoli » Logged

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 11:26:39 AM »

Hey i don't know how i overlooked this one Titoli.

Its also called No Graves On Boot Hill,directed by Sergio Garrone who of course made Django The Bastard and No Room To Die,both of which i like quite a bit.I also think Craig Hill makes an excellent anti-hero,great eyes. Smiley

I haven't watched this yet mainly because the dvd i got fro Ebay was from a poorly sourced pan and scan video but i'll get to it! Afro

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 04:06:37 PM »

I just finished this and yes it was quite hard going but this may have more to do with the atrocious quality of my dvd than everything else and unless the movie was badly editted i think it may be cut in places.
The 3 released convicts from prison are all very colourful characters which just about save this movie from tedium because the storyline is virtually non-existence  and the action really doesn't get going properly until the last 20 minutes.
The huge helping of camera angles and extreme facial closel-ups demonstrate that Garrone was heavily indebted to Leone(in No Room To Die the three way shoot out mirrors the GBU finale albeit in a short and sweet way) but theres a kind of amaturish feel to his direction which may be due to the camera work and editting.I still like his style but this is far from his best.

I'm sure a pristine widescreen  would add on a point or two but otherwise i give this less than enthralling viewing experience a measely 5 out of 10. Sad

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM