Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 09:47:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  One Damned Day at Dawn... Django Meets Sartana! (Quel maledetto giorno d'inverno
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: One Damned Day at Dawn... Django Meets Sartana! (Quel maledetto giorno d'inverno  (Read 3170 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2006, 08:06:51 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067643/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/vari-west4.htm

Fidani had a very deep love for cinema: that's what this movie clearly demonstrates. He would go to all ends just to put something on a piece of film which could be branded as entertainment. The problem is that cinema never reciprocated. Actually I wonder how many times poor theatre owners might have tried to show this film and, after repeated catcalls and hoots from the audience, being forced to pass to another one. That's how it worked in Italy until 30 years ago. I also wonder whether Fidani was ever phisically assaulted by some theatre owner who wanted his money back. But I also wonder how he could be allowed to make movies repeatedly. These are the mysteries of cinema, expecially those of italian '70's cinema. But his movies (moving images) have an undeniable quality: they are food for thought. So you're constantly thinking about what doesn't work, about how cheap everything is, about where he copied something from, about the absurditt of the dialogues, about what degree of the italian mandatory school Fidani ever reached. But Fidani can make you laugh, also. And you laugh a lot here. I'm still amused just when I think what the Sheriff Fabio Testi (who, in reality is Sartana in disguise)  came to town for, as "Black City" has a population of roughly 7 inhabitants. What are they doing here? Oh, sure, they're there to be pillaged by the combined forces of a gang of five headed by Dino Starno allied to a gang of mexicans (but aren't we supposed to be up north?), 

I'm tired and won't write more about this. Anyway, the long review at IMDB makes me wonder whether me and that american fan from Columbus, Ms have seen the same movie, as some of the scenes he describes just don't surface in my copy of the movie.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 10:50:55 PM by titoli » Logged

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 08:51:43 AM »

According to Weisser this is supposed to be Deem's best spaghetti western.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 09:02:27 AM »

Deem's best spaghetti western.

A rather dubious distinction...eh, what?...sorta like saying "Chairman Of The Board" is Carrot Top's best role.

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 04:10:11 PM »

If Fidani was able to do worse than this then he's a genius. I'll check into this as I have still some of his movies to watch.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 04:49:08 PM »

A rather dubious distinction...

My mistake.

Weisser says "showdown for a badman" is the closest Deem ever made to making a real movie.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM