Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 08:40:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST THERE WAS A MAN CALLED INVINCIBLE+2 other bad SWs
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST THERE WAS A MAN CALLED INVINCIBLE+2 other bad SWs  (Read 3517 times)
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2006, 08:39:59 AM »

Got MAN CALLED INVINCIBLE, KID TERROR OF THE WEST and BROTHER OUTLAW a few weeks ago. Not surprisingly, all three are so bad I've yet to finish one of them.

The Hilton vehicle is definitely the best. The trailer for this one is better than the movie itself. The entire movie is similar to the finale of the HOLY GHOST film (also directed by Carnimeo the comedian) Some of the jokes are funny but there are so many of them coming at you at once as if the film is desperate for a laugh. Still, it has a LOONEY TUNES air about it that makes it more tolerable than the other two so I will come back to this one later.

BROTHER OUTLAW stars Italian actor Tony Kendall. The movie has something to do with a robbery which is all I could decipher as the film makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and at 79 minutes (the LOOONGEST 79 minutes I've sat through-nodded off a couple of times) something has to be missing.

It's a shame though the opening credits sequence is very creative but it goes downhill from there. Still, fans of Kendall may want to check it out. He appeared in every kind of film imaginable during the 60s-70s. He did a couple of horror films for Spanish director Amando De Ossorio- ATTACK OF THE BLIND DEAD (2nd in the BLIND DEAD series) and THE LORELEI'S GRASP aka WHEN THE SCREAMING STOPS.

He was also in a film I saw as a kid, an Italian version of KING KONG entitled YETI from 77.

KID TERROR is about some robbers who stumble onto a town inhabited only by children who take on the roles of adults. When the kids have "duels" with each other they make farting sounds with their mouths instead of actual bullets. The villain from SABATA is here also but after 30 minutes I had to turn it off. The film reminds me a bit of the excellent (but deadly serious) spanish horror film that is banned here WHO COULD KILL A CHILD? from 77.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 04:23:05 PM »

Got MAN CALLED INVINCIBLE
I scanned through my Crazy Bunch dvd which i'm sure is Carmineos sequel to this film and like Firecracker says elsewhere the director for once totally overstepped the mark with the slaptick.Perhaps he should've used Hilton for a couple more Sartana films instead? Roll Eyes

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 11:51:51 PM »

I scanned through my Crazy Bunch dvd which i'm sure is Carmineos sequel to this film and like Firecracker says elsewhere the director for once totally overstepped the mark with the slaptick.Perhaps he should've used Hilton for a couple more Sartana films instead? Roll Eyes

Yes it is the first of the "Dick Luft" ("Tressette" in some prints) series (which ended after the first sequel Grin ). I have only seen the trailer to "Man called invincible" and it looks rather funny.

Stay away from the sequel...I'll have to sit through the whole thing eventually Sad

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 01:38:08 AM »

I just remembered i've got Man Called Invincible but its in German only!!! Sad

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 04:47:17 AM »

The trailer for MAN CALLED... is much better than the movie but it is the best of the three. I'll be getting a few more soon such as 100 GUNS FOR A GRAVE AND 7 WOMEN FOR THE MACGREGORS among them.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »

Silliness throughout and almost inveriably off the mark. Some of the humor is based on untranslatable wordplays or differences of dialects (each gang is given a different one) which no translator worried probably about rendering and it wouldn't have been worthwhile anyway. One or two gags, but the rest is bore. 5\10.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM