Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:12:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  NTSC/PAL DVD Player recommendations?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NTSC/PAL DVD Player recommendations?  (Read 2280 times)
pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2006, 02:25:41 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for a good dvd player that will play both PAL and NTSC discs, for output to a NTSC television. I'm looking at the CyberHome CH-DVD300, as price is a big factor and this one seems to get very good reviews.

another big factor is ability to play burned DVDs. some of my friends players seem to wig out a lot on burned DVDs.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 03:01:42 PM by pixelated » Logged

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 03:37:40 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for a good dvd player that will play both PAL and NTSC discs, for output to a NTSC television. I'm looking at the CyberHome CH-DVD300, as price is a big factor and this one seems to get very good reviews.

another big factor is ability to play burned DVDs. some of my friends players seem to wig out a lot on burned DVDs.

I just got a region-free DVD player two months ago for my birthday. It's one of the greatest investments of your life, if you're a film buff.

I got this model in black:

http://www.regioncodefreedvd.com/jvc312.html

pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 04:20:21 PM »

I just got a region-free DVD player two months ago for my birthday. It's one of the greatest investments of your life, if you're a film buff.

I got this model in black:

http://www.regioncodefreedvd.com/jvc312.html

thanks for the recommendation. i'll have to keep that in my list for the future. a bit out of my price range at the moment. the player i'm looking at, i can get for just under $50... i'm just afraid of what its quality may be like, despite the many good reviews i've read for it.

i do have a video card in my computer with a TV out.. so i can play any dvd on my computer, with output to the TV. i would just like a standalone player... but can't really justify spending that much on it, at the moment

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 07:02:57 PM »

look for Philips DVP5140. it's supposed to be cheap and very good. and it can play divx/xvid files as well. which will probably look better than when you play them thru tv-out from the comp.

pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 07:05:04 PM »

look for Philips DVP5140. it's supposed to be cheap and very good. and it can play divx/xvid files as well. which will probably look better than when you play them thru tv-out from the comp.

yeah, that would be nice... currently i convert my divx files to dvd format.. which not only takes about half a day, but you lose quality. thanks for the heads up

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 07:07:46 PM »

no problem. if you do pick it up, let me know how it was. I'm concidering getting it for myself when I have some money left over.

pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 07:20:16 PM »

after reading the specs and some reviews for the Philips DVP5140, i think i will definitely be purchasing that player

i will let you know how it works out

pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 07:46:28 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320052668786&rd=1&rd=1

in case you're interested... $50 shipped

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM