Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 02:35:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Apocalypto (2006)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Apocalypto (2006)  (Read 3722 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2006, 09:35:41 AM »

I had the pleasure of seeing a sneak preview of Apocalypto last night and it was FANTASTIC. When this hits theatre's next week, be sure to see it! Mel Gibson never seems to dissapoint. He has directed another sure to be classic in my opinion.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 10:16:31 AM »

good to hear. I only found out about last week, but it did seem promising. they're even using the old mayan language, hehe.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 11:25:44 AM »

good to hear. I only found out about last week, but it did seem promising. they're even using the old mayan language, hehe.

Yes, the movie is very authentic. I'm glad Mel decided to use the old mayan language, makes the film that much better. The english subitles are very easy to follow. The second half of the movie you really are able to take in the beautiful visuals and the awesome camera work during the actinon scenes. Their is not a ton of diologue during these scenes, so you don't miss a thing.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Tim
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 01:00:58 PM »

Both trailers I saw for Apocalypto looked really good so I'm looking forward to seeing Gibson's new movie.  I wonder if there will be any backlash from Gibson's comments he made earlier this fall like people boycotting his movie.

Tucumcari, have you seen The Passion of the Christ and if so, what were your feelings about it?

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 01:06:35 PM »

Can't usually abide Gibson or his films as a director, but this does look quite superb from the trailers I've seen, and will be going to see it when it opens. It really does look like Gibson is showing us something we have never seen before.

The movie was origionally slated for a July release, perhaps it's had some post-production problems, never mind it's creator's own personal problems with the bottle?

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 01:56:37 PM »

Both trailers I saw for Apocalypto looked really good so I'm looking forward to seeing Gibson's new movie.  I wonder if there will be any backlash from Gibson's comments he made earlier this fall like people boycotting his movie.

Tucumcari, have you seen The Passion of the Christ and if so, what were your feelings about it?

Yes, I have seen The Passion of the Christ, and own the movie as well. I thinks it's a fantastic movie. It's just a soild, well crafted piece of cinema. Just watching this movie, and watching the way it was made, you can see right off the bat that Mel Gibson's calling is directing. If you haven't seen it, see it, just to enjoy great filmmaking if anything.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 10:35:05 AM »

Saw this yesterday. Quite exciting, a non-stop actioner all the way. Costa Rica and other points south look lovely. The re-creation of Mayan culture is both amazing and disturbing. The plot requires a couple of incredible coincidences, but things move along so swiftly it is hard to get annoyed. So glad there were no "names" in the picture, it helps with our willing suspension of disbelief. I can just imagine what Lenny DiC3P0 would have done with a Mayan accent......

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »

Apacalypto 6.5/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 04:46:47 AM »

I might finally watch this. Stay tuned.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 08:09:41 AM »

I guess the consensus now is that it's an unofficial remake of Cornell Wilde's The Naked Prey (1966).

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM