Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 06:39:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "Kramer" spews racial remarks during a stand-up routine
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Kramer" spews racial remarks during a stand-up routine  (Read 17434 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 07:55:03 PM »

IMDB says...

"Although Richards has repeatedly apologized through the media, it is unknown what damage this may do to his career"

I says...

"What career"?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 07:58:17 PM »

IMDB says...

"Although Richards has repeatedly apologized through the media, it is unknown what damage this may do to his career"

I says...

"What career"?

looking him up on the wikipedia reveals this isn't the first time this has happened, supposedly. can't remember exactly what it said, as its been a week or so, but apparantly he's made some comments about Jewish people as well.

he also did another stand up show at the same club, the next night

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 08:04:39 PM »

he also did another stand up show at the same club, the next night

anybody show up?

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 08:10:43 PM »

having absolutely no problem with harmless racism I have absolutely no problem with what happened... have you guys ever heard the shit richard pryor or eddie murphy yelled at white hecklers... it was funny shit and although what richards said wasn't very funny, that was the point, the point was to make a joke out of the hecklers, and i have no problem with that... it's funny that now adays someone says the n word and we act as if he did a dozen renegade lynchings on stage... get over yourselves and stop giving him crap about it, say it was racist, fine, say it upset you, fine, but stop acting above it all and as if you are superior to him because he said the n word, if it ruined your enjoyment of the show thats your problem, but if it's simply because you look down on him too much now, shame on you for being so f***ing proud.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 08:18:27 PM »

having absolutely no problem with harmless racism I have absolutely no problem with what happened... have you guys ever heard the ****** richard pryor or eddie murphy yelled at white hecklers... it was funny ****** and although what richards said wasn't very funny, that was the point, the point was to make a joke out of the hecklers, and i have no problem with that... it's funny that now adays someone says the n word and we act as if he did a dozen renegade lynchings on stage... get over yourselves and stop giving him crap about it, say it was racist, fine, say it upset you, fine, but stop acting above it all and as if you are superior to him because he said the n word, if it ruined your enjoyment of the show thats your problem, but if it's simply because you look down on him too much now, shame on you for being so f***ing proud.

While I agree the whole racism thing is very one sided it was still uncalled for.

I recently saw Carlos Mencia on television and he used the "N-word" several times but got no guff for it. Why? Because he's hispanic? That is hardly fair.

Chum...It wasn't what Richards said...it was the way he said it. You can tell that he was dead serious about this. It wasn't treated as a joke like say...the way Chris Rock would make fun of white folks.

Richard's mentioned acts of violent racism such as lynchings.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 08:21:39 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

Jon1
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 08:20:32 PM »

Well I guess I'm proud and above it all, but I found it racist, and I can't really watch Seinfeld and the Kramer character particularly the same way.  And I watch that show all the time.

And I do think there is a difference between when a hispanic/or a black person says a word like that, and a white guy like me says it.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 08:23:45 PM »

And I do think there is a difference between when a hispanic/or a black person says a word like that, and a white guy like me says it.

How so?

A white guy can't call a black guy the N-word but it's totally acceptable if a black guy can call a white guy a cracker/honky/peckerwood?

That doesn't make much sense to me.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 08:25:40 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 08:25:29 PM »

I honestly don't think there was a difference in the way he said it or meant it, there is just a difference in the way it is percieved, he was pissed at a heckler and made racist comments attempting to piss the heckler off in a joking manner, and i'm not saying that black people who do the same to white people should be frowned upon as well, i'm saying it's all good as long as no one gets hurt... let me put it this way, richards is not a member of the kkk, he did not go to a club with the intention of screaming at black folks, this was not a rally, he got in a yelling match with some people and in yelling matches you try to turn the right key to tick someone off and he did, and in spur of the moment situations it is just my belief that race should not be a taboo subject, in certain situations that are harmless and innocent(such as insulting a heckler who 'called for it' and yes it was called for) you can call someone fat, ugly, dumb, retarded, slow, a fatass, a honky, a cracker, and yes, even a n***r, and it's fine by me.

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 08:26:12 PM »

in fact the heckler screamed cracker at richards more than richards said the n word

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 08:27:08 PM »

you can call someone fat, ugly, dumb, retarded, slow, a fatass, a honky, a cracker, and yes, even a n***r, and it's fine by me.

But not everybody has the same feelings as you. Those two members were hurt.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 08:29:15 PM »

in fact the heckler screamed cracker at richards more than richards said the n word

Look at that video again.

Richard's said n***er an abundance of times.

"You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a ******! He's a ******! He's a ******! A ******, look, there's a ******!"

and this one is a beauty...check this out...

"Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Jon1
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 08:34:12 PM »

How so?

A white guy can't call a black guy the N-word but it's totally acceptable if a black guy can call a white guy a cracker/honky/peckerwood?

That doesn't make much sense to me.
Well I actually wasn't talking about that.  What I was meanining is that there's a difference between me saying "n$%#$r" and a black guy or a hispanic guy saying that.  That may sound obvious, but it sounded like Grandpa Chum was disagreeing with it.

But since you bring it up about the black guy calling a white guy a 'cracker'...I don't think that's anywhere near as offensive as the 'N' word personally.  It just doesn't have the historical weight to it.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 08:37:04 PM »

Well I actually wasn't talking about that.  What I was meanining is that there's a difference between me saying "n$%#$r" and a black guy or a hispanic guy saying that.  That may sound obvious, but it sounded like Grandpa Chum was disagreeing with it.

I get ya now.

but...

a hispanic guy has no buisness saying the N-word to begin with.

pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006, 08:44:31 PM »

It just doesn't have the historical weight to it.

exactly. black people can call me a cracker all they want. remember, it really hasn't been that long since black people were legally treated as unequal.  these things are more than words.

and besides, its not as if all black people choose to use the "n" term. a lot are avidly against it, just as there are a lot that are avidly against much of the black culture that you might see in your average rap video.

these black people would get upset with a black person using the term as well.

but lets not be absolutely ridiculous in saying that a white person saying it carries no different weight or meaning

c'mon people, you act like white people have been put through some sort of persecution, just because we can't get away with something we shouldn't be saying in the first place

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2006, 08:55:11 PM »

saw this some time ago on another site.sad this is.
i don't know what was going on in his mind to say that in public but it must have been growing there for some time i think...

it is sad when you realize that you will never again look an actor with the same eyes as before,no matter what he does,says,acts or how superb he does it,you'll always remember those word of evil coming out of his mouth...
something like Charlton Heston's speeches for the NRA...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM