Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2018, 11:10:49 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "Kramer" spews racial remarks during a stand-up routine
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
: "Kramer" spews racial remarks during a stand-up routine  ( 20130 )
Beebs

« #75 : December 11, 2006, 06:40:31 PM »

understood... i'm really kind of wanting to let this discussion die myself  ;)

Glad. I just didn't want any sparks between us. ;D

Jon1

« #76 : December 12, 2006, 09:45:44 AM »

Right, poor people are poor just because they're lazy drunks.  While this may be true in a few anecdotal examples, overall this is a pretty ignorant position.  Love ya dude, but ignorant.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #77 : December 12, 2006, 12:56:03 PM »

I just didn't want any sparks between us. ;D

If there must be sparks GET A ROOM!

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Beebs

« #78 : December 12, 2006, 02:38:05 PM »

Right, poor people are poor just because they're lazy drunks.  While this may be true in a few anecdotal examples, overall this is a pretty ignorant position.  Love ya dude, but ignorant.

Like I said, I don't want sparks, but this requires a defence. I did not intend to say that being drunks makes someone poor. You're right, though, that is an ignorant position. I however do not take that position. Sorry if you misinterpreted my statements.

pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

« #79 : December 12, 2006, 08:34:49 PM »

one final thought, as i was flipping through my earlier suggested book "In the Spirit of Crazy Horse", which the below passage is taken from.

"After four hundred years of betrayals and excuses, Indians recognize the new fashion in racism, which is to pretend that the real Indians are all gone. We have no wish to be confronted by these “half-breeds” of today, gone slack after a century of enforced dependence, poverty, bad food, alcohol, and despair, because to the degree that these people can be ignored, the shame of our nation can be ignored as well."

Jon1

« #80 : December 12, 2006, 09:18:08 PM »

Like I said, I don't want sparks, but this requires a defence. I did not intend to say that being drunks makes someone poor. You're right, though, that is an ignorant position. I however do not take that position. Sorry if you misinterpreted my statements.
All right, sorry I misinterpeted them

: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines