Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 01:07:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Giant
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Giant  (Read 6142 times)
Beebs
« on: December 15, 2006, 04:47:25 PM »

I'm watching Giant right now. First movie I've ever seen James Dean act in. He sure does act well, sort of like a young Steve McQueen.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 08:35:57 PM »

I thought I'd bring this thread back for a little conversation. What's everyone's opinion of it?

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 08:39:42 PM »

Giant is a great movie. I really can't choose a favorite from Dean, though I'd say the three of them are tied with about an 8/10 rating. Giant is one of the most epic movies released in that point of time ...if not the most epic alongside with the Gone with the Wind.

Dean's performance is magnificent, of course. And Rock Hudson was good too, despite the fact that he's a homosexual. Beautiful scenery, and the climatic scene in the middle where Dean's well bursts with oil is one of the most memorable movie scenes ever. In fact, I'm putting a shot of it in T_B's video.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 08:41:55 PM »

Giant is a great movie. I really can't choose a favorite from Dean, though I'd say the three of them are tied with about an 8/10 rating. Giant is one of the most epic movies released in that point of time ...if not the most epic alongside with the Gone with the Wind.

Dean's performance is magnificent, of course. And Rock Hudson was good too, despite the fact that he's a homosexual. Beautiful scenery, and the climatic scene in the middle where Dean's well bursts with oil is one of the most memorable movie scenes ever. In fact, I'm putting a shot of it in T_B's video.

Great choice of shot rrpower. I can't wait to see the video!

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Whalestoe
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 11:23:46 PM »

Being gay somehow effects your acting ability?

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 11:40:11 PM »

Yes.

Whalestoe
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 11:47:22 PM »

Yes.

You're an idiot.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 12:07:01 AM »

Yes I am.

Whalestoe
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 12:07:56 AM »

Yes I am.

Smiley

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 03:52:28 AM »

I saw this about a year ago. A great movie, not perfect but great nevertheless.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 12:44:34 PM »

Of Course! Homosexuals have an inherit inability to control their sexual impulses. It's a surprise that Rock Hudson didn't just mount James Dean on set, with all the visual innuendo's of oil drills erupting with oil.

but have no fear, homosexuals have several jobs specifically designed for them. Some of them should come to no surprise like, Cashier for an American eagle store, Cashier for a hot topic store, Cashier for Hollander, and of course the old favorite: performer of musical theater.

Then theres always the flamingly gay career of air force fighter piloting (see Top Gun)

Whalestoe
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 06:59:52 PM »

Of Course! Homosexuals have an inherit inability to control their sexual impulses. It's a surprise that Rock Hudson didn't just mount James Dean on set, with all the visual innuendo's of oil drills erupting with oil.

but have no fear, homosexuals have several jobs specifically designed for them. Some of them should come to no surprise like, Cashier for an American eagle store, Cashier for a hot topic store, Cashier for Hollander, and of course the old favorite: performer of musical theater.

Then theres always the flamingly gay career of air force fighter piloting (see Top Gun)

WIN! I busted out laughing. I wouldn't be surprised if Dean and Hudson were getting it on. Shhh... don't tell RR it might affect his impression of Dean's acting abilities.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 07:28:27 PM »

Dean is only half a good actor.

Whalestoe
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 07:50:55 PM »

Dean is only half a good actor.

He's good. He's not great. Not enough roles to warrant being dubbed legendary like so many seem to think (my sister, some others girls...)

Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 07:52:31 PM »

I beleive Mr. Powers was refering to Jimmy Dean's bi-sexuality  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM