Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 01:41:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Call of Cthulhu (2005)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Call of Cthulhu (2005)  (Read 8477 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2008, 02:32:37 PM »

I think he never really insulted Indians the way he insulted Africans, but the context is far from being pleasant.

I haven't run across his hatred of blacks, just yet, although there was a few "negro" comments on Herbert West--Reanimator. But that was the era, so I thought nothing of it.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2008, 03:08:40 PM »

I haven't run across his hatred of blacks, just yet, although there was a few "negro" comments on Herbert West--Reanimator. But that was the era, so I thought nothing of it.

From TCOC:
''The prisoners all proved to be men of a very low, mixed-blooded, and mentally aberrant type. Most were seamen, and a sprinkling of negroes and mulattos, largely West Indians or Brava Portuguese from the Cape Verde Islands, gave a colouring of voodooism to the heterogeneous cult. But before many questions were asked it became manifest that something far deeper and older than negro fetishism was involved. Degraded and ignorant as they were, the creatures held with surprising consistency to the central idea of their loathsome faith.''

In his stories Africans were always the most devoted race when it comes to perverse and pagan cults, worshiping demons and other unholy phenomenons.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 12:37:23 AM »

From TCOC:
''The prisoners all proved to be men of a very low, mixed-blooded, and mentally aberrant type. Most were seamen, and a sprinkling of negroes and mulattos, largely West Indians or Brava Portuguese from the Cape Verde Islands, gave a colouring of voodooism to the heterogeneous cult. But before many questions were asked it became manifest that something far deeper and older than negro fetishism was involved. Degraded and ignorant as they were, the creatures held with surprising consistency to the central idea of their loathsome faith.''

In his stories Africans were always the most devoted race when it comes to perverse and pagan cults, worshiping demons and other unholy phenomenons.
Good point. Afro

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM