Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 03:47:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "Somethin to do with dead" by Christopher Frayling
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Somethin to do with dead" by Christopher Frayling  (Read 13664 times)
Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2007, 03:16:26 PM »

Was this book the same one I read an article about in Film Forum back in the 70's? I remember the title of that piece was the same, but did not remember the author.

Something To Do With Death is extensive Sergio Leone biography by Christopher Frayling.  I think it was published in 2000.
I haven't read it yet.  It's very highly recommended by everyone here and on film and book sites.  Frayling also wrote two other Leone related books.  Once Upon A Time In Italy: The Westerns of Sergio Leone (2005) which is a really beautifully illustrated book on the westerns.  It was published as sort of a companion volume for a Leone exhibit at the Autry National Center's Museum of the American West.  Frayling also wrote an older book called Spaghetti Westerns: Cowboys And Europeans From Karl May To Sergio Leone which I think was from the mid eighties or so.  Maybe someone else might know.   Possibly the article you read back in the 70's just used the same title....something to do with death.....referring to the line from OUATITW.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:19:47 PM by Noodles_SlowStir » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM