Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2022, 12:26:13 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Does Fat Moe know...
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Does Fat Moe know...  ( 7296 )
Tuco the ugly

« : December 23, 2006, 10:54:20 AM »

...that Noodles raped his sister?
Because he looks kinda angry(the scene after Deborah left for California,when they said that they were doing bussines while he was fucked up).

Do you guys think she told him about that(to FM)?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : December 23, 2006, 01:15:09 PM »

That is something I don't know for sure.  I would kind of doubt it.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #2 : December 25, 2006, 08:19:25 PM »

I often asked myself this question too.

I doubt that Fat Moe knows what happened to his sister. It seems as though only Deborah, Noodles, and the Chauffeur know what happened that night.

Most likely Deborah never told her brother because she would want to forget about such an event and leave it in the past.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #3 : December 26, 2006, 10:01:41 AM »

Would Fat Moe take a beating for Noodles if he knew? Doubt it very much.......

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Tuco the ugly

« #4 : December 26, 2006, 10:53:29 AM »

Did he really had an option?
If he told them where Noodles was,they would kill him because he was a witness,and Noodles would also kill him for being a snitch...

Don Rogers
Chicken Thief

« #5 : December 26, 2006, 09:55:21 PM »

I'd also like to know whether Moe knows his sister is in a long-term relationship with Max. If he does, he sure doesn't say anything to Noodles about it. However, given that both Deborah and Secretary Bailey are celebrities, I find it hard to imagine that Moe would not have at least heard about them.

SimRob
Chicken Thief

« #6 : January 02, 2007, 04:11:52 AM »

Moe greets Noodles after all those years of being away with what seems like real warmth, which would be unlikely if he thought Noodles had raped Deborah.

At one point in the film, Moe and Noodles both watch a TV news report about Senator Bailey don't they? Moe doesn't say anything, so I take from that that he doesn't know Bailey is Deborah's partner. I can believe that - siblings can grow apart quite a lot, it seemed like he hadn't spoken to her in years. so he might not know who she's connected with, and even if he has some idea she has a partner, might not know it is Bailey/Max.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #7 : January 02, 2007, 05:13:35 AM »

Yea that scenario is highly possible & believable.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Don Rogers
Chicken Thief

« #8 : January 03, 2007, 12:02:33 PM »

At one point in the film, Moe and Noodles both watch a TV news report about Senator Bailey don't they? Moe doesn't say anything, so I take from that that he doesn't know Bailey is Deborah's partner. I can believe that - siblings can grow apart quite a lot, it seemed like he hadn't spoken to her in years, so he might not know who she's connected with, and even if he has some idea she has a partner, might not know it is Bailey/Max.
No, sorry. I don't buy that.

If you have a celebrity sister, people are going to ask you about her. Moe still works right there in the old neighborhood; the movie gossip magazine goes back well before 1968. Friend of a friend, the word gets around. The people in a neighborhood like that like nothing better than to talk about the famous people who used to live in their midst, and by posting nostalgic pictures of Deborah and the old gang at his bar, Moe certainly does nothing to discourage this. A Cabinet Secretary shacking up with a movie star would still be newsworthy today (remember Sen. Bob Kerrey of Nebraska and Linda Ronstadt?) -- it would have been scandalous in the 50's and 60's.

Incidentally, that TV news report about Secretary (not Senator) Bailey would at least have featured a stock photo of the man.

Tuco the ugly

« #9 : January 03, 2007, 01:31:07 PM »

No, sorry. I don't buy that.

If you have a celebrity sister, people are going to ask you about her. Moe still works right there in the old neighborhood; the movie gossip magazine goes back well before 1968. Friend of a friend, the word gets around. The people in a neighborhood like that like nothing better than to talk about the famous people who used to live in their midst, and by posting nostalgic pictures of Deborah and the old gang at his bar, Moe certainly does nothing to discourage this. A Cabinet Secretary shacking up with a movie star would still be newsworthy today (remember Sen. Bob Kerrey of Nebraska and Linda Ronstadt?) -- it would have been scandalous in the 50's and 60's.

Incidentally, that TV news report about Secretary (not Senator) Bailey would at least have featured a stock photo of the man.

I was going to post something about that myself,it is so unlogic;FM living at the edge of poverty while his sister is famous and rich,come on...

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #10 : January 03, 2007, 09:05:30 PM »

People are strange, and families can be wierder, some times there's bad blood between siblings and they couldn't care less about the well being or the whereabouts of each other, just as if they are already dead and buried, I've run into these situations in various families.

It is possible.

Tuco the ugly

« #11 : January 03, 2007, 09:38:46 PM »

People are strange, and families can be wierder, some times there's bad blood between siblings and they couldn't care less about the well being or the whereabouts of each other, just as if they are already dead and buried, I've run into these situations in various families.

It is possible.

No doubt about that,but were talking about Fat Moe and Deborah.And they're both kinda sentimental caracters;Deborah is a good woman that cares about friends(and especially family),religious,not a whore,while Fat Moe is a true good-natured man,just look at the way he's running around Noodles when he sees him(no metter that Noodles couldn't care less about the same event)...

Don Rogers
Chicken Thief

« #12 : January 04, 2007, 08:39:07 AM »

Plus don't forget -- he's a barkeeper. Like a hairdresser, part of his livelihood is to schmooze with customers, including casual acquaintances, who would no doubt want to hear or tell the latest hot tidbit about his famously successful sister (and her mysterious wealthy beau). If Moe wanted to be out of the loop, he'd have had to sell the family business.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines