Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2019, 12:56:21 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  What kind of music do you listen to?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4
: What kind of music do you listen to?  ( 16151 )
Jon1

« #30 : January 16, 2007, 08:28:19 PM »

Some of my favorite groups/artists that I can think of...

Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Sublime, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Shins, Rage Against The Machine, Jackson Five (don't tell anyone...I'm embarrassed), Tupac, Biggie, Tribe Called Quest, Radiohead, Allman Brothers, OAR, Nas, Bedouin Soundclash, Nirvana, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Eric Clapton, Jay-Z, David Bowie, Bob Marley, Skynard, Wilco, Gang Starr.....many others

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #31 : January 16, 2007, 08:29:40 PM »

Some of my favorite groups/artists that I can think of...

Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Sublime, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Shins, Rage Against The Machine, Jackson Five (don't tell anyone...I'm embarrassed), Tupac, Biggie, Tribe Called Quest, Radiohead, Allman Brothers, OAR, Nas, Bedouin Soundclash, Nirvana, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Eric Clapton, Jay-Z, David Bowie, Bob Marley, Skynard, Wilco, Gang Starr.....many others

many great choices. You also named a lot of bands that i forgot to list on mine... modification is in order.

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #32 : January 16, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »

I'm definitely an elvis man, although i do like the beatles, I'm an elvis man... and tupac or biggie, I'd have to say I'm a biggie, I guess I'll take charisma over depth in those instances.

and amaze, that beginning of the end is good stuff, i thought it sounded familiar.

« : January 17, 2007, 12:01:58 AM grandpa_chum »

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #33 : March 14, 2007, 05:23:44 PM »

Going to revive this old thread. I've just gone through my own collection and I-tunes and made an Jazz playlist. I love smokey, after hours jazz and I had it playing in my suite whilst in NY again and have made a collection which includes:

Miles Davis
Dave Brubeck
Dianne Reeves
Charles Mingus
Ella Fitzgerald

and others. Anyone recomend any more Jazz musicians along these lines?

« : March 14, 2007, 05:24:46 PM Leone Admirer »

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #34 : March 14, 2007, 07:19:20 PM »

Anyone recomend any more Jazz musicians along these lines?

I guess the obvious "cool" and "bee bop" ommisions are John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Billie Holliday and her fave sax player (and to be honest mine) Lester Young. I also like extremely primative jazz, like Jelly Roll Morton and very early Louis Armstrong. In Europe you can't beat DJango Rhinehart. Ermm... daddio.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

« #35 : March 14, 2007, 08:13:07 PM »

I've got Billie Holiday and early Louis Armstrong in there will look at some more Parker.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

« #36 : March 14, 2007, 08:40:31 PM »

I'm really into iTunes lately. Using this software, I've been making my own compilations and buring them on CDs. My recent complilations are "Best of Ennio Morricone", "100 Years of Movies (collection of my best 75 film music in the history of film)", "Ultimate Spaghetti Western Themes (collection of neary 90 best SW music)", "Best of James Bond themes" and  "My Best Rolling Stones." I'm moving on to "Best of Michael Nyman" soon.

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

« #37 : March 14, 2007, 09:15:17 PM »

I've done the spaghetti's also  :) . Also transfered quite a few of the film score CD's I have onto it, including all of Morricone's Leone scores.

Eric
Gunslinger

« #38 : March 14, 2007, 09:40:13 PM »

Hey Sanjuro....

What's on the tracklist for your Ultimate SW, for those of us who might have the same songs?

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #39 : March 14, 2007, 09:43:04 PM »

You can collect film music (including SW) from iTunes. You pay 99 cents per piece. Trouble is, you can't buy from foreign iTune store. This sucks!. OST of "Plein Soleil" and "Le Samourai" is only available in French iTunes and they don't let you buy. Of course you can try other routes like French Amazon, but why you want to buy the whole album if you want only one or two numbers.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #40 : March 14, 2007, 09:45:33 PM »

Hey Sanjuro....

What's on the tracklist for your Ultimate SW, for those of us who might have the same songs?

Aha, I knew somebody would be interested! I will make a list and show it you shortly. ;) 

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #41 : March 14, 2007, 11:02:09 PM »

All right, here's the list of my "Ultimate Macaroni" collection.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #42 : March 16, 2007, 03:56:12 PM »

Sanjuro, that list is boss!

Going to revive this old thread. I've just gone through my own collection and I-tunes and made an Jazz playlist. I love smokey, after hours jazz and I had it playing in my suite whilst in NY again and have made a collection which includes:

Miles Davis
Dave Brubeck
Dianne Reeves
Charles Mingus
Ella Fitzgerald

and others. Anyone recomend any more Jazz musicians along these lines?

I like jazz.  Even though this guy is not along those "cool, smokey, after-hour" lines like Miles Davis, Dizzy Gillespie is one of my all time favorite trumpeteers for his be-bop (a sub-genre that was rarely played at clubs, unlike Swing Music and "cool, smokey, after-hour") and afro-cuban.  Charlie Parker is a really awesome be-bop saxophonist as well (yes, VERY awesome!)

I've lately been diggin' some Mississippi John Hurt (amazing) and Skip James (also amazing).  As well as some piedmont blues, like Blind Blake, Reverend Gary Davis, and Blind Boy Fuller.

Not to mention some good ol' Django Reinhardt. Oh lord!

« : March 16, 2007, 03:57:44 PM Silenzio »
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #43 : March 16, 2007, 04:05:56 PM »

Thank you, Silenzio.

LA and Silenzio, don't forget Ornette Coleman.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #44 : March 17, 2007, 01:19:27 AM »

I like jazz.

I should give a chance to jazz. :( The problem is, our family never listened to it...

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines