Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 02:05:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The theme Song Lyrics?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The theme Song Lyrics?  (Read 22837 times)
Hanley
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2003, 07:56:00 AM »

I thought Bruno Battisti D'Amario did the FOD (and, for sure, GBU) guitar work

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2003, 07:57:30 AM »

I thought Bruno Battisti D'Amario did the FOD (and, for sure, GBU) guitar work

I think Alessandroni did it . . .

Saturday nights with Groggy
Hanley
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2003, 08:03:33 AM »

Bruno Battisti D'Amario definitely did the GBU guitar work - I interviewed him on this specific topic at length in Rome (interview not translated yet). He also gave me the impression that he did the FOD opening theme etc but, at the time, my focus was the GBU.

Walter
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2003, 09:20:50 AM »

In "Spaghetti Westerns" Frayling says that the chanting in FOD is "Quick, get back" . . .  Undecided

Are any of you guys Beatles-fans, by any chance? Well, I am.
It was long rumoured that in the strange sequence at the end of Strawberry Fields Forever, John said: I buried Paul. You see, it was another rumour that Paul McCartney died in 1966, but it was kept secret.

So when I listened to it, it clearly said "I buried Paul." Spooky stuff.  
Later, I read that John actually said "I'm very bored."
(Paul wasn't dead, it turned out.) Well, I clearly heard "I'm very bored."
And a few years ago, I read that the words was: "Cranberry Sauce." And I very clearly....  Tongue

Whatever the lyrics on FOD, I'm very easy to persuade....  Wink

Dying ain't much of a living, boy
Shatterstar
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2003, 10:15:01 PM »

Well it's 5 syllables long, and the last 2 really sound like "gringo".

A man's life in these parts often depends on a mere scrap of information.
KERMIT
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2003, 11:29:11 PM »

Well it's 5 syllables long, and the last 2 really sound like "gringo".
as tuco is pursueing blonde in the deasert as segmento is playing just before tuco spys one of blonde's cigars in a camp fire the chanting sounds, to me , like lone, tough, young, gringo.  
then they alternate to
lone tough gringo. gringo lone tough young young,
i'm going strickly by phonetics.
i know that may sound stupid but when "segmento"
 plays, which is from the main theme , you can hear the chanters a lot more clarity in order to decipher just what the're saying, probably in broken english .
listen to the "segmento" theme @ CLINTEASTWOOD.NET. FISTFUL OF MUSIC
and decide for youself.  Grin

« Last Edit: December 10, 2003, 11:33:18 PM by KERMIT » Logged
KERMIT
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2003, 05:41:27 AM »

Bruno Battisti D'Amario definitely did the GBU guitar work - I interviewed him on this specific topic at length in Rome (interview not translated yet). He also gave me the impression that he did the FOD opening theme etc but, at the time, my focus was the GBU.
is it possible alessandro did the accoustic guitar and
bruno battisti d'amario the electric. there is such a difference in "styles" between the two instruments.
am i wrong  Huh

and WALTER, very interresting observation !  i can remember when those rumors surfaced about paul.
everytime i hear john's voice on strawberry fields i get chills.  Shocked
"cranberry sauced kerm"  Grin

« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 05:52:07 AM by KERMIT » Logged
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2003, 08:29:56 AM »

Seems to me that on the old 1960s Montenegro version it was clearly "one. two. three, four".  Anybody have an old copy of that piece of crap around to check?  Not that it's an authority...........

KERMIT
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2003, 09:01:41 AM »

Seems to me that on the old 1960s Montenegro version it was clearly "one. two. three, four".  Anybody have an old copy of that piece of crap around to check?  Not that it's an authority...........
i don't mean to be smart cusser but i wouldn't trust hugo montenergro. it's my feeling HM really cared only to come up with a versision of GB&U theme just to make money off it's sudden popularity. i don't think mr. morricone cared for a usa "hit record" as his mind must have been on writting more music  we can use.

still i trust what you say, except the chanting's last word seems to be "gringo".  as i said i'm going by the phonetics.  leone's music  facinating subject.

visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2004, 04:14:30 AM »

concerning Morricone's arrangement of PASTURES OF PLENTY,  check this out from ebay(SOLD FOR $306.00)

Original Italian 45 single: RCA PM45-3115 / Peter Tevis (arranged and conducted by Ennio Morricone) / side A: Pastures of Plenty - 2:38  side B: Notte Infinita - 2:58  

This RCA single is one of the most important in the history of Italian film music in general, and specifically to the history of the spaghetti western. Prior to Sergio Leone beginning work on A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS, Peter Tevis left his home in California and settled in Rome, intending to pursue a career as a singer. Tevis' Italian agent arranged for him to record singles with Ennio Morricone, who, at the time, was contracted with RCA Italy to arrange and record ballads with various artists. Tevis had earlier invented a musical identity for himself incorporating a unique, masculine Spanish/Latin color which he deftly applied to traditional Americana/folk/bluegrass. During his initial visit to Morricone's office at RCA, Tevis performed live his special version of Woody Guthrie's Pastures of Plenty. Incorporated into Tevis' take on Pastures was a short melodic "bridge", or instrumental middle section, which Tevis had composed. Morricone fully absorbed Tevis' invention and ultimately produced the amazing sounds found on side A of this single

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4020381165&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&rd=1

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2004, 02:21:14 PM »

Thats 83 quid a for 3 minutes a side.
Ive been riddled with vinyl junkie cravings..  but thats obsurd.
Ebay always blows things out of proportion. Alot of money for a Laminated filp-back sleeve & a 45 slice.
Which properly will not be played. just filed & sealed in a plastic sleeve and tick off on a check list.

Ebay. There has been a real drop in the amount of Ennio Morricone vinyl on ebay over the last year or so.. . Is there a world shortage???

« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 02:27:02 PM by The Smoker » Logged

rddesq
Road Apple

One name is as good as another.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2004, 02:57:53 PM »

I always thought the GBU chanting was "GO GO TUCO" .  There seems to be somewhat of a consenus that the last word ends in "O" as in tucO, GringO, MancO.

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.
irishgrl
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2008, 09:26:53 PM »

in FFOD, I think it sounds like "Win that Fight"

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2008, 06:01:27 PM »

in FFOD, I think it sounds like "Win that Fight"

Welcome to the forum irishgirl! Smiley

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 09:47:03 PM »

Going back to the original topic, the words "Gringo go!, Go, Gringo!" can be heard several times in different parts of the score.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 08:36:30 AM by Bandolero » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM