Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 04:52:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Crazy Bunch (Di Tresette ce n' uno, tutti gli altri son nessuno) (1974)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Crazy Bunch (Di Tresette ce n' uno, tutti gli altri son nessuno) (1974)  (Read 8694 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2006, 09:04:02 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071417/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/tresette2.htm

This is not slapstick it is cartoonish. Not that it makes that much difference. I don't think it is much funny. It is not that bad either, but it is rather childish, especially the too long sequence in the madhouse. I wonder what a non-italian speaker can find in it. Actually I think many of the quotes get lost even on younger italian generations.
The initial sequence was promising and the Alessandroni's tune was totally adequate. But then the movie loses inspirations and doesn't know where to go. There are other things one could discuss but they are of interest and understanding only to an italian viewer, I think, like the Amendola's dubbing of Pazzafini which may have been an inspiration for his Milian's later dubbings.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 02:32:02 AM »

. I wonder what a non-italian speaker can find in it.

Totally crap!

You asked...

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 10:21:04 AM »

Well, if it is you calling "crap" this crap there's little to add, though I'd like to have also Banjo's opinion to wrap the case with a light heart, as at the italian db they still give it good marks. But where is he?

« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 10:25:09 AM by titoli » Logged

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 01:24:58 AM »

Well, if it is you calling "crap" this crap there's little to add, though I'd like to have also Banjo's opinion to wrap the case with a light heart, as at the italian db they still give it good marks. But where is he?

In all fairness, I never finished it. Viewed the first ten minutes months ago and was compelled to shut it off (for obvious reasons). Had a quick, but lengthier, view of it a week ago but had to shut it down (again) at the half way point.

I missed the much talked about "closet showdown" but I honestly couldn't care less. I'll come back to it when my life is at an all time low.

The first film in the "Dick Luft" series looks more promising...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n8Vn-2TpSY

EDIT: Banjo is out saving some lovable rodents life I'm sure...

His opinion of this was the same as mine. He also didn't take a proper look at it but how can you blame him?

A shame it was Carnimeo's last.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 01:29:25 AM by The Firecracker » Logged

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 06:05:05 AM »

I missed the much talked about "closet showdown"

Much talked about? Megosh! Talk about the weather...

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »

Yes i've got this catch up with this one though on evidence of a quick scan through it doesn't look overly promising-very OTT and i'm usually a big fan of Carmineo but i'll give it a proper chance Azn

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 10:47:04 AM »

Well i've watched half an hour so far-have had to pause for Mrs Banjo-but i don't think too much of it so far Undecided Its sort of a mixture of keystone cops and looney tunes cartoon,all very fast paced but not funny and rather tiresome.I'll try and finish this later but i don't think i'll be bothering with the original Tricky Dicky movie Sad
   Cry Onion is TONS BETTER in comparison Afro

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 11:29:43 PM »

Gave this a proper look and like Titoli says, a lot of the jokes are lost on a non-italian viewer. The opening with the "odds and evens" is a promising start but after the first visit to the madhouse (which is also inspired lunacy Cheesy) things go down hill FAST.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 12:02:08 PM »

THE CRAZY BUNCH- 1974  aka DICKIE LUFT IN SACRAMENTO

George Hilton, Chris Huerta, Nino Pazzafini

"Trickie" Dicke, a bounty hunter with Bugs Bunny powers is after a hidden gold consignment (aren't they all) but must locate the key that will open the strong box containing the riches. Dicke meets up with a burly "general" and the two go about locating the whereabouts of the key.

Another madcap comedy western from Guiliano Carnimeo. The sequel to ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST...THERE WAS A MAN CALLED INVINCIBLE, the zany comedy is actually pretty funny at times. Very reminiscent to comedy that would become a signature of the Zucker Brothers. In fact, I wonder if they hadn't seen one of these as inspiration.

There are scenes where dialog is exchanged in the foreground while in the background, something humorous is going on. This would soon become a staple in the AIRPLANE! and NAKED GUN movies as well as other Zucker flicks. Of course, not everything works and some of this may just be a result of the joke being lost in translation. Then again, comedy is not universal. Whereas most of the funny stuff is simple pratfalls, some of it may only resonate with Italian audiences.

The film itself seems to be broken up into vignettes. The opening sequence takes place in a valley, another sequence in a mental hospital, another in a circus hut and one in particular involves a Klan meeting. The dubbing refers to African Americans as "politicians". I'm not sure why, but that's what the reference is. There is even a rather distasteful, but still very funny bit where the leader (who constantly reminds you how disgusted he is) demonstrates what to do with "politicians".

Throughout the film another gunman, Twinkle Toes, challenges Dicke to duels that always end up in a manner that would not be uncommon in Looney Tunes cartoons. This same character, played by the same actor, shows up in the MAN CALLED INVINCIBLE movie as well. I have yet to finish watching the other Dicke Luft film but this one is a little better than what I saw in that film.

Obviously born from the same womb that is THEY CALL ME TRINITY, Hilton and Huerta are the poor man's Hill and Spencer. Hilton doesn't do much other than smile, throw a few punches and show off his numerous cartoon escape acts. Huerta is a fairly poor substitute for Bud Spencer. This duo must have been popular for a time anyway since Carnimeo used them on several occassions.

The finale features a rather sickly looking Pazzafini as another villain trying to obtain the gold. The jokes and humor are so constant, the initial plot to locate the money seems to take a back seat and then forgotten altogether by the end amidst the rapid fire antics. A very, very silly movie but it has enough funny bits to warrant at least one look if you like comedic westerns. If you do not enjoy the TRINITY movies, you may as well avoid this one like the plague.

This version is apparently the DVD debut of the film and features a second DVD with the film THE GREATEST ROBBERY IN THE WEST also with Hilton. Previously available in a limited edition english version that went OOP. Here, X-rated Kult DVD has re-released it.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 11:19:19 AM »

Titoli, could you be so kind as to translate the Italian title of this picture? The italian title is what is shown on this remastered german DVD.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 05:44:01 AM »

Yes i'm very curious about the Italian translation too Titoli?

Ringo
Chicken Thief

The sixgun made 'em different...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 05:50:26 AM »

Would it be "There is Only One Tresette, All the Others are Nobodies"?

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 05:59:28 AM »

I think you may be very close Ringo. Wink

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 06:44:01 PM »

Now, there are references in the title which of course get lost on foreign viewers. First of all, there's the reference to the child rhyme:

30 (days) make up november,
like april, june and september
with 28 there's only one (di 28 ce n' uno)
All the rest is 31

Now, every italian catches up with this when reading "di tresette ce n' uno" (literally: there's only one tresette).
Tutti gli altri son nessuno nessuno: all the other ones are nobody.

Tresette (literally: threeseven) it's a card game which is normally played by 4 players (2 couples) but sometime, can be played with the "dead one" (il morto), i.e. by three players, one of whom is playing with the dead one. 

« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 06:46:46 PM by titoli » Logged

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 01:02:24 AM »

but sometime, can be played with the "dead one" (il morto)

so that is what Hilton meant, just after the opening, when he said "That's not what the dead man said" in the english dub.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM