Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 08:56:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  2 Sides of Leone?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 Sides of Leone?  (Read 1812 times)
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2007, 09:58:09 PM »

Have you noticed that the Dollars Trilogy and the Once Upon A Time movies are told differently? I mean in the Dollars trilogy you find the plot probably within 5-15 minutes of the movie while in the OUAT movies you wait till the end to really understand everything (excluding DYS from this because I havent seen it yet). Why is this? Did something happen (creatively) to Leone between GBU and OUATITW?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »

Well, we never knew why Mortimer was after Indio till the end.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
CISCO
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 11:49:25 PM »

w/ indio we get these first series of flashbacks ala frank. not knowing until the end. frank reminds me of angel eyes in they both were business men stuck in gunslinger's bodys.  Cry

leone is so intence. i can see his brain thinking how can i top the dollar trilogy ? your right joe, something happened to leone's style sort of like when the beatles came out w/ sgt. pepper. clint walks and harmonica appears pulling bullets out of his shoulder. everthing slowed down from 33 1/3 to 1/6 rpms. which was a magnifacent chance leone took and like everything else, he made it so it could never be either duplicated or copied.

and, in keeping w/ the situation, for spotting that 2 second crane shot in OUATITW, of the derelict corrida, remenacent of leone's prior projects, cigar joe, take a bough    Afro

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 03:30:33 PM by cisco » Logged
whenthechimesend..
Bandido

when the chimes end, pick up your gun.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 06:41:28 PM »

5-15 minutes? If I remember well, there's not a single word spoken in GBU until the 10-minute mark, and we're well on 1 hour into the movie before Tuco finds Carson. Now that I think of it, OUATITW is just 4 minutes longer than GBU, so I don't see much of a difference.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM