Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2018, 12:00:16 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Ride Lonesome (1959)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
: Ride Lonesome (1959)  ( 17369 )
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #60 : June 07, 2018, 11:04:16 PM »

Did anyone else receive their set? I was surprised to receive it today, I was expecting it on the 19th.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #61 : June 08, 2018, 01:27:08 PM »

Still waiting. Where is U at?

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #62 : June 08, 2018, 03:52:15 PM »

Im in Southern California so Im surprised I received mine before New Yorkahs.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #63 : June 09, 2018, 10:42:34 AM »

Did you order through amazon.co.uk or did you go direct?

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #64 : June 10, 2018, 12:34:39 AM »

I ordered it on amazon UK. The set is really well put together (the covers are double sided, I swapped out Buchanan Rides Alone for Ride Lonesome):

https://imgur.com/a/HDqMWGB

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #65 : June 20, 2018, 06:00:01 AM »

Watched the new BD yesterday and was disappointed. The image isn't anywhere as good as I hoped it would be--I'm not sure I should have bothered with the upgrade, the DVD was good enough.

Also, I had little patience with the story this time. I liked some of the line readings by Scott and Roberts, but some of Roberts' dialog seems a bit overly folksy--Kennedy really liked fruiting things up. Scott is perfect, though.

This film contains one of my favorite stunts--Brigade has his horse leap a stone wall while under Indian attack, and immediately has the horse lie down on its side to protect it and keep it out of the way. One cut. Very impressive.

Btw, the Indians are really stupid in this scene. They attack with spears, the cowboys have repeating rifles. Guess who wins?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #66 : July 16, 2018, 07:44:00 PM »

My boxset took forever to come. Amazon.co.uk mailed it with Royal Mail, no tracking, so there was no way for me to know what was going on with the package. Finally, well after the date it was supposed to arrive, I requested and received a refund. This was several weeks ago. Well the package just arrived yesterday. I emailed Amazon and they told me to just keep it. So, you were right, DJ - the mail to Westchester was indeed faster than the mail to New York but I ended up getting mine for free ;-)

I watched the 20-minute Frayling piece. He is great, as always.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #67 : July 17, 2018, 07:37:04 AM »

So, you were right, DJ - the mail to Westchester was indeed faster than the mail to New York but I ended up getting mine for free ;-)
Well, then, good move!

: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines