Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 01:59:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Ride Lonesome (1959)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ride Lonesome (1959)  (Read 12598 times)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 08:45:20 PM »

Like i said in the Tall T thread, i'm not feeling Randolph Scott westerns... 5 out of 10...

Come back to them later. THE TALL T and RIDE LONESOME are very solid movies. Leone once told Boetticher, “Bud, dear Bud, I stole everything from you!”

Another top-notch Western you have to put on your watch list is THE GUNFIGHTER with Gregory Peck.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Moorman
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 12:11:50 AM »

Come back to them later. THE TALL T and RIDE LONESOME are very solid movies. Leone once told Boetticher, “Bud, dear Bud, I stole everything from you!”

Another top-notch Western you have to put on your watch list is THE GUNFIGHTER with Gregory Peck.

I already have seen The Gunfighter. I mentioned it in the Fastest Gun Alive thread. It's one of my favorite westerns. Trivia: They used the same town in both The Gunfighter and The Oxbow Incident. Both are great films...

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 12:16:15 AM »

I already have seen The Gunfighter. I mentioned it in the Fastest Gun Alive thread. It's one of my favorite westerns. Trivia: They used the same town in both The Gunfighter and The Oxbow Incident. Both are great films...

Afro

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2017, 08:17:41 AM »

7 Men From Now is the Boetticher to start with.  Wink

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2017, 08:24:34 AM »

IMO the good movies are 7 Men from Now, Comanche Station, Ride Lonesome, and The Tall T. The other three - Buchanan Rides Alone, Decision at Sundown, and Westbound - are not good movies.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2017, 08:57:05 AM »

IMO the good movies are 7 Men from Now, Comanche Station, Ride Lonesome, and The Tall T. The other three - Buchanan Rides Alone, Decision at Sundown, and Westbound - are not good movies.

I'd even agree with that....  Shocked

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM