Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2018, 01:09:32 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Ride Lonesome (1959)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5
: Ride Lonesome (1959)  ( 17355 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #45 : March 27, 2018, 03:47:57 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/Five-Tall-Tales-Boetticher-Randolph/dp/B07B62TYYT/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1522190805&sr=8-1&keywords=five+tall+tales+boetticher

Release has been postponed to June 1, and no pre-sale is available

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #46 : March 28, 2018, 05:24:59 AM »

https://www.amazon.com/Five-Tall-Tales-Boetticher-Randolph/dp/B07B62TYYT/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1522190805&sr=8-1&keywords=five+tall+tales+boetticher

Release has been postponed to June 1, and no pre-sale is available
No, the release date remains the 21st of May. The June date is for amazon.com who must import the box from the UK. It should ship on or before May 21 if you purchase it from amazon.co.uk

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #47 : March 28, 2018, 07:39:33 AM »

No, the release date remains the 21st of May. The June date is for amazon.com who must import the box from the UK. It should ship on or before May 21 if you purchase it from amazon.co.uk

Thanks, Ill do that  :)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #48 : April 17, 2018, 07:15:58 PM »

I just did the pre-order on Amazon.co.uk; including shipping to the USA, cost was 40.47 pounds, which at the current exchange rate is $57.88.

The pre-order is also available from Amazon.com (release date is 11 days later than the UK's, but considering international shipping times, you may get it earlier if you order it from Amazon.com), but the price is $102.99! Amazon.ca is a little cheaper: 97.97 Canadian dollars, which at the current exchange rate is 77.95 US dollars.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #49 : May 21, 2018, 12:01:56 PM »

The release date for both the UK and US editions is now the same: 28 June. But the US version is still about $30 more than the UK one.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #50 : May 23, 2018, 12:13:07 PM »

Erickson likes it: https://trailersfromhell.com/five-tall-tales-budd-boetticher-randolph-scott-at-columbia-1957-1960/

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #51 : May 27, 2018, 10:09:33 AM »

My set from the UK has shipped! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I'm gonna get my copy before Drink gets his!

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #52 : May 27, 2018, 04:59:12 PM »

My set from the UK has shipped! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I'm gonna get my copy before Drink gets his!

Sorry to disappoint you buddy, but as I said above, I also pre-ordered from UK, and I got the same email today as you did

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #53 : May 29, 2018, 05:12:27 AM »

Uh huh. So you think the PO in Brooklyn is as efficient as those in Westchester? Dream on!

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #54 : June 01, 2018, 05:24:42 AM »

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews42/five_tall_tales_blu-ray.htm

To my eyes, the images on RL and CS appear stretched (but the DVDs looked likewise).

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #55 : June 01, 2018, 08:18:28 AM »

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews42/five_tall_tales_blu-ray.htm

To my eyes, the images on RL and CS appear stretched (but the DVDs looked likewise).

That sucks can you fiddle with your TV's aspect ratio?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #56 : June 01, 2018, 12:41:19 PM »

No, but anyway changing the AR wouldn't necessarily fix the problem.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #57 : June 01, 2018, 01:06:54 PM »

looking at the screencap comparisons of Ride Lonesome and Comanche Station - specifically, the comparison shots of the women in RL (the shot of the woman holding the gun) the building looks brown in the DVD but red in the BRD. In the CS, the shot of the woman dripping wet, the DVD looks (what IMO is a more realistic) brown, and the BRD looks red.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #58 : June 02, 2018, 10:41:00 AM »

Drink, the amazon shipping date is now reading indefinitely delayed. Ha! So, if you're stupid enough to pay an extra $30 you have to wait longer for the thing to ship. You're paying amazon for their inability to acquire stock in a timely manner--their whole reason for existing! One good thing, though: their Marketplace will direct you to third-party sellers who are willing to ship today at the UK price.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #59 : June 03, 2018, 07:47:07 AM »

Drink, the amazon shipping date is now reading indefinitely delayed. Ha! So, if you're stupid enough to pay an extra $30 you have to wait longer for the thing to ship. You're paying amazon for their inability to acquire stock in a timely manner--their whole reason for existing! One good thing, though: their Marketplace will direct you to third-party sellers who are willing to ship today at the UK price.

Ours are already making their way across the pond ..........

: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines