Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2019, 03:07:06 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Fistful to be first SW on Blue Ray
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Fistful to be first SW on Blue Ray  ( 8253 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« : January 11, 2007, 04:39:40 AM »

:'(    Franco Cleef heard  that MGM UA  Sonny has announced that AFOD  to be the first SW on Blue Ray, they better come out with a SE of AFOD and FAFDM & DYS or they can go effing rot!!!!!  8)

« : January 11, 2007, 04:41:02 AM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

« #1 : January 11, 2007, 05:28:20 PM »

:'(    Franco Cleef heard  that MGM UA  Sonny has announced that AFOD  to be the first SW on Blue Ray, they better come out with a SE of AFOD and FAFDM & DYS or they can go effing rot!!!!!  8)

Do you own a Blu Ray player?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #2 : January 11, 2007, 05:32:35 PM »

no and I ain't about to buy one

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #3 : January 11, 2007, 06:33:35 PM »

no and I ain't about to buy one

Me neither.

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

« #4 : January 11, 2007, 08:10:44 PM »

Then what is the reason for this discussion? (sorry if it sounds rude but i dont know any other way to say it)

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #5 : January 11, 2007, 08:59:51 PM »

Then what is the reason for this discussion? (sorry if it sounds rude but i dont know any other way to say it)

Because it's generally important Leone news.

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

« #6 : January 11, 2007, 10:41:53 PM »

Because it's generally important Leone news.

to people with Blu Ray players

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #7 : January 12, 2007, 04:23:20 AM »

Actually the reason is, we (on this board) were anticipating the SE releases of AFOD, FAFDM, & DYS (under is alternate title of "A Fistful of Dynamite") in a box set before Sony bought the MGM/UA films, and when the release was postponed we suspected that the reason was that Sonny may try and release these on Blue Ray and it looks like that suspision may have come to fruition.  8)

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #8 : January 12, 2007, 04:55:50 PM »

Also, there are some of us who might spring for Blu-ray if SL's films come available in that format. It'll probably take more than one title, though.....

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #9 : January 12, 2007, 05:00:55 PM »

For you HD lovers don't fear (as long as you haven't actually bought an HD Player  ;) ) WB are supposed to be releasing news of a player that can play both formats. But I suspect, like Warners, MGM, Sony, Disney and Fox are doing at the present, the release in R1 will be of The Blue-ray SE and the DVD SE. Sony would be absolutely stupid to not release it on DVD in which a major section of the home video buying public are currently located.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
leonefan
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« #10 : January 15, 2007, 12:43:29 AM »

I have a Blu-ray player (Playstation 3), I can't wait for this release.  It's supposed to be out in June.  Right now I'm enjoying Unforgiven and The Searchers on Blu-ray.   O0

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

« #11 : January 16, 2007, 06:25:34 AM »

Arn't the colors in the HD Release of The Searchers the same as in the SD release which means they are quite far off from the original color choice that was in the prints from the time of it's release?

leonefan
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« #12 : January 16, 2007, 09:04:55 PM »

Arn't the colors in the HD Release of The Searchers the same as in the SD release which means they are quite far off from the original color choice that was in the prints from the time of it's release?

Funny thing is I have the latex special edition DVD version (The big box), but I never got around to watching it and bought the Blu-ray.  Although I also have the older DVD release (Snapper Case) which has a redish tone to the whole film (specially the outside shots) which the Blu-ray doesn't.  I don't know how the original film was intended but the Blu-ray is absolutely natural and beatiful looking.  If I get a chance I'll compare it to the special edition DVD.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

« #13 : January 17, 2007, 07:02:37 AM »

Apparently, and as I wasn't fortunate enough to see the film on it's first release due to the fact I hadn't been born, the colors of the sky are not as 'Blue' and vibrant as the original prints were.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

« #14 : March 09, 2007, 11:42:25 PM »

You guys can always buy the remastered and gorgeously packaged german two disc sets of these which is the same MGM restorations.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines