Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2019, 04:57:04 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  If Leone were around today, which American Actor's do you think he'd cast?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: If Leone were around today, which American Actor's do you think he'd cast?  ( 10786 )
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« : January 11, 2007, 09:36:49 PM »

Any ideas?

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #1 : January 11, 2007, 09:46:51 PM »

None.

The actors and actresses now are too pretty and dolled up.

Leone went for the ugly sun-burnt faces that left an impression.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #2 : January 11, 2007, 10:00:28 PM »

I think Bruce Willis and Michael Madsen fit the Leone Bill, or how bout Paul Giamatti, or even Danny Trejo?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #3 : January 12, 2007, 04:16:29 AM »

I pretty much agree with Peace's assessment, but I can think of a few, Michael Masden, Mickey Rourke, and a couple of links to the past Dennis Hopper, Geoffrey Lewis, Jim Brown are still around.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tuco the ugly

« #4 : January 12, 2007, 07:43:50 AM »

That is pretty much impossible for many many reasons,I'll name a few:
1)I can't think of one who could stay still while tha camera is 5cm from his face
2)I don't think anyone of this so-called actors could take real critics from Leone(like he used to do with the old ones)
3)Do you guys think that there is one actor today who could deal with Leone's (rererererere)re-shooting of the scene?

I could go on...
Peace is right.

Tuco the ugly

« #5 : January 12, 2007, 07:48:26 AM »

And yes,he certainly could find some actors that  more or less satisfy him,like you guys said Madsen and company.But where would he find someone like Al Mulock for a great expendable role?

Things(times) have changed inevitably.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #6 : January 12, 2007, 03:49:55 PM »

But where would he find someone like Al Mulock for a great expendable role?

JUst like he did before, shoot MOS and dub, you can use almost anybody off the street as long as they can count. 8)

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #7 : January 12, 2007, 04:04:06 PM »

It's wrong to think of actors with a CV. Don't forget that Eastwood came from pretty much no-where, with just some television supporting roles under his gunbelt. No doubt this is where he'd look if he was staring all over again. If you mean from his later period, last time I looked De Niro, Joe Pesci, James Woods, Treat Williams, Danny Aiello, Jennifer Connelly and  James Russo (to name but a few) are all still alive and working.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #8 : January 12, 2007, 04:18:14 PM »

Juan has a couple of very good points. SL would certainly cast people we've never heard of, and he'd also use those still working who he'd used before. But he would also certainly use actors who had worked with other directors (as he did when he cast Wallach, Fonda, Bronson, Robards, Coburn, et. al.) One actor I'd very much like to see in a new Leone film is Danny Trejo, who has both a face and the ability to project menace that the late director would have appreciated.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
Tuco the ugly

« #9 : January 12, 2007, 04:34:38 PM »

And another thing;why only American actors?

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #10 : January 12, 2007, 06:58:07 PM »

Yeah! What about Hugh Grant or Jeremy Irons?

Only kidding.  :-[

Tuco the ugly

« #11 : January 12, 2007, 07:13:33 PM »

Yeah! What about Hugh Grant or Jeremy Irons?

Only kidding.  :-[

Maybe Billy Connolly?

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #12 : January 13, 2007, 08:27:36 AM »

I love all the serious mentions so far... I'd also like to add that I'm really warming up to will smith the action star, I really do think that however inferior an actor you may think he is, he's this generations hank fonda, good guy, lovable, comedy guy, but with the right director could make one hell of a rough and tumble bad guy/anti-hero... did you see him towards the end of I-robot, the guy can do tough, I'm excited to see the Omega Man/Last man on earth/I am legend remake that he's starring in... i'm not saying it would have necessarily worked, but he's my future hope for an older respectable box office type badass not so pretty actor, maybe my last hope.

as of now i think bruce willis is the only leone-type leading man around, a guy that ain't pretty and can act with the best of them, a real tough guy.

« : January 13, 2007, 08:31:40 AM grandpa_chum »

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Jon1

« #13 : January 13, 2007, 09:06:16 AM »

I love all the serious mentions so far... I'd also like to add that I'm really warming up to will smith the action star, I really do think that however inferior an actor you may think he is, he's this generations hank fonda, good guy, lovable, comedy guy, but with the right director could make one hell of a rough and tumble bad guy/anti-hero... did you see him towards the end of I-robot, the guy can do tough, I'm excited to see the Omega Man/Last man on earth/I am legend remake that he's starring in... i'm not saying it would have necessarily worked, but he's my future hope for an older respectable box office type badass not so pretty actor, maybe my last hope.

as of now i think bruce willis is the only leone-type leading man around, a guy that ain't pretty and can act with the best of them, a real tough guy.
I don't liek the majority of the roles he has taken....but I don't think Will Smith is an inferior actor at all.  Check him out in "Ali".  Pretty amazing in my opinion.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #14 : January 13, 2007, 10:24:26 AM »

I only said American actors because Leone always cast foreign actors anyway. They would already be in his films, that's a given. That's why I said American.

: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines