Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 01:50:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (2005)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (2005)  (Read 10136 times)
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2010, 09:29:54 AM »

This is a strange movie with so many awkward scenes, moments and situations that in the very end turn to be pretty much pointless. In my view they only succeed in portraying Texas as the mother of all fucked up places around the globe. Once more, if you didn't get it already. I mean, there isn't one single thing that works normally in Texas, not one single thing. The waitress chick is apparently screwing everybody with a dick all around town (and wider), but she loves her husband (I was just sitting there and waiting for that line, I swear it). The little blondie chick from Cincinnati is just sitting there, drinking her coffee, eating her pie, smoking her cigarettes, loving her husband... and just before you know it her and the old bitch are going around town chasing bucks for some fun. But not only that, they don't just screw them; they dance and have fun with them in four in the afternoon, on radio music, near the mall. In Odessa, in Texas. Then there's the old blind guy, asking good folks passing by to shoot him down. You don't wanna know what he's eating there, right? ''Sir you got any gasoline?'' - asks TLJ's character - ''I have a deer here that started to go bad.''. The old man replies - ''No, but I got some antifreeze.'' The pump the corpse they're carrying full of it.

I don't wanna go any further, but there isn't that much to ''get'' if you ask me. Maybe why the Mexican lied, or did he lie, at all.

6/10

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:32:24 AM by Dust Devil » Logged

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »

I'll check the other half, though: the women are worth more than a look.

The waitress, right?

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:34:30 AM by Dust Devil » Logged

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
twood
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 11:14:38 AM »

A terriffic film, IMO.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM