Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 05:50:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Oldboy (2003)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oldboy (2003)  (Read 3318 times)
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2007, 10:45:05 PM »

Plot:An average man is kidnapped and imprisoned in a shabby cell for 15 years without explanation. He then is released, equipped with money, a cellphone and expensive clothes. As he strives to explain his imprisonment and get his revenge, he soon finds out that not only his kidnapper has still plans for him, but that those plans will serve as the even worse finale to 15 years of imprisonment.

My Thoughts:Good movie with some really good directing and acting.

Note:Dont see it if your the squemish type

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 02:31:11 AM »

a bit too weird for my taste. when it ended I had to ask myself twice if what I thought happened really happened, and I came to the conclusion that it did.  Shocked

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 10:01:17 AM »

Oldboy is an excellent movie. I highly recommend it to those who haven't seen it. It lives up to the hype.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Man with no dame
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 08:29:06 PM »

Plot:An average man is kidnapped and imprisoned in a shabby cell for 15 years without explanation. He then is released, equipped with money, a cellphone and expensive clothes. As he strives to explain his imprisonment and get his revenge, he soon finds out that not only his kidnapper has still plans for him, but that those plans will serve as the even worse finale to 15 years of imprisonment.

My Thoughts:Good movie with some really good directing and acting.

Note:Dont see it if your the squemish type
Enjoyed this movie very much. Very surreal, slightly disturbing. Of course the fight with the hammer is great. One of the better Asian imports over the last few years! 5/5 I think that's how you guys rate 'em!

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 10:18:10 PM »

I own this film. It's an amazing work of art. Although it is not for everyone.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Man with no dame
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 03:23:16 PM »

I own this film. It's an amazing work of art. Although it is not for everyone.
  Really, Tuc. Enlighten us. What did you like & hate about this movie? What was your opinion of the production, and how it looked? Was the writing up to the standards you expect in a movie of this type? Favorite scene?

Nakadai
Bandido

We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 05:55:29 PM »

It's an excellent film, in fact the entire trilogy is great. Very moving and full of impact, a well written and original offering. 

Too bad India's remake can't spout the same..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q-rW1FZMX8  Huh

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 07:31:02 PM »

Really, Tuc. Enlighten us. What did you like & hate about this movie? What was your opinion of the production, and how it looked? Was the writing up to the standards you expect in a movie of this type? Favorite scene?

Are you being a smartass MAN? I told you I owned it. It sounds to me from your post that you don't believe me. Interesting.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Man with no dame
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 07:40:53 PM »

Are you being a smartass MAN? I told you I owned it. It sounds to me from your post that you don't believe me. Interesting.
Oh, I believe you. With your gushing remark, I had hoped for more details. Please don't take me to the edge, and not what's beyond! I own many flicks I have not completed. There is no shame in that!

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 07:52:35 PM »

Oh, I believe you. With your gushing remark, I had hoped for more details. Please don't take me to the edge, and not what's beyond! I own many flicks I have not completed. There is no shame in that!

Yeah, but I own over 1,000 films and I've seen them all. If I had that problem, I'd tell you. I've seen Oldboy quite a few times. I actually had to watch it in Film class one time. What I found disturbing in the movie is when Dae-su Oh, played by actor Min-sik Choi, is hallucinating ants crawling all over his body. I cannot even imagine that happening to me. I'm itching all over right now thinking about it. My absolute favorite moment in the film is now a pretty famous shot in my opinion when the character Dar's Oh fights through an army of gangsters as the camera pans alongside him slowly as he fights his way through. Absolute brilliant shot.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 08:02:22 PM by Tucumcari_Bound » Logged

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 08:05:31 PM »

Had a look at the "Hammer" fight on youtube (I know shame on me) and it seems to me it's just significant because it was shot all on one take.
it was a bit dull actually. There are much better fights out there, like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szsQieE5Kdw

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 11:16:29 AM »

Not a remake but another adaptation by Steven Spielberg.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1321511/

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM