Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 02:11:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Thanks SLWB!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thanks SLWB!  (Read 2598 times)
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2007, 09:21:41 AM »

I had watched this film before via a P & S print on a UK network channel and didn't like it much. Last year I was bought it as a gift and it sat on my shelf, Then a week before I started a major job in December I sat down and watched it during my 'Leone week' and boy did I enjoy it. Despite the terrible 5.1 upmix and the supposed mis cues etc I really did enjoy this film. Still no where near my favourite Leone it was still a flawed yet excedingly enjoyable film that stayed with me quite a while afterwards. I want to thank all you guys with all your posts in this here section that helped persuade me to sit down and re-vist and this time enjoy this classic  Smiley

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 10:33:18 AM »

I had watched this film before via a P & S print on a UK network channel and didn't like it much. Last year I was bought it as a gift and it sat on my shelf, Then a week before I started a major job in December I sat down and watched it during my 'Leone week' and boy did I enjoy it. Despite the terrible 5.1 upmix and the supposed mis cues etc I really did enjoy this film. Still no where near my favourite Leone it was still a flawed yet excedingly enjoyable film that stayed with me quite a while afterwards. I want to thank all you guys with all your posts in this here section that helped persuade me to sit down and re-vist and this time enjoy this classic  Smiley
I never liked DYS as a kid because it wasn't FAFDM or GBU and its only relatively recently that i've come to love this as much as the Dollars trilogy.About the mix-sounds fine through my tv set,but through the speakers Morricones score sounds too harsh but as with the other SE's i love the surround sound which brings it EVEN MORE  to life Wink

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 09:56:01 PM »

This grew on me as well.
I would say it's my favorite.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 10:42:22 AM »

I like the Surround sound no matter what anyone says.  Tongue   Afro

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 10:47:18 AM »

I love surround sound too don't get me wrong but I tend to be a purist when it comes to original soundtracks so I would rather have the original mono tracks.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 08:18:10 AM »

The equal of GBU, OUATITW and OUATIA, DYS repays repeated viewings. Given a full three-score-and-ten, I expect, in my lifetime, to watch it 100 times.

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 03:21:58 PM »

Apparently I'm the only one who liked it at first sight (and I saw it 3 times at the theatre, if I remember well). 

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 03:30:36 PM »

I didn't like it when I was a kid because I couldn't watch Rod Steiger as a pandan to Tuco/Wallach.I liked Tuco way way more,it took me some time to start apreciating this movie.Now it's one of my favorites. Afro

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM