Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 03:24:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Sting of the West (Tedeum)(1972)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sting of the West (Tedeum)(1972)  (Read 3934 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2007, 03:47:40 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069352/
http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/tedeum.htm

Must admit that I had a good laugh 5-6 times with this, but I agree with the unanimous negative reviews, both at IMDB and SWDB. Castellari has nothing to do with comedy, even Cry Onion does little for me (actually it does even less than this). The jokes and the gags are old or stupid and\or childish. The score has a good title song by De Angelis Bros. which I presume was first intended for some Hill-Spencer southamerican foray. 

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 07:33:41 PM by titoli » Logged

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 08:27:21 AM »

Watched  this about a month ago.Its alternate title TEDEUM pretty well sums this movie up.Very unfunny and Palance dressed throughout as a monk disappoints.One of Castellari's worst sw's. Sad

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 12:25:57 PM »

I agree with the comments above, this is one of Castellari's worst SWs. In fact, it reminds me to a great extent of "I came, I saw, I shot". I still think that movies like this one are what started the decline of what otherwise was a good genre. Perhaps it had something to do with people in the early 70s being overwhelmend with too many "serious" SWs and something more lighthearted in the "Trinity" fashion was a novelty (the karate-westerns came later). I think that very few Spaghetti comedy-westerns were worth watching, some notorious exceptions being the first two "Trinity" movies, My Name is Nobody (this is my absolute favourite comedy SW), The Genius, The White, the Yellow and the Black, and a few more.

One of these days I will find the time to watch "Cry Onion", but somehow I don't think I will like it.

3/10 for Tedeum.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM