Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 03:15:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Who thinks that this is best out of all 3??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who thinks that this is best out of all 3??  (Read 28766 times)
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 12:08:28 PM »

The ending of FAFDM always brings a tear to my eye when Mortimer  says "I think it's all for you, you deserve it" then "Maybe next time".

yeah,sad lines

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 08:02:23 PM »

Yeah, those lines along with the music are very touching. This ending is classic, but I like TGTBATU just a bit more. They are both perfect though.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
poderator
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 03:31:53 AM »

Great hommage to a Western genre. I mean, that moment when col. Mortimer rides of at the sunset.... Classic.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 05:32:43 AM »

I think its a sunrise and he's heading east, I don't think the gunbattle with Indio's Gang took a whole 12 hr day

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 06:10:14 AM »

Until relatively recently i always considered FAFDM to be the best in the trilogy.The movie seemed to be better paced than GBU,i prefered LVC as Mortimer and Indio was a better villain than Angel Eyes.Also the final duel is more moving than the GBU finale.
   But as with OUATITW i grew to appreciate the pure epicness of GBU and Tuco just grew and grew on me so now maybe i'd put them about level.
   Interestingly(and i'd like to hear Titoli's take on this) i read that in Italy FAFDM was by far the more popular of the two and that GBU was seen as some sort of watered down cop out by Leone Shocked

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 03:54:22 PM »

I am almost positive that FAFDM was more popular at the box office, I don't know about the whole watered down comment.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 02:11:25 AM »

In Hughes sw book- " the more sentimental moments in the film(Tuco praying to a painting of Christ,Blondy ministering to dying soldiers,Angel Eyes giving a starving Confederate soldier a bottle of whiskey) were a dilution of Leones style and a sell out to the United Artists money men"

Tim
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 08:34:59 PM »

In Hughes sw book- " the more sentimental moments in the film(Tuco praying to a painting of Christ,Blondy ministering to dying soldiers,Angel Eyes giving a starving Confederate soldier a bottle of whiskey) were a dilution of Leones style and a sell out to the United Artists money men"

Sell out or not, I like all the scenes you mentioned, banjo.   Grin  Tuco praying to the Christ painting I always interpreted as just another peel off the onion of Tuco.  Angel Eyes giving the soldier the whiskey made him somewhat human and part of the best added scene IMO.  And as for Blondie with ministering for soldiers, his moments with the Union captain and the mortally wounded Confederate soldier are very moving.  Just my thoughts on the subject though. Smiley

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 05:42:10 AM »

Sell out or not, I like all the scenes you mentioned, banjo. 
Me too!! Wink

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 10:42:07 AM »

I agree with Banjo's earlier comment on how El Indio is a far better villain than Angel Eyes.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2007, 02:10:58 PM »

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly a sellout?!?! I DO NOT THINK SO. I would never believe that for a second. It's arguably the greatest movie ever made.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Faisalha9159
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 06:22:22 PM »

My dad does. For sure.

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 06:33:27 PM »

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly a sellout?!?! I DO NOT THINK SO. I would never believe that for a second. It's arguably the greatest movie ever made.

sellout no but Greatest Movie ever? thats arguably

Man with no dame
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2007, 05:34:16 PM »

Of the three, I would tie this one with GBU. Just rewatched this one again last night(haven't seen it in years) and Volonte's over the top psycho bandit is right up there with Hannibal Lector. Very close call. But Fistful shouldn't be slighted either. Think it has the best Morricone tracks of the 3.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 05:33:28 AM »

haven't seen it in years
Hey you must've been really inspired to join up here so sudden then! Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM