Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2019, 10:49:00 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  This is seriously one of the most beautiful shots I've ever seen in a film.
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: This is seriously one of the most beautiful shots I've ever seen in a film.  ( 9926 )
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« : January 25, 2007, 04:39:18 PM »

The buildings so high, a segment of the bridge almost pasted in the background, steam rising from the ground, as sophisticatedly dressed children walk across the street, with the youngest just prancing ahead.

This is easily the most beautifully made shot in the film. Everything seems to be so peaceful. I love it, I tell yuh! Hoo Ha!

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #1 : January 25, 2007, 04:44:10 PM »

Everything seems to be so peaceful. I love it, I tell yuh! Hoo Ha!

And it's sad to think the peace is ended when Bugsy appears a few minutes later.

It's a beautiful shot.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #2 : January 25, 2007, 04:54:37 PM »

There's two things I always remember. Dominic, and the way he said "I slipped" just before he died. The other was you.

Tuco the ugly

« #3 : January 25, 2007, 06:59:46 PM »

All those scenes with the bridge behind are beautiful. O0

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

« #4 : January 25, 2007, 09:59:42 PM »

Same shot different moment.

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #5 : January 26, 2007, 08:47:35 AM »

Would love to go and stand at the spot, put that on my to do list on my next NY trip

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #6 : January 26, 2007, 09:00:17 AM »

Would love to go and stand at the spot, put that on my to do list on my next NY trip

I still haven't been there, I really would like to.

Maybe I'll go down there with my dad before the Morricone concert.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #7 : January 26, 2007, 09:19:37 AM »

I went to Manhattan three times in one year, but never again besides for that. It's truly amazing.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #8 : January 26, 2007, 04:52:28 PM »

Peacemaker, if you know the exact spot, please let me know. I want to include it in my next NY trip.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #9 : January 26, 2007, 04:56:19 PM »

Peacemaker, if you know the exact spot, please let me know. I want to include it in my next NY trip.

Funny, me and my dad were JUST talking about that exact location today on the phone too.

My dad loves OUATIA, he thinks it's Leone's best film. He told me that he knows the location. It's on the Brooklyn side, not the Manhattan side close to where Peter Luger's steakhouse is.

I'll ask him again for the exact location again tomorrow and post it for you Sanjuro.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #10 : January 26, 2007, 04:58:48 PM »

Funny, me and my dad were JUST talking about that exact location today on the phone too.

My dad loves OUATIA, he thinks it's Leone's best film. He told me that he knows the location. It's on the Brooklyn side, not the Manhattan side close to where Peter Luger's steakhouse is.

I'll ask him again for the exact location again tomorrow and post it for you Sanjuro.

Thanks Peace, I look forward to it!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #11 : January 26, 2007, 09:36:21 PM »

Its on Washington Street in Brooklyn (Dumbo) which is Down Under the Manhattan Bridge

I though I made a suggestion that we early birds for the concert could do a Brooklyn homage to Leone

here is a link to images

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.oldnyc.com/jay_street_rr/dumbo/Dscn0046.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.oldnyc.com/jay_street_rr/dumbo/jay_street_rr_7.html&h=384&w=512&sz=40&hl=en&start=46&tbnid=I15kWQNQTCcLcM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=131&prev=/images%3Fq%3DWater%2BStreet%2BBrooklyn%26start%3D40%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26rls%3DGWYA,GWYA:2006-42,GWYA:en%26sa%3DN

« : January 26, 2007, 09:41:02 PM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tuco the ugly

« #12 : January 27, 2007, 06:38:56 AM »

cj you really love this long links don't you? :o

so this is how it looks today.

what about the scene when Bob DeNiro is (30 years after) running with the suitcase full of money?Isn't that scene also somewhere under the bridge?

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #13 : January 27, 2007, 06:55:38 AM »

Thanks for the link Joe. Great how the pointed out the old tracks being built over by the sidewalk. There was a book I was going to pick up in NY when I was over there about the lost tunnels and hidden buildings underground New York. Wish I had bought it now.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #14 : January 27, 2007, 07:39:33 AM »

long link ;)

I can't figure out a shorter way on this site any tricks to it?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines