Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2018, 12:59:53 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Posse (1993)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Posse (1993)  ( 3026 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« : January 30, 2007, 11:35:56 AM »

I've just seen Posse and it fares good along SW lines until the scene is set in the black village. Then it is the usual progressive crap with some good action scene marred by good morals, with some twist (the evil black sheriff). I can't understand why americans can't be nihilistic in westerns and show us good bad men (as in SW) instead of bad good men (and black ones at that). 

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #1 : February 11, 2011, 05:21:42 PM »

I've just seen Posse and it fares good along SW lines until the scene is set in the black village. Then it is the usual progressive crap with some good action scene marred by good morals, with some twist (the evil black sheriff). I can't understand why americans can't be nihilistic in westerns and show us good bad men (as in SW) instead of bad good men (and black ones at that). 

Reading Titoli's comments I wonder if he's not referring to the Mario Van Peebles Posse. I don't recall any black characters in the Douglas film.

Saturday nights with Groggy
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #2 : February 11, 2011, 11:30:04 PM »

Reading Titoli's comments I wonder if he's not referring to the Mario Van Peebles Posse. I don't recall any black characters in the Douglas film.

Yeah, they're different movies.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

« #3 : February 12, 2011, 02:13:33 AM »

It's alright now.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines