Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 12:44:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  THE LEGEND OF JACK DETH- a script
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE LEGEND OF JACK DETH- a script  (Read 8695 times)
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2007, 07:19:12 PM »

At the behest of Firecracker, I'm posting my first completed script that is currently awaiting copyright. This is the first of a trilogy. The second installment is 80% complete. If it never gets picked up, it's been fun creating a world and characters of your own making.

THE LEGEND OF JACK DETH
An original story by
Brian A Bankston

4th revised and final version

FADE IN

EXT.   HILL IN UNSPECIFIED AREA   MORNING

The opening shot is darkness. Then the sun rises amidst a red sky. In the background the silhouette of a man on horseback appears then stops. He raises a hand. Then many more darkened figures on horseback appear. The man looks to the left then to the right slowly before signaling to ride forward. The dark figures disappear over the hills. The camera remains transfixed on the red sun for a moment.

EXT.   INDIAN VILLAGE  DAY

A cutaway to a dolly shot reveals a flowing river. There are native American children playing in the river while their mothers' wash clothes near the edge. The camera pans up to reveal a small village. A series of cuts show the Indians performing their daily activities. All is peaceful...for the moment. Cut back to the children playing. One hears a horse whinnying over the hill. The little boy walks over the hill and sees a strange man on a horse watching, stationary. The man smiles. The boy smiles back and waves. The sound of a gun bolt being pulled back is heard but not seen. Close up of the mans face as he grins from ear to ear. Cut to the boys mother by the river. She hears a gunshot. She looks around frantically and rushes over the hill and sees the man still atop his horse and the body of her son lies near her feet. Cut back to the river. Another shot is heard but unseen. Medium shot on the hill. The woman slowly comes over the hill staggering. a stream of blood runs down the middle of her chest. She tries to speak but cannot. The man gallops over the hill with a machete drawn and then decapitates the woman. The head rolls down the hill and into the river. The others in the village take notice. There is silence. close up on the mans eyes. His wild eyes follow left then right.

MAN (Jericho Wild)
KILL EVERYONE!!!

An Army of bandits descend on the village and a mass slaughter ensues. Women & children trying to escape are cut down by both blades and bullets. The men try to stop them but are outnumbered. Several of the bandits are killed by arrows and hatchets. The leader sees one of the Indians killing his men. He rides over knocking the man down. The Indian throws a hatchet but the killer shoots the axe out of the air, then shoots the Indian in the leg. The killer grabs him by the hair dragging him as he gallops through the village. One of the other bandits, Luis, the second in command pulls his machete and cuts the valiant fighter's head off. The leader hoists it into the air. All around him the violence ensues as the camera dissolves to the aftermath. Everyone is dead except for one old man.

LUIS
Jericho, this one still breathes!

Jericho Wild, the leader of the gang walks over dead corpses to see the one still alive. The old man mumbles incoherently in his own language.

JERICHO WILD
What's he saying? He says much but I don't understand it!

One word is understood though. The dying old man repeats it over and over. The word is DEVIL.

JERICHO WILD
Yes old man...I am the devil!

Jericho points his gun at the camera and fires. The screen goes black.

EXT.   BEAUTIFUL PLAIN NEAR LAKE   DAY

CREDITS OVERLAP ACTION

A man awakens as if the massacre was all a dream. He looks around then into the sky. He is lying near a lake. The bright sun beams down on the lake. It's early afternoon. The credits begin overlapping the onscreen action. The man washes his face then looks up into the sun again as if to tell time then looks around slowly. He is expecting someone but they have yet to arrive. The man mounts his horse and casually trots away. A close up of a rotted animal carcass swarming with flies as the man goes past in the background. The wind howls softly as hangman’s nooses swing in the breeze from several trees. Medium shot on the man with his head down. A brief flashback begins......

.....The man remembers going to fight in the war leaving behind his wife and four children-three boys and one girl.....

INT.   CABIN (FLASHBACK)

REGINA (wife)
Please come home soon. Write to us when you can. We all love you Jack.

The flashback ends.

EXT.  DUSTY PLAIN   DAY

The man continues to ride. The wind picks up and the sky becomes full of clouds as if a storm is coming. Suddenly a dust storm appears. The man continues to ride oblivious to the blowing dust and dirt around him. Camera shot behind the man reveals three figures on two horses through the dust cloud. The man stops. Close up on him as he slowly raises his head revealing his eyes. The three men also stop a short distance away. There's a brief pause while the dust storm encircles the men. The three dismount as does the man. They have distinctively nasty features that reveal them to be most unfriendly.

VILLAIN #1
Hey gringo, we have a problem. One of our horses threw a shoe back there and we need to take yours.

The man doesn't answer but stares intensely at them as if he recognizes them from somewhere.

VILLAIN #3
Maybe the American has dust in his ears, eh?

VILLAIN #2
We will take it whether you answer or not cabron! You don't know...

The man cuts them off...

THE MAN (Jack Deth)
…You belong to Jericho's gang, don't you?

VILLAIN #1
Well, (laughs) you know us after all! Tell me gringo, why does Jericho interest you?

Close up on the mans eyes. He remembers something from his past. A brief close up shot of many gun barrels being fired although you don't see the individuals firing them. Close up on the mans eyes again.

JACK DETH
I just wanted to make sure who you were before I killed you.

VILLAIN #1
(All laugh) And how will you kill us? You don't have a gun! Maybe you will kill us with your bare hands, yes?

VILLAIN #2
Maybe he will talk us to death, uh?

VILLAIN #1
No, this gringo, strangely he doesn't talk very much. Tell me American...what are you going to do?

The man quickly grabs a knife and throws it. It's not an ordinary knife though but a boomerang style knife. The blade flies towards its target slashing through the villains neck nearly slicing his head off.

VILLAIN #1
(gargling and spitting blood) DAMN YOU.....GRINGO BASTARD!!

The other two stand shocked momentarily. Then the flying knife comes back striking the second man in the back of the neck. The third villain draws when from out of nowhere, several arrows strike him in the back. Their bodies drop to the ground. Another figure approaches. It's an Indian. The two are friends.

JACK DETH
You didn't come back so I went looking for you. I found them instead.

The Indian looks down at the bodies. One is still alive. The man walks over to the bandit with the knife in the back of his neck.

VILLAIN #2
Who....who...who are y...you...gringo?

JACK DETH
I am Deth. (He reaches down to pull his blade from the mans neck) I had another name once... (As he pulls the blade out the bandit dies)...But that was a long time ago.

The dust storm dies down, disappearing almost as quickly as it had appeared. Cut to the two men riding away towards the camera as the title appears onscreen.

TITLE

EXT. TOWN CALLED PURGATORY FALLS   DAY

Cutaway to the town of Purgatory Falls. A dolly shot pans down the street up to the sheriffs office and stops on a large wanted poster of a man named Jericho Wild. A long list of crimes are below his picture with a bounty of 20,000 dollars. A bounty hunter named Ben McGee with a cigar in his mouth looks at the poster then enters the sheriffs office.

INT.  SHERIFF CLAXTON’S OFFICE    DAY

BEN McGEE
I see Jericho's bounty has went up.

JED CLAXTON (sheriff)
Yes it has, but you'll never collect on it. He's more men in his gang now. He's too much for one bounty killer.

BEN
C'mon Jed, you know me! I've got help! Besides, between Jericho and all his goons, there's plenty of money to split six ways.

JED
That is if you can find him, much less get close to him. I've just got word over the wire his crew ran roughshod all over Goldstone killing nearly everyone there. No reason, no motive. With all his other crimes over the past few years- the Indian massacre, Jack Donovan and his family and now this the Army'll be getting involved soon. I must say he gets braver by the day!

BEN
Or stupid.

JED
Oh no, maybe crazy, but not stupid.

Jed walks over to the window.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 07:20:14 PM »

JED
It's gettin' where you don't feel safe to go outside no more. I remember a time when the only things you had to worry about was the crop season and a runny nose. How times have changed.

Jed looks out into the street at all the people going to shop, running errands and enjoying the day. He has a worried look on his face wondering when the bloodthirsty gang will strike in his town.

JED
Ben, where are your men? They are here aren't they?

BEN
They're around. Don't worry Jed, if anything happens we're more than equipped to handle the situation.

The sheriff walks over to Ben who sits comfortably with his feet propped up on a table.

JED
I'm gettin' old Ben...

BEN
You're not gettin' old Jed, you've always been old...

JED
I've been sheriff here for as long as I can remember. These people have counted on me for just as long. I'm afraid. For the first time in my life I'm really afraid, afraid of lettin' all those people down.

BEN
We all have to get old Jed...and die. (Lights another cigar) Try not to think too much about it. You mentioned a man named Jack Donovan.

JED
Jack...Jack was a friend of mine. He's dead now though. He used to raise horses until about five years ago. He went off to fight in the war. A couple of years later he came home...

Jed pauses momentarily as if having difficulty telling the story.

JED
....He came home and found that Jericho Wild had taken his family hostage. He killed every one of'’em-his wife, his kids, his brother and his ranch hands, he even stole all his horses. And Jack, well he killed him too. By the time we got there his home was burned to the ground. We never found Jacks body.

Jed looks out the window once more.

BEN
How do you know he's dead if you didn't find a corpse? Maybe he survived? Perhaps he's been hiding all this time.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:24:26 PM »

JED
No...If he were alive he wouldn't have disappeared for two years. I'd have seen him by now. I'd like to think he were still alive. I mean, what would he have been doing all this time?

EXT.   LIANG JUNG’S CABIN

The scene cuts away to Jack throwing a knife into a target. An old Chinese man sits cross legged watching. His Indian friend, Lone Wolf, stands at the Chinese mans side. Jack then throws one of his boomerang blades through a moving target. He then pulls his revolver and displays some fancy shooting skills just before doing a back flip in time to catch the blade as it returns to him. The old man looks at Jack as if he is not impressed by his flamboyancy. He takes a puff on his large pipe. Close up on Jack then on the old man. Jack spies a fly on the old man’s hat and on the end of his pipe. Jack grins and simultaneously fires a bullet that removes the fly on his hat and throws a boomerang blade that takes off the end of his pipe ruining his smoke. Medium shot with Jack in the right foreground as Liang slowly turns his head to Jack with a stone faced visage.  Cut to Jack as he  grins and snickers.

JACK
C’mon Liang, I was only joking!

Cut to Liang still with the frozen look on his face. A smile slowly takes shape then suddenly Liang throws his now shortened pipe that removes Jack’s hat stabbing it into the tree behind him and almost at the same time extends his hand releasing several needles that remove Jack’s guns from his belt. As they drop to the ground Jack looks up at Liang embarrassed and amazed. Cut to medium shot of Liang whose smile changes to snickers.

LIANG
My joke is funnier than yours!

The old man motions for Lone Wolf.

OLD CHINESE MAN (Liang Jung)
These apples, I will toss them into the air. You pierce them with your bow. Mind none of them touch the ground!

Liang throws the apples skyward. Lone Wolf reacts quickly firing one arrow after the other with each piercing an apple. The scene then changes to Jack and Lone Wolf doing torturous exercises with contraptions built by Liang. There is a montage showing the two performing exercises to build arm, leg, waist and wrist strength. These enhance their speed, agility and fighting skills. Cut to a scene of the two sparring together exchanging techniques as Liang Jung looks on.

LIANG JUNG
STOP!! That is enough for now.

INT.  LIANG’S CABIN   AFTERNOON

Cut to the three inside Liang’s cabin having a meal. Liang looks over  at his two students.

LIANG
I assume the food is good.

There is silence. The two carry on eating as Liang raises his head as if he knows why his pupils are so quiet.
LIANG
So you two will be leaving soon?

Jack and LW look up at Liang amazed.

LIANG
I understand.

JACK
How did you know? You’re not a mind reader too are you?

LIANG
(snickers) When you get to be as old as I am you will learn and know many things.  If…you get to be as old as I am.

JACK
And all this time Liang, we haven't learned anything about you. Everybody has a story to tell, what's yours?

LONE WOLF
I too have wondered this.

LIANG
Well, I did tell you once I worked for building the railroad with many other Chinese. The boss treat us as slaves! In China I escaped the tyrannical rule of the Qing Empire only to find same situation here, on a much smaller scale mind you!

JACK
Why exactly did you leave your homeland in the first place? You must have gotten yourself into some serious shit over there. America is a long ways from China.

LIANG
That...is another story! And not enough time to tell it!

LW
Your family? What happened to them? They did not come with you?

LIANG
That TOO...is another story!

JACK
Well red, the old man’s not talking, you game for a run in the woods?

LIANG
There is one thing I have noticed in my time here in America. You people are so nosy! I will tell you another time! That time in my life is not something I enjoy talking about! Anyways, you both be most careful in the woods.

JACK
Why do you say that?

LIANG
I have seen many wild animals about. You never know what you may run into!

EXT.   FOREST NEAR CABIN   MID AFTERNOON

The scene cuts to the two of them jogging through the forest. They run a ways until they find a strange sight. A large pole planted into the ground adorned with human skulls. Vultures resting atop the skulls fly away.

JACK
What the hell is this?

LW
We cannot go further, at least not this way.

JACK
You know what this means?

LW
This is the lair of Ka-Tah-Din. It reaches even here! We must not cross.

JACK
What is Ka-Tah-Din?

LW
He is the spirit of the forest. One of natures guardians. He takes the form of a great grizzly bear.

JACK
Just a bear huh?

LW
If we cross the path we will not come out alive.

JACK
It's just a bear, no spirit, no God, just a bear. Don’t be superstitious red, you'll live longer that way!

Suddenly a loud roar is heard from behind Jack accompanied by the sound of trees breaking. Jack turns. Close up on his face. His head tilts slowly upwards. Medium shot of both Jack and LW looking up in astonishment as the camera pans around behind them revealing 18 feet of animal fury in the form of a giant grizzly. The largest grizzly that ever lived. Close up on Jacks face as he tries to comprehend what is before him.

LW
What was it you said about living longer?

JACK
Just a bear, right?........RUN!!!

The two take off like they were shot out of a cannon. The bear breaks another tree like a toothpick then takes chase behind them. Jack and LW run and duck over and under fallen trees to escape the monster. The bear easily clears a path clawing and biting narrowly missing its intended quarry. Cut to a POV shot in front of Jack and LW then cut to a shot behind them. The camera turns to show the bear chasing. Jack and LW leap onto a large rock formation. Lone Wolf almost slips. Jack grabs him with a free hand. The bear tries to get to them. Jack begins to lose his balance. With his other hand he jams a blade into a rock crevice then he is able to pull LW up barely escaping the animals jaws. They make it over the rock and begin running again gaining a few seconds. They stop suddenly almost going over a cliff with a waterfall on the other side. They hear a roar and turn to see the bear nearly over the boulder.

JACK
Oh shiiit!!!

LW
We must jump! There's no other way out!

JACK
On three...1...2...3...NOW!!

The bear clears the rock and charges once again. He swipes and misses them as they go over the edge into the water forty feet below. The bear nearly goes over but manages to climb back to more secure ground. The bear seated atop the cliff looks down and lets out a roar as if angry over losing a meal. Meanwhile Jack and LW swim to safety.

JACK
It was just a bear right? Remind me never to run in the woods again!

FADE OUT

EXT.  LIANG’S CABIN   MORNING

The scene dissolves to the following day. Jack and LW prep their steeds. Liang walks outside and yawns.

LIANG
You two are up early. I have something for the both of you before you leave.

JACK
You don’t have to give us anything Liang, you’ve already done enough for us. You’ve been so much more than a teacher…you’ve been like a father to me and I’m sure red feels the same way.

LIANG
No, no, no…this will assist you on your journey. This is something very special! I only wish you two could stay on a bit longer.

JACK
Me too Liang…me too. But we've gotta find Jericho now before things get too out of hand. It’s been eating away at me for the past couple of years and the time has come.

LIANG
For justice…or revenge?

Jack looks at Liang momentarily then continues readying his steed.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 07:27:39 PM »

LIANG
I understand. If in your place, I would do the same. Just remember even though hate fuels your revenge, it can be your undoing. It is what has kept you alive all this time. When I found you, you should have been dead. I removed many bullets from your body. One even here (points to Jack’s head). You were lucky.

JACK
I don't believe in luck Liang, never have. I guess I should believe in something, huh?

LIANG
You can trust in this!

Liang gives Jack a new set of boomerang blades made of much stronger steel than the ones he already has.

LIANG
And you my Indian friend, this is for you!

Liang gives LW a new bow. This new bow is specially made to fire three arrows at once and a new set of steel tipped arrows.

LW
I am indebted further to you my teacher.

JACK
How can we repay you Liang?

LIANG
By delivering justice. You must put an end to this madman before he can kill more innocent people. You two have blood debts that must be settled. Your family as well as your own life Jack…Your village, your people, Lone Wolf…I pray you are successful…Both of you. When you have gotten your revenge, then come back sometime, we have much to talk about!

JACK
Like that giant killer grizzly in the woods! I assume you knew.

LIANG
(laughs) I told you to be careful did I not? Yes, many strange things here in America.

The two get on their horses.

JACK
Goodbye Liang. Thanks, for everything. We will return. That’s a promise.

Jack moves away. LW bows his head to Liang. The two then ride off. Liang watches them disappear through a cloud of dust. Close up on his face reveals a somber worried look as if his own two sons had rode off to combat uncertain danger. He turns to go back inside his cabin and before he enters he looks back at the dissipating dust trail.

LIANG
Justice…or revenge…yes, I would do the same!

EXT.   GRASSY PLAIN    DAY

JACK
We can hole up in Goldstone, or what's left of it. It's a ghost town now. I wouldn't imagine that anyone would go there. What do you think?

LW
Excellent. It is best if we are away from curious eyes much of the time.

EXT./ INT.  MILITARY OUTPOST   AFTERNOON

Cut to a military outpost run by Captain Garrett. The camera pans through soldiers as they go about their business whether it be performing their day to day tasks, marching or military training. The camera stops on Garrett’s office and peers into the window. Garrett is talking to Sergeant Ripley…

CAPTAIN GARRETT
Well it seems this Jericho Wild has caused quite a stir lately. Holman’s just sent word they’ve sent a regiment out to find him led by  Colonel Jackson. They’ve also informed Army encampments in the surrounding states to be on the lookout for him. He’s certainly making a name for himself.

SGT. RIPLEY
He’ll make a mistake sooner or later, sir. His kind always do.

Garrett looks at Ripley momentarily then stands. He goes over to his bar to fix a drink.

CAPT. GARRETT
That remains to be seen. Until then, the trick is to find him. He never stays in the same place very long. You care for a drink Sergeant? We’ve found caves dug into the mountains around here…

SGT. RIPLEY
…You think he may have been hiding out in those caves?

CAPT. GARRETT
No doubt…no doubt in my mind sergeant. We‘ll catch up to him sooner or later. (takes a sip of his drink) And then…like a fly in a spider‘s web, he’ll get caught in the trap. (Hands drink to Ripley) In fact, I think I’ll send out a hunting party of my own. You sergeant…round up about a dozen men and check out those mountains. Try not to do anything foolish, understand?

SGT. RIPLEY
Yes sir. I’ll have a group ready to go within the hour (exit’s the room).

Garrett looks as if he is in a daze then looks down at his drink. He finishes it then goes back to his desk.

EXT.  TOWN OF GOLDSTONE RUINS     MID AFTERNOON

Jack and LW enter the remnants of Goldstone and inspect it to make sure they will be the sole occupants for the time being.

JACK
Well, it appears we're alone. Red Hills is only five miles away. Anything we need we'll find it there. We can get a meal there tonight and check the place out. First, I've got something to do. I won't be long.

LW
Looks like a storm is coming. I will stay here.

EXT.   ETERNAL REST CEMETERY   EARLY EVENING

Jack rides away to the cemetery not far from Purgatory Falls. He visits his families final resting place.

INT./ EXT.   GOLDSTONE RUINS   EARLY EVENING

Cut to LW rummaging through the decrepit buildings. He fixes up one of the rooms as a sleeping quarters. He finds someone in one of the rooms face down on a desk. He goes over and sees it is a skeleton. The boney hand clutching a gun as if the person had committed suicide. He stares at the body wondering what led to the persons death. Further inspection reveals a room full of skeletal remains apparently the bodies of the Goldstone citizens picked clean by vultures after being stashed in the room by Jericho’s men.

Multiple cuts of LW building a pyre out in front of the building containing the remains. He pulls apart a portion of the wall in the room where the bodies are stashed. He takes a couple of old blankets and ties them together. He then lays as many of the skeletal remains as he can onto the blankets and drags them outside to burn them. Cut to a medium shot of LW seen through the flames as they grow higher and higher. Thunder and lightning erupt in the sky.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 07:28:51 PM »

EXT.   ETERNAL REST CEMETERY   EVENING

...The rain pours down from the sky. Up on the hill someone rides by. It's Ben McGee. He looks down at the person standing in the cemetery. He thinks to himself 'who would be crazy enough to be out in this weather?' He tries to get a better look through the downpour and the frequent flashes of lightning. After a blinding flash the figure in the cemetery is gone.

BEN
Damn! I know I saw a man down there!

Ben rides down to inspect closer. He comes to the grave where he saw the man standing. He sees the name JACK DONOVAN. Loud thunder and lightning strike again. Ben looks around to see if the man is around then looks back at the grave marker.

EXT.  GRASSY PLAIN/ GOLDSTONE RUINS  NIGHT

Cut to Jack riding back to the ghost town. The storm has subsided. It is night time. Jack sees a light emanating from afar. It’s the pyre. He rides in front of the fire and dismounts. He sees LW is fixated on the flames.

JACK
You alright red?

LW
Something terrible happened here. I found many bodies stashed in one of the rooms. Many of them appeared to have been tortured then murdered. We must find Jericho soon before he can do this again! I have been thinking of what teacher Liang had said…justice…or revenge. To these poor people, I do not think it would matter much.

JACK
For justice…and for revenge. We’ll get him…we’ll get him!

The camera slowly turns from Jack and LW towards the pyre and slowly zooms into it.

The two ride on to the town of Red Hills. Close shot inside one of the decrepit buildings reveals the silhouette of a figure watching as they gallop away.

EXT.   TOWN CALLED RED HILLS   NIGHT

Cut to the town of Red Hills. Like any other town people go about their business buying from merchants or simply chatting in the streets. However, there seems to be a plethora of cretinous characters about which is a sure sign of bad things to come.

The camera pans across the street resting on a mans boots. The man begins to casually walk over to the saloon, the camera following the boots. He climbs the steps and stops. The camera pans up and the man is revealed to be Ben McGee the bounty hunter. He's reading another poster. This one for the Mexican bandit Don Pedro Vega and his gang. His bounty is significantly lower than Jericho's. Vegas' only worth $2,000, his second in command "Dirty" Diego Sanchez is $1,000 and his men (around a dozen) range from $250 to $400. He stares calmly at the poster all the while smoking on a cigar.

Ben looks around eyeballing several suspicious characters who observe the busy patrons around them. The individuals are Bens cohorts, five bounty killers who are stationed throughout the town. They've been tipped off that Jericho or some of his men have been spotted nearby and they may stop over into town.

Suddenly, Ben’s attention turns to the two men coming into town-Jack Deth and Lone Wolf. The two head over to the restaurant. Ben watches as they talk amongst themselves before entering. The restaurant itself is a classy affair and suited for societies "betters". They enter. Ben throws his cigar down and walks over to the restaurant. He peers into the window spying on the two strangers whom he's never seen before.

INT.  RESTAURANT   NIGHT

JACK
A nice meal please. (Looks over at another table) Two of whatever they're having.

The waiter looks over at his boss with an unsure look on his face.

JACK
Is there a problem?

WAITER
I'm sorry sir, we're not used to entertaining guests such as yourself. Other than the fact that your friend is an Indian, the both of you appear to be of questionable character.

Medium shot on Jack with a disgruntled look on his face. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out some silver.

JACK
Is this what you're worried about? That we may not pay?

WAITER
(sarcastic tone) My apologies sir, we seem to have misjudged you.

JACK
As much as things change, the more they stay the same.

As the waiter walks away embarrassed, Jack sees something familiar across the room. A woman from his past, his wife's sister Raquel. Close up on Jacks face yields a flashback from before he enlisted in the army....

EXT.  JACK’S RANCH  DAY (FLASHBACK)   

....Jack is back on his ranch. He's retrieving water from his well when a beautiful woman approaches from behind him. It's Raquel who has arrived from New England to visit her sister Regina and Jack and see the lives they've made for themselves. She had never married as she had always, rather unfortunately, attracted the wrong kind of men. Raquel wishes to leave her old home behind along with a lot of bad memories in the hopes of starting over fresh. Raquel had always had a crush on Jack attracted to his gentlemanly but rugged qualities. She sees in him what she had always wanted in a man. Jack though, had met Regina first. Raquel of course, was very envious of her sister.

RAQUEL
Jack, you and my sister have done real well for yourselves, a stable job, a beautiful home, four beautiful kids. Care to share the secret with me?

JACK
Clean living Raquel, clean living. There's no secret to that.

RAQUEL
My sister is so lucky. I went from one bad egg to another and Regina lucks out the first time.

Jack continues getting water, the conversation making him more uncomfortable.

JACK
Oh, you'll find someone someday Raquel, the right man.

RAQUEL
But why, why my sister? Why couldn't it have been you and me?

Jack stops obviously annoyed but still polite in his response...

JACK
Because I met your sister first, and I love her very much....and that's all there is to it.

RAQUEL
I'm sorry Jack, I shouldn't have said those things. Sometimes…sometimes I don't think before I talk. You forgive me don't you?

Jack takes his water and walks away then turns to face Raquel.

JACK
We'll keep this conversation between the two of us okay? C'mon, let's go back to the house. (flashback over)

INT.   RESTAURANT  NIGHT

LONE WOLF
Jack? Are you alright? You seem lost...

JACK
...No everything is fine.

The woman on the other side of the room has now spotted Jack. His appearance is quite different now but something about his looks reminds her of the Jack Donovan she once knew. Jack realizes Raquel has seen him.

JACK
Excuse me red, I'm goin' to the bar, be back in a minute.

Raquel seeing Jack approach the bar does likewise passing tables of people who speak in hushed tones, gawking and staring at the two ruffians amongst them.

Medium shot at Jack’s front as Raquel approaches his back. He senses she is behind him. He lifts his drink to his mouth.

RAQUEL
Excuse me, but...I couldn't help noticing you from across the room, uh, I don't mean to be so forward...

Raquel tries to get a better glimpse of the mans face who she believes is Jack Donovan. As she walks to his right he turns to his left and vice versa as to hide his visage from her.

RAQUEL
...but don't I know you from someplace?

JACK
I don't think so.

RAQUEL
I'm sure I know you. You look so familiar, someone I thought had d...

JACK
I said you're mistaken. Now if you'll excuse me...ma'am.

RAQUEL
Y..yes, sorry to have bothered you.

Jack returns to his table. The woman slowly walks near the table and stops hoping to get a closer look at the man’s face. Jack continues to hide his appearance. Raquel reluctantly gives up and goes out the door.

LW
Who was that?

JACK
Someone from my past…and it's safer if it stays that way.

Cut to outside. At the same time five rather distasteful looking Mexican gunmen ride in from the opposite end of town. Ben and his men watch them as they dismount, wondering if they are Jericho's men or Vega's. One of Ben’s men slowly moves his hand down towards his gun. Ben looks over and shakes his head signaling for him to not draw his gun. The five Mexicans become loud as they converse in their native language. The camera cuts quickly between the five men as their tone gets louder still then quick cuts of Ben and his group alluding that some violence may break out at any moment. Nothing happens...yet. The scene cuts back into the restaurant as Jack and Lone Wolf finish their meal.

JACK
There's a saloon across the street, filled with more forgiving patrons I'd say.

LW
You go alone, I will wait outside. I at least, will draw less attention that way.

EXT./ INT. TOWN STREET   NIGHT

The scene cuts to the outside of the saloon. The camera follows a customer inside and cuts through the crowd stopping at a table where the five Mexicans sit drinking and talking amongst themselves. Ben slyly observes Jack enter the bar while LW goes to his horse. On Ben’s signal his group prepares to move in. As LW caresses his horse, he senses he is being watched. Ben now enters the bar followed by two of his men although not at the same time. The customers within, oblivious to what is about to happen, carry on drinking, gambling and having a good time not realizing the bar is about to turn into a bloodbath. Jack stands at the bar ordering a drink with the five Mexicans near his position. They pay him little attention. Ben walks over and casually tells his two men to stand ready by the door but do nothing until he says so.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 07:33:23 PM »

EXT.   TOWN STREET   NIGHT

Cut to the outside as the three other bounty hunters watch the Indian carefully. LW pretends not to notice.

INT.   SALOON   NIGHT

Back in the bar the five Mexicans become a slight bit unruly with one throwing his whiskey onto another. Jack turns his head slightly in their direction. Something catches his eye. One of the bandits is wearing something that strikes a chord. A close up reveals a necklace around the bandits neck. A necklace that belonged to Jack’s daughter. Close up on Jack’s face as he has a flashback.

INT.   JACK’S HOME (FLASHBACK)

JACK
While I'm gone Lucy take care of your mother and keep your brothers out of trouble okay. I'll be gone for a long time so I'm counting on you to help out here.

LUCY
Why do you have to go daddy? What's a war?

JACK
When you get older you'll understand...then again...you'll see that grown ups don't always get along. Some people just can't be nice to one another. Grown ups can be pretty stupid sometimes I guess.

LUCY
I don't wanna grow up then!

JACK
Here, this belonged to my mother Lucy, and now...I give it to you. Don't lose it!

LUCY
I won't daddy. I'm going to miss you.

JACK
I know you will. I'll miss you too honey.

Cut to a brief shot of a gun barrel firing. The word 'daddy' echoing in Jacks ears as he is apparently tied to the ground by chains.

INT.  SALOON   NIGHT

Jack comes out of the flashback with a stone cold look on his face. He's made up his mind that these men have to die. Outside the three bounty killers decide to approach LW.

EXT.  TOWN STREET   NIGHT

BOUNTY HUNTER #1
Hey Indian, you need some help?

BH #2
Some help out of town that is!

LW doesn't answer...

BH #1
Hey redskin, I'm talkin' to you!

BH #2
He probably doesn't speak English.

BH #3
Too stupid to learn I guess!

One of Ben's men puts a hand on LW's shoulder to turn him around.

BH #1
You look at me when I'm talkin' to you, you son-of-a...

LW reacts with lightning speed knocking the three men out quickly. LW goes back to waiting on Jack. Inside the bar the five men demand more whiskey. They take the bottle, break the glasses and shove the waiter back, accidentally falling into Jack. This is the provocation he was waiting for. The bandits carry on with their rude behavior.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 07:34:08 PM »

INT.  SALOON  NIGHT

JACK
Hey Mexican, don't you think you owe me an apology?

Close ups on all five faces as they turn to look at Jack.

MEXICAN #1
Hey gringo, what was that you say? My English is not so good these days.

JACK
I said...you owe me an apology...Mexican!

Now the five men slowly get up from their seats.

MEXICAN #1
You are very funny American. Do you know who we are?

MEXICAN #2
Victor, something about this one, we've seen him before I think. A long time ago.

JACK
Your friend is right. You do know me. Take a long hard look boys. Remember what you and Jericho did and know that on this day you stared Deth in the face!

MEXICAN #1
Why you.....!!

Jack simultaneously pulls his blade and his gun. The boomerang knife slices off one of the villains hands that has just gripped his pistol. As the blade circles around, Jack's gun takes down three of the bandits. The blade then enters the final villains head. He stumbles a bit and tries to fire, raising his gun and cocking the bolt before falling over dead. Jack puts his gun back in his holster and walks over to retrieve his blade. As he bends down a voice calls out...

BEN
Hold it right there! Don't you move! Loco, take his weapons!

Then another voice from behind Ben and his two men...

LW
Don't YOU move! You have three friends lying in the street. I think they've drunk too much. You should take them and go home before you become drunk too, yes?

Jack grins and pulls his blade and the necklace from the dead Mexicans head. Ben turns and looks at Jack with a disgusted look on his face.

BEN
Now look, I don't know who you are but we've been chasin' these men for months! Don't make us come after you too!

JACK
Relax, we don't want the bounty. What you're doing is for the money…what we're doing…is personal....Oh, if you get in our way again, we may have to chase you!

The two leave. Far right close up on Ben’s face with the bartender behind him and Ben’s men cleaning up the mess.

BEN
Barkeep! Who were those two men?

BARKEEP
The Indian is called Lone Wolf, a Cherokee. The other...they call him Deth. Jack Deth.

BEN
Oh really? And why do scared chickens like yourself call him that?

Close up on the bartender.

BARTENDER
Because it’s said…wherever he goes...death will follow…like a shadow!

A dissolve from the bartender to Jack.

EXT.  JERICHO WILD’S HIDEOUT   DAY

The scene then dissolves from a close up of Jacks face to a close up of Jericho Wild. He's at his current hideout, caves embedded in the mountains with a few tents scattered about. Jericho is aware that eight of his men have been either missing or killed. He waits impatiently for one of his banditos to return with information about the fate of those men.

PACO
Jericho, Luis is coming! He has someone with him!

Jericho rushes out anxious for any news...

JERICHO
Well, what did you find out?

PACO
Ask him!

Paco throws the man from his horse. His hands are tied and he shows signs of having been tortured. He is a military man. Jericho smiles. He is rather excited at having caught a soldier. Jericho reaches down and hoists the man into the air with ease.

JERICHO
Aaahhh! A soldier! This must mean the Army is finally seeking me out now! So you know something eh? TALK! What happened to my men? Did somebody kill them? Your Army perhaps? I have heard that a strange man with an Indian friend has been seen around. Who are they?

PRISONER
I don't know...Five of your boys came into town last night...

JERICHO
Go on!!

PRISONER
...they got into a fight with the stranger...he killed them with knives...flying knives...damndest thing I ever saw! He was fast with a gun too!

JERICHO
A man who prefers blades over bullets? Anything more!?!

PRISONER
He did have an Indian with him...bounty hunters were there too...Ben McGee, Fred Hunnicutt, Loco Lawson...and a few others....that's all I know...you'll let me go now right?....

JERICHO
Ben McGee? I think he's staying in Purgatory Falls. He has been after me for some time now. This stranger may be staying there as well. We will go there and make friends with our neighbors, yes?

The men gathered around the prisoner all laugh knowing Jericho intends to massacre the townspeople in Purgatory Falls.

PRISONER
You will let me go right? I...I've told you everything I know...honest I have!

JERICHO
Yes, yes of course I'll let you go…so you can go back and report to your commander, yes? Luis, this man looks very tired from his trip. Take him away and help him sleep!

LUIS
Yes Jericho, whatever you say!

PRISONER
NO!! NNOOO!!! I told you everything! Why must you kill me?!

JERICHO
You fool! I hate all Americans! I plan to kill you all! Your America will soon be no more! Even one of your very own military leaders is helping me! Maybe even your superior!

PRISONER
Please...let me go!! You don't need to kill me! I did what you said!!

JERICHO
Sorry my friend, if I make an exception for you, then I must make exceptions for the rest of your kind! Adios, gringo! Sleep well...forever!

The men all laugh hysterically as the captive is taken away for his execution.

PACO
If this soldier was found in town he was probably sent out to find information on our whereabouts.

JERICHO
And he is probably not the only one! We will have to leave this place…tomorrow. I must meet with the American traitor soon to discuss our plans. I grow impatient for our guns!

PACO
What if he decides to not give them to you? What if he finds out you have no intention of helping him wipe out the Indians?

JERICHO
Oh, he will give me the weapons one way…or another. And by the time he discovers my true intentions, it will be too late!

A woman emerges from one of the tents as bullets are fired in the background.

WOMAN
PACO!!! COME QUICKLY!!! YOUR BABY…YOUR BABY HAS COME!!!

Paco rushes to the tent with Jericho behind him. Paco’s wife has just had a baby after many hours of strenuous labor but something is wrong. One of the midwives shows Jericho the child which is noticeably sick.

MIDWIFE (whispering)
This child is very sick! It will not live through the night! There is nothing that can be done!

Jericho looks at the child seeing the sickness in its tiny body. He looks over at Paco who's leaned over his wife while grasping her hand. Jericho takes the child and gives it to Luis and mumbles something to him. Paco looks over and sees Luis taking his newborn baby outside...

PACO
What are you doing Jericho? Why...

WIFE
Where are you taking our child? Give him back to me!

JERICHO
QUIET!! The child is sick and will die soon! It is better to not let it suffer! There is room only for strong men in my army!

WIFE
Paco, bring me our child!

PACO
Why Jericho, why? Maybe he will survive! He deserves a chance! Don't kill our child! Please Jericho!

WIFE
GIVE ME BACK MY BABY!!!

A gunshot is heard. Paco realizing what has happened, drops to his knees in tears as if the life had been sucked from his body. His wife continues to scream hysterically on the bed. Jericho motions for two of his men to carry Paco to his room. Jericho looks over at Paco’s wife as she is half crazed with sorrow after her newly born child has just been murdered. She never even had a chance to hold it in her arms. Jericho then slowly pulls a pistol from his side and lays it on the stool next to the bed Paco’s wife is lying on. Jericho turns and goes outside. Close up on his face as a single shot is heard and the screams are no more.

JERICHO
LUIS!!! Get the men together!! We're going to pay a visit to Purgatory Falls! (whispers to himself) It's going to be a celebration, one that will be bathed in the blood of innocents! But first, I have a train to catch!

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 07:35:03 PM »

EXT.   PURGATORY FALLS/ SHERIFF’S OFFICE   NIGHT

The scene cuts to Ben and his men riding into Purgatory Falls headed for the sheriffs office. It's nighttime. One of the deputies is seated in a rocking chair outside the office.

BEN
Is Claxton inside?

DEPUTY
He sure is but you all can't...

As all six imposing figures walk past and through the door (medium shot on deputy as the men pass him) the deputy, a bit hesitant to interfere watches each one as they pass him by and once they've all entered he looks into the camera and raises his eyebrows and then casually goes back to drinking coffee.

INT.   SHERIFF JED CLAXTON’S OFFICE   NIGHT

BEN
Jed! I've gotta talk to you! It's urgent! We were in Red Hills yesterday waiting to bag a few of Jericho’s men when this stranger and an Indian showed up. These two weren't typical gunfighters. The stranger used throwing knives and the Indian knocked out three of my men without battin' an eye! The bartender said his name was Jack Deth. Does that name mean anything to you?

JED
Jack Deth huh? Never seen him personally but I've heard stories over the past couple of years about a man who is as quick and deadly with a blade as he is a gun.

Ben continues to stare down at Jed...

JED
Judging by the look on your face I feel like there's something else you want to tell me Ben. Well… spit it out.

BEN
Jack Donovan is still alive!

A zoom on Bens face followed by individual close ups of his group then cutting to a close up of Jed’s face. He sits back in his chair with a puzzled look. He pauses momentarily as if not sure what to say to this news.

JED
And what makes you think that Donovan is still alive?

BEN
It was something the stranger said to the Mexicans before he killed all of'’em! Also, the other day I saw someone in the cemetery standing over a grave that had the name JACK DONOVAN printed on it!

JED
That proves nothin'!

Jed gets up from the chair and pours himself a cup of coffee.

BEN
I have a feeling that Jericho will come here next! He knows who I am and he probably knows I'm here in this town! If he thinks I was involved last night he'll level this place!

Jed continues to fix his coffee not addressing Ben’s statements. The notion that Jericho could invade Purgatory Falls frightens him as his cowardly tendencies return.

BEN
CLAXTON! Are you hearing me!? If he comes here it'll be a bloodbath! This whole situation is starting to get out of hand!

JED
Alright, alright!...I'll wire the nearest military outpost and see if they can send some help over here. I'll do it, I'll do it right now.

EXT.   GOLDSTONE RUINS   NIGHT

Cut to Jack and LW returning to their hideout. They dismount and tie their horses. They enter one of the buildings, light a lantern and see they're not alone...

INT.   RUINED BUILDING   NIGHT

DON PEDRO VEGA
Good evening amigos! Allow me to introduce myself, I am Don Pedro Vega. This man with the eye patch is my right hand "Dirty" Diego Sanchez. OH! (laughs) Where are my manners? Companeros, put down your guns! We are after all, uninvited guests! Not to worry, you are among friends, yes?

JACK
You are holding the gun.

DON PEDRO
I've not come for trouble. I only want to talk to you amigo. I've followed you for quite some time now. I know you want to kill my brother Jericho Wild.

JACK
Your brother!?!

DON PEDRO
Calm down compadre, it's okay, really. In fact, my brother and I have never been close. I knew my father, he never knew his. You...you don't know what he wants do you? My mad brother is quite loco you see. He wants to take back Texas and California as Mexican territory. He hates Americans. He intends to kill you all. He gains new recruits everyday. He is too much for just two men. I come to tell you forget this vendetta while you still breath. You could always join up with me! Jericho will not touch you if you are in my gang! We will be companeros!

LONE WOLF
If he hates the white man so much why did he murder my people?

DON PEDRO
Someone in your military is funding him, his help getting rid of the redskins in exchange for guns, lots of guns! I don't know who the American is but I do know my brother will not fulfill his end of the bargain completely! Also, he is meeting with the American traitor again soon.

JACK
Why are you telling us all this Don Pedro?

DON PEDRO
(pauses) I’m tired of all this killing, all the awful wastage. Since I can’t bring myself to do it I was hoping maybe you could. His plan is doomed to fail. He cannot take on your United States and win. His followers know this too I am sure but they cannot refuse lest they lose their lives. Yes…Jericho is quite insane. Strange, when we were little boys he never wanted to leave our mother’s side. He did not aspire for anything then. It is funny how things turn out later in life the way you never expect. Well, if you don't mind, I must go amigos. Maybe I will see you another time!

Don Pedro and Diego prepare to exit...

JACK
Don Pedro...I'm going to kill your brother...and if I can't do it my friend Lone Wolf will.

LW
His blood will spill. That is promised.

DON PEDRO
(Stops and looks back at Jack and LW) You know compadres, in a way I hope you succeed, I really do. Adios.....MUCHACHOS, WE RIDE!!

LW
Jericho’s  plan is a devious one.

JACK
And crazy, he’d need more guns and ammunition for…wait a minute…Fort Holman is three hours ride from here. An armored shipment is due there by train the day after tomorrow. Guns and ammo is what he needs and that’s where he’ll get it. If there is a traitor on our side, then things are going to get more complicated.

LW
We leave in the morning?

JACK
First light. We should try and get some rest first. With luck we’ll get there ahead of him, if my hunch is correct, that is.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 07:37:03 PM »

EXT./ INT.  GOLDSTONE RUINS   NIGHT

The scene cuts to a wide shot of the ghost town. All is quiet save for the sound of crickets and howling wolves. The only light is a tiny glimmer from the single lantern coming from the occupied building. The scene cuts back to Jack and LW lying restless in their cots.

JACK
I had another dream a few days back, the day we met up with those three men in the storm. This time I saw the destruction of an Indian village by Jericho and his gang. Actually it was more of a nightmare than a dream. Strange, nearly every night I see my family die over and over again and this time…one terrible vision is replaced with another!

LW
Jericho spared no one not even the children in my village. My father lived long enough to tell me who it was that had done this thing. I loved my father very much, and Jericho took his life as well.

JACK
I never knew mine. He ran out on my mother shortly after I was born. I’ve never even seen his face. I don’t even know his real name. My mother died not long after that.

LW
What  happened to her?

(pauses)…..She was shot….We were getting on a stagecoach and a group of men rode by and shot a couple of the passengers before they got on. I never found out why. My mother was one of them….What people say about me is true you know, wherever I go death follows me…like a shadow.

LW
It was MY village in your dream! You saw MY people killed! We are brothers now after all. We share the same thoughts, the same dreams, the same fate. We also share the same debt of blood!

JACK
Which must be paid.

Close up on Jack’s face as he puts out the flame flickering in the lantern. The lantern flame going out segues to the sun coming up amidst a red sky like the one from the beginning.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 07:38:36 PM »

EXT.   DUSTY PLAINS  MORNING

An ascending crane shot as Jack and LW pass under on their steeds headed for the train to hopefully intercept it before Jericho reaches it.

EXT./ INT.  JERICHO’S HIDEOUT   MORNING

The scene cuts to Jericho’s camp. Various shots showing him and his people asleep. Jericho swats at some flies buzzing around his face. Others snore away, exasperated from a wild night with their wives or whores’. Then a shot outside his tent as the camera pans over to a cliff then ascending to the top to reveal around twelve Union soldiers who have tracked Jericho to this spot. Sergeant Ripley leads the handful of men. He motions for them to spread out noting the caves behind them. Apparently they’ve watched Jericho’s camp throughout the night and await the right time to take him out.

Cut to inside Jericho’s tent. He wakes and looks around for a drink of whiskey. He finds a bottle but it is empty. He doesn’t feel like getting up and going outside to retrieve another bottle. He nudges the naked woman beside him.

JERICHO
Hey…hey wake up…wake up do you hear! Get up you slut! Fetch me a bottle I said!

The woman just falls over still drunk from the wild night.

JERICHO
Nevermind! I will get it myself! You can share someone else’s bed tonight…bitch!

Cut to outside. Various shots of Ripley and his men in position. They plan to take on Jericho alone. Close up behind one of the soldiers. Jericho emerges from his tent. The soldier ducks down quickly. He pulls his gun as Jericho goes to find a full whiskey flask. Close up on Jericho’s face. His eyes move right as if he senses something is amiss. Cut back to the soldier. Sweat begins to roll down his brow. He positions his pistol. The camera is behind him again with Jericho in the right foreground. The soldier cocks back the gun bolt. Suddenly, Jericho spins around and nails the soldier between the eyes.

SGT. RIPLEY
Shit! He knows we’re here! Take’em out, now!

The soldiers fire at Jericho who rolls out of the way firing back as he stands and leaps behind a rock. Some of his men awaken to the sounds of gunfire. They come out shooting. Some of the bandits, caught unawares, are killed in the crossfire. Then a couple of Ripley’s men are shot. The few men flanking the caves are killed as there are too many bandits inside. Jericho shoots one of them in the chest. The man appears startled. Then, several bandits open fire on him causing a dozen or more holes to be ripped into him. Blood spews from the holes in his back as the soldier is thrust into the air down to the ground below. Bullets ricochet all around Ripley and his few remaining men.

SGT. RIPLEY
THEY’RE ALL AROUND US!

Another man is picked off when Ripley decides to surrender. Another stands to throw down his gun and is shot before he can get the words out.

SGT. RIPLEY
WE SURRENDER!! WE SURRENDER!! STOP FIRING!! WE GIVE UP!!

JERICHO
HOLD IT! CEASE I SAY!! The Americans are giving up! YOU THREE COME DOWN! MY MEN WILL NOT KILL YOU!

LUIS
What are you going to do with them?

JERICHO
Let’s have a little fun with them, uh?

LUIS
But the train?!

JERICHO
We have plenty of time for the train!

As the three remaining Union soldiers nervously come down, Jericho gives orders to Luis. A couple of his men bring two poles over and plant them into the ground. The two soldiers are tied to the stakes.

JERICHO
No not you…Sergeant. I have other plans for you!

SGT. RIPLEY
What are you going to do with us?

JERICHO
You will see. Be patient! Now, I want to know how many more of you are out here searching for me. Also tell me where I may find this stranger who likes to play with knives. He has an Indian who is always at his side.

No one says anything.

JERICHO
Well? Anyone?

Jericho walks over to one of the tied captives.

JERICHO
Where are the reinforcements? The stranger and his friend? Uh? Talk! Freedom to the first one who speaks! (turns to face Ripley) None of you wants to tell me what I want to know. You are all very brave. In a bit you will be begging me to kill you! Luis, bring it out.

Luis brings out a dirty sack. Another bandit brings a large basket. Jericho smiles and walks over to Luis and points at the basket.

JERICHO
Care to guess what is inside?

Medium shot on the two captives as they look at each other perplexed. Jericho motions for Luis to open the basket. Several rattlesnakes are within the basket. They are poured into the sack. Jericho motions for Luis to carry on. Luis begins to place the sack with the snakes inside on top of the man’s head.

SOLDIER #1
Wait! What are doing?! Why not just shoot me?! You don’t have to do this?!

SGT. RIPLEY
In the name of God almighty I demand you release us at once!

Jericho gives the order and the sack is placed over the terrified soldiers head. He screams and kicks as the rattlers bite him over and over again. The loud sound of their rattles is heard beneath the screams of agony and horrible pain as the man slowly succumbs to the venom. The snakes continue to bite as the man kicks less and less. Over the course of a few minutes the man is finally dead. Jericho motions for another of his men to bring out another torturous means of violent death. This time it is a jar of scorpions.

SGT. RIPLEY
Damn you Jericho! You’ll burn in Hell for this you son of a bitch!!

JERICHO
No, no, no, no you are mistaken…I own Hell…the Devil is only renting!

Jericho gives the order and the bandit opens the mans pants while another pours the scorpions from the jar into his pants which are then tightened. The man kicks and screams wildly as the scorpions bite and pierce his sensitive regions injecting venom into his body. Jericho and his men all laugh as this man also dies a slow, painful death. Quick cuts back and forth from Jericho to his men to Sgt. Ripley.

SGT. RIPLEY
You all laugh now but God will have final judgment over you and your crimes!

JERICHO
Is that so? You believe that too don’t you?! Raise your hands American. I said raise your hands!!

Sgt. Ripley raises his hands into the air begrudgingly. Jericho pulls his pistol and fires two holes into Ripley’s hands.

JERICHO
All this talk of God…so I make you more like Him! (all laugh) ……Now you tell me? I will set you free if you loosen your tongue.

Sgt. Ripley still says nothing. Jericho forces his fingers into the bullet wounds in Ripley’s hands. He screams out in extreme agony.

JERICHO
Now, American?

SGT. RIPLEY
Purgatory…we were in Purgatory! We only stopped there for the night. Ben McGee and his band of bounty killers are there…they…they’re after you too! The other two you mentioned…they were there as well…it was he…the knife thrower…that killed your men…we’re not the only group…others are coming…looking for you right now…! And it’s only a matter of time before they find you!

JERICHO
And speaking of which, how exactly did you find me?

SGT. RIPLEY
One of my group went missing…we tracked him here. Anything else you need to know?

JERICHO
(Snickers) I wish all Americanos were as reasonable as you. Now I will set you free!

Ripley smiles briefly until Jericho pulls his gun and shoots him in the head.

JERICHO
Well Luis, it is confirmed now. The people of Purgatory must pay for defying me. You will come with me.

LUIS
You will not take the train now?

JERICHO
Of course you idiot! I will send a couple hundred men to capture the train, meanwhile, you will accompany me along with the rest here to destroy Purgatory. I must kill Ben McGee, that coward sheriff and the townspeople that are protected by them. And these two meddlers, the stranger and his Indian friend…they too must die!

Jericho and a group of his gang  head for Purgatory Falls while another group heads for the train.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 07:39:21 PM »

EXT.  PURGATORY FALLS   AFTERNOON

The scene cuts to the town. It’s a day like any other, the streets are filled with people, the deputy on the porch enjoying the fresh air, the sheriff in his office awaiting a response from the military. Ben McGee and his men are still asleep, exhausted from the previous nights drinking. They’ve become careless. Since there arrival in Purgatory Falls there’s been no sign of Jericho Wild…for the moment.

EXT.   GRASSY FLAT LANDS/ TRAIN   AFTERNOON

The scene cuts to a wide shot of the train passing in the background. The train is an armored military transport carrying weapons and ammunition. Several cars also reserved for government officials, military family and or wealthy civilians who may be transporting antiques or irreplaceable valuables from state to state. Jack and LW come into the right of the frame. They stop momentarily.

JACK
There it is red! Let’s go!

As the two approach the train Jericho’s men approach from the opposite. A crane shot above the locomotive reveals the two factions approaching from both sides. LW sees them between the rail cars as they pass by.

LW
JACK!! THE OTHER SIDE!! JERICHO’S MEN ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE!!

JACK
I SEE’EM!!

Suddenly, metal doors on the armored train open and armed soldiers immediately open fire on both sides.

JACK
WAIT!! WE’RE NOT…LONE WOLF, TO THE REAR OF THE TRAIN!!!

The soldiers fire on the hundreds of Jericho’s men attacking from the other side. Jack and Lone Wolf fall back to the rear of the train to attack Jericho’s band in hopes that the soldiers will focus their attention on the marauding bandits. The soldiers are outnumbered and many of them are picked off quickly. Jack and LW attack from behind taking out some of them. Suddenly, an explosion erupts in the middle of the bunch. A hidden turret atop the train hides a cannon. Several more shots are fired lowering the numbers considerably. Now some of the bandits cling to ladders on the train in an attempt to get inside. One of them climbs to the top. LW lets go of his horse’s reigns to fire an arrow that finds its target. The villain falls from the train. One of the bandits in front turns and fires back at Jack and LW. Jack throws one of his boomerang knives…

BANDIT
YOU MISSED ME GRINGO!! HA! HA!
The bandit turns his head back to the front only to have it severed as the blade returns and easily cuts the man’s head from his body. His headless corpse rides about ten yards before falling from the horse.

JACK
WE NEED TO GET INSIDE THE TRAIN!!! THERE’RE PEOPLE ON BOARD TOO!! IF THOSE GUYS GET INSIDE THEY’LL KILL EVERYBODY!!!

EXT.  PURGATORY FALLS   AFTERNOON

The scene cuts back to Purgatory Falls. A wide shot reveals a lone figure approaching in the distance. An old man sees the stranger casually riding towards the entrance to the town. He decides to go and greet him.

OLD MAN
Hi there stranger, you lost? You look lost. You hungry? You thirsty? Maybe you’re tired from your journey? Our hotel’s got some comfortable beds… depends all on who’s layin’ next to you  I imagine! Ha! Ha! Don’t worry, there’s clean sheets too….

Jericho looks around checking out streets looking for possible gunslingers. The old man’s questions begin to annoy  him.

OLD MAN
….Our town here is movin’ up in the world, yes sir! Gettin’ modern like some’o’them big cities out east! I tell you…

JERICHO
Old man, you talk too much. I’m looking for some friends. Maybe you know them. One is Ben McGee.

OLD MAN
Yeah, he’s here, in the hotel. He’s with five others. They’re waitin’ on that mean bastard Jericho Wild to show up. You look like a tough guy, maybe you can help’em kill that son of a bitch!

Jericho looks down at the old man and grins.

OLD MAN
Uh, who’s the other one you’re lookin’ for?

JERICHO
The one who throws knives. I believe he has an Indian traveling with him. Do you know of him?

OLD MAN
Sounds like you’re lookin’ for Jack Deth. Like a lot of people I’ve heard of him but never seen him…like a lot of people! Why you lookin’ for him…?…I don’t think these guys are friends o’yers! Who are you mister?

JERICHO
Like I said old man, you talk too much!

Jericho pulls out his pistol and fires a bullet into the old man’s head. The townspeople take notice as stunned silence overtakes the street. Many figures appear on horseback from the left and right side of the town’s entrance. Jericho, in front gives orders to Luis…

JERICHO
KILL THEM ALL!!!!!

His men open fire killing the innocent citizens trying frantically to get away. The deputy runs in to get the sheriff. The sounds of hysteria awaken Ben and his group. They look from the hotel windows as the townspeople are picked off like flies.

INT./ EXT. TRAIN/ TRAIN CAR   AFTERNOON

The scene cuts back to the train assault. Some of the bandits have gotten inside the cars. One of them pulls the soldier down from the turret and slits his throat. Two bandits enter a passenger car and begin killing them one by one…

PASSENGER (male)
What in the hell do you think you’re doing you filthy…

The man is shot as well as everyone else in the car, one by one.  Outside Jack and LW get close to the car…

LUCIAN
Roho, look out there! Who is that? Haven’t we seen this gringo before?

ROHO
He does look familiar, but all Americans look alike to me!

Jack pulls two blades and throws them through the glass windows of the car and both fatally wound their targets. (Shot from inside the train behind the two bandits show Jack throw the knives through the windows and enter their heads as blood splatters on the camera lens; One cut) Jack and LW manage to reach a ladder and climb aboard. Three of Jericho’s gang seeing Jack and LW on the roof of one of the cars, go inside the car quietly in an effort to kill them by surprise. The three look at each other and when they’re ready pull there guns and aim for the roof. Cut to the top of the train. Jack and LW sense something is amiss. Cut back inside the car, the three quickly cock back their guns and fire blindly into the roof. Cut back to the roof as Jack and LW twist and turn their bodies to avoid the bullets. They then look at each other as if they’ve read the others thoughts then immediately grab opposite sides of the rail car and spin flip down through the windows (brief slow motion) with both  nailing a target sending them flying backwards, the impact hurtling the bandits through the windows behind them. Jack quickly kills the third man with his gun.

EXT. INT.   TOWN STREET/ SHERIFF’S OFFICE  AFTERNOON

The scene cuts back to Purgatory Falls and the massacre continues. Jed’s deputy rushes into the sheriff’s office escaping a flurry of bullets.

DEPUTY
JED! WHERE ARE YOU!? WHY HAVEN’T YOU COME OUT!? PEOPLE ARE GETTIN’ KILLED OUT THERE!

The deputy sees Jed cowering inside a jail cell.

DEPUTY
Jed? What’re you doin’ in there? The people out…

Suddenly a hail of bullets rip through the office widows killing the deputy. His body falls into the bars of the cell the sheriff has hidden in. He slides down the bars as he utters his last breath.

DEPUTY
W…W…Why…Why Jed?  Yyy…you coward…!

The sheriff breathing heavily closes his eyes. He listens helplessly to the cries and screams of the people outside dying amidst a whirlwind of lead carnage. A close up on Jed’s closed eyes as tears roll down his face. His eyes open. Jed gets his composure and lifts himself up, unlocks the cell. He picks up his deputy and lays him on the cot crossing his hands. He then grabs his gun belt, loads his guns and decides to go out and prove he’s not a coward. He goes to the door and pauses momentarily. He then quickly opens the door and rushes outside. As he crosses the porch a bandit comes out of nowhere, grabbing Jed and throwing him to the ground. Startled, Jed quickly fires three slugs into the man. Jed gets up and takes off to hopefully save some of the citizens.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 07:40:02 PM »

INT.   TRAIN CAR   AFTERNOON

The scene cuts back to the train. Jack and LW are pinned down inside a car as Jericho’s men rain bullets down on them.

JACK
WE GOTTA’ GET OUTA’ THIS!! THERE’S STILL MORE PEOPLE ONBOARD!!

LW
HOPEFULLY STILL ALIVE!!

Out of frustration Jack lights a stick of dynamite…

JACK
SHIT!! HERE GOES NOTHING!!

…He tosses it at the car entrance to clear a path.

BANDIT
DIOS MIO!!! THE FOOL IS USING DYNAMITE!!! VAMOS!!! VA…

The small explosion kills the bandits that covered the car entrance but severely damaged the train car. Jack and LW turn to the opposite end of the car and shoot down the other bandits who’ve been blinded from the explosion.

JACK
Head to the front of the train, I’ll go to the back. Shut it down!

LW
You must hurry Jack! The dynamite has damaged the hooks on the cars!

JACK
Don’t worry about me, just get to the front and stop the train!

INT./ EXT.   HOTEL   AFTERNOON

The scene cuts back to the town. Ben and his men are trapped in the hotel.

BEN
LOCO, SNIPE THE ENTRANCE! DON’T LET ANY OF THOSE GREASY BASTARDS GET IN! JOHNNY, THERE’S A COUPLE OF STICKS OF DYNAMITE IN MY SATCHEL, WHEN YOU SEE’EM BUNCHED TOGETHER, TOSS IT!

HUNNICUTT
Just don’t expect us to hang around if things get too crazy in here!

BEN
I don’t expect anything Fred, just that Jericho dies! Regardless of the bounty he has to die!!

JERICHO
That gringo McGee and his band of fools are in there! Luis, surround the hotel, burn them out but don’t kill them. Not yet!

The firing stops for a moment on the hotel. Ben lights a cigar.

LOCO
Something’s happening out there! I think they’re surrounding us!

BEN
Shit! They’re gonna burn us out! We’ve gotta get outa’ here and help those poor people!

Suddenly, a bullet flies in that takes out Ben’s cigar.

BEN
Damn what a waste!

HUNNICUTT
Any more bright ideas?

Bullets fly in narrowly missing Hunnicutt’s head.

BEN
Yeah, keep your head down!

The six gunmen try to pick off the bandits around the hotel but there’s too many of them. The walls are rapidly becoming riddled with bullet holes as portions of the hotel catch fire. Cut to Jericho and a couple of others as they gallop through the streets shooting anyone they come across. A handful of local gunfighters try in vain to trade lead with the marauders. Bodies fall from roofs, ejected through windows and dragged through town tied to horses. Jed sees Jericho amidst the carnage and prepares to take his shot.

JERICHO
KILL THEM ALL COMPANEROS!!! BURN THE TOWN!! ALL OF IT!! I WANT NOTHING STANDING!! THE WOMEN…YOU CAN SPARE THE PRETTY ONES, I HAVE USE FOR THEM!!

JED
(mumbles) I’ve got you now you son of a bitch!

Jed fires but one of Jericho’s men gets in the way taking the bullet in his place. Jericho looks down to see his fallen soldier then eyes the sheriff.

JERICHO
SO OLD MAN, YOU CAN SHOOT AFTER ALL!!

Jed readies to fire again only this time he’s out of bullets. Jericho mounts a horse and rides after the sheriff taunting him. He lets the sheriff run a ways then rides after him again this time kicking him in the back. Jericho dismounts and walks over to him. Low angle shot on Jericho as he looks down at Jed.

JERICHO
Well, well, well mister lawman you’ve sent many gunmen after my head! It must be disappointing to you that it was all for nothing! Soon you will die and I will march on this pitiful country, my boots caked with the blood of your American race! NOOWWW, where is the Indian and this knife thrower?

INT.  TRAIN CARS   AFTERNOON

The scene cuts back to the train. Jack makes his way to the rear sending the few survivors towards the front. He hears gunshots. He finds four soldiers guarding the ammo cars trapped by a handful of bandits. He casually walks over and quickly shoots all four with ease from behind.

JACK
Hold it! I’m on your side guys!

SOLDIER #1
Thanks friend, didn’t mean to shoot at you earlier, but we thought you were with them.

JACK
There’s no time to talk, we gotta get to the front of the train. One of the cars is unstable. Let’s go!

Meanwhile Lone Wolf has reached the conductor car to find that bandits have taken the controls.

BANDIT
Look!! It’s the Indian! I’ll kill him!

LW quickly fires an arrow that enters the bandits mouth, exits his neck and into the bandit driving the train. LW then looks over the controls to figure out how to stop it. Jack and the soldiers run through the cars when some bandits fire down from the roof killing two of them.

INT./ EXT. TRAIN CAR/ TOP OF TRAIN   AFTERNOON

BANDIT #1 (Ricardo)
Manuel, take a look and see if we got him!

Manuel lies down and peers into a window when a knife instantaneously flies through the glass and enters the man’s face. His lifeless body  slides off the train onto the ground below.

BANDIT#1
It’s that goddamn gringo!! The one with the blades! Gomez, Victor, be careful!

Jack climbs to the top from behind the three men and runs for them.

BANDIT#1
THERE HE IS! KILL THE BASTARD!!

They all shoot simultaneously as Jack does a double flip into the air (slow motion) and as he comes down flings two knives that find there targets in the foreheads of Gomez and Victor. They both fall from the train. Ricardo, his gun empty, stands with a worried look on his face. Jack rises to his feet. He notices something about Ricardo’s face. A mole on his chin triggers a flashback in Jack’s mind (close up on his face). A close up of a dozen or more gun barrels firing then another close up of one of the killers is revealed to be Ricardo. The flashback is over.

JACK
You were there too! No more bullets or blades, only fists!

RICARDO
You know me gringo? I don’t know you!

JACK
You know me, your leader knows me, and about a dozen others. We’ll all be re-acquainted real soon!

The two men momentarily exchange glances before locking up. Using the martial arts skills taught him by Liang Jung, Jack quickly gains the upper hand. A flurry of kicks and punches daze Ricardo who pulls his own knife and carelessly lunges at Jack with it. Jack breaks Ricardo’s hand who then swings wildly with his other fist. Grabbing him by the wrist, Jack then breaks the arm at the elbow. Ricardo screams in agony. Jack grabs him by his shirt and pulls him towards his face.

JACK
Take a closer look! You remember me now?

The villain, forgetting the pain in both arms, recognizes Jack.

RICARDO
YOU!! You’re supposed to be dead!! Who…who are you?!

JACK
My name used to be Jack Donovan. Now…they call me Deth! And the pleasure’s all mine!

Jack drops the man between two railcars. Ricardo’s body is broken and crushed beneath the speeding train.

EXT./ INT. TOWN   AFTERNOON

Cut back to Purgatory Falls. Jericho’s men continue to massacre the townspeople. Several of the bandits hear crying coming from one of the buildings. They enter and are greeted by a blast from a double barreled shotgun that sends one of the them hurtling backwards. The other two fire into the building killing the gunman. He was protecting his wife and daughter. One of the villains gets ready to shoot…

BANDIT#1
Wait! Jericho wants to spare the women! This one is very beautiful. We don’t need the little one!

The other bandit fires killing the little girl. Her mother screams and kicks wildly. She bites the man holding onto her. In a rage the villain shoots her several times in the back.

BANDIT#1
I told you Jericho wanted her alive you fool!

BANDIT#2
Look! This wild bitch bit me!

BANDIT#1
Search her to see if there is any money! We can get some use out of her!

The scene cuts to Jericho approaching the burning hotel with the sheriff in tow. His men, having killed nearly everyone, begin setting fire to the town.

JERICHO
BEN McGEE!! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!! YOU AND YOUR COMPADRES WON’T LAST LONG IN THERE!! COME OUT! I WON’T KILL YOU…AT LEAST NOT YET!! I HAVE THE COWARD SHERIFF HERE!! HE WILL DIE TOO IF YOU DO NOT SURRENDER!! YOU HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE!!

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 07:40:48 PM »

INT./ EXT. BURNING HOTEL   AFTERNOON

BEN
Well, either we get burned alive or shot to death!

HUNNICUTT
I say we go out. We’ll be asphyxiated if we stay in here any longer!

BEN
OKAY WE’RE COMING OUT!!

JERICHO
HA! HA! HA! GOOD! THROW DOWN YOUR GUNS WHEN YOU COME OUT!

LUIS
Why not just kill them Jericho! It is not wise to let them live!

JERICHO
In time Luis, I want to see these men…to see their faces before I execute them, to let them know that they had failed to bring my head to their presidente!

As Ben and his five cohorts emerge from the burning hotel they see innocent people fleeing flame engulfed buildings only to be gunned down by Jericho’s men. The six men viewing the mass slaughter around them brings about feelings of helplessness and sorrow as they were in town to protect these people and at that they have failed.

JERICHO
Tie them up, along with the sheriff! AAHHH! Ben McGee, you have found me! Actually It is I who has found you, yes? Where is your friend the knife thrower and the Indian? I am very anxious to meet these two. You tell me and I will let you all live a bit longer!

BEN
He’s no friend of ours and we don’t know where he is! He killed your boys that day in the saloon. We were after’em but he got’em before we could although we did get the bounties for taking out the garbage if you get my meaning.

Jericho strikes Ben in the gut angered by his comments. Jericho mounts his horse.

JERICHO
COMPANEROS, WE GO! I have a feeling the knifeman will seek us out. We will be ready to welcome him. Miguel, you wait for him here and bring him to me! I will be back shortly. I have another meeting to keep. Ramon, Jacinto and Chavez come with me! VAMOS!!!

INT.   TRAIN CAR   MID DAY

Cut back to the train. Jack wanders the cars amidst dead bodies looking for signs of life. He hears the sound of a child crying. He turns around and looks for the source. He kneels down below the seats and sees a small boy in a fetal position, blood on his face. He reaches for him.

JACK
Here, take my hand. Come on son, I won’t hurt you.

The boy reaches out then retracts his hand.

JACK
C’mon kid, we don’t have much time. I promise I’m not gonna hurt you. We need to find your Ma.

The kid pauses then finally takes Jack’s hand. He pulls him out and carries him.

JACK
There you go, let me wipe this off your face.

The boy appears to be in shock.

LITTLE BOY
My Ma’s gone…Pa…those men did it!

The boy erupts in tears. Jack holds him.

JACK
It’s alright kid, we’ll go now. Everything’s going to be alright.

Suddenly, Jack hears some noise a couple of cars ahead. He runs to the source of the noise. He sees a bandit attempting to rape a woman.

LITTLE BOY
MA!!

WOMAN
JOEY!!

The bandit manhandles the woman. He uses her as a shield.

BANDIT
Throw down your weapons! The child…send him to me…now!!!

Jack puts down the boy and slowly takes his gun from its holster. Close up behind Jack’s holster with the bandit in the right background. The bandit cocks his gun bolt back.

BANDIT
Carefully…American bastard! I saw what you did to the others!

Jack places his gun on the floor then stands. The bandit grins then laughs…

BANDIT
You think I am a fool? The knives! Throw down the knives too, damn it!

Jack takes off his vest that conceals his blades. He throws them down. The bandit raises his gun and aims at Jack’s head. Quick cuts between the gun to Jack to the gun barrel then to Jack’s eyes then to the bandits finger on the trigger about to pull then back to Jack’s widening eyes. Jack, anticipating when the gun will fire, back flips just before the bullet is fired then throws a knife hidden on his person. The blade finds its target although you don’t see it. Medium shot on the woman and her son still gripped by the bandit. Blood begins to pour down his shirt. His grip loosens. The woman and the boy look up and scream. The blade has planted itself in the bandits forehead. He stumbles a few steps then falls over dead.

JACK
You two get to the front of the train. Some soldiers are waiting there.

EXT.   VALLEY NEAR JERICHO’S HIDEOUT  MID DAY

The scene cuts to a wind swept valley. Four men wearing Union clothing wait in the valley. Through the dust and wind Jericho and his chaperones approach casually. Close up on the leader of the three Americans. Their faces are covered so as not to reveal their identities. Close up on Jericho as he motions his group to stop.

JERICHO
So, American…you showed up after all!

MASKED STRANGER
Of course! We’ve been waiting on you for about an hour now. We are partners…we are still partners aren’t we?

JERICHO
Certainly! You give me weapons and ammunition, and I give you dead animals!

MASKED STRANGER
One village won’t do Jericho! I want them all dead!

JERICHO
Hhhmmmm…you promised me guns but you have not delivered any as yet. So far I have kept my end of the deal. You on the other hand…have not!

MASKED STRANGER
The deal was guns in exchange for the deaths of the Indians, not American citizens. Judging by what’s happened over the past few months, you’ve got ulterior motives…plans other than what we agreed upon. Personally, I don’t care what sick ideas you’ve got dancing around in your head, but killing Americans wasn’t part of the bargain. Your guns will be delivered when I’m satisfied you’re holding up your end. And I suggest you do just that!

JERICHO
Do not threaten me betrayer! Only a fool trusts a traitor of his own race! It doesn’t matter to me if you do not want to carry on with this partnership. My men are already raiding a military train loaded with guns as we speak! I’ll get them with you…or without you!

MASKED STRANGER
No they’re not! A wire came over a short while ago that the train is under attack…by your men…an American and an Indian accomplice. The American I assume is the one called Jack Deth, the mysterious knife thrower I’ve heard about over the past several years.

Jericho turns and clinches his fists in anger.

JERICHO
DAMN IT! This gringo bastard again?! Ha! Ha! Ha! (turns back to the masked Americans)  He must have went to the train thinking I was going to be there. If only I had went along I could have finally got a hold of him! It doesn’t matter, I will have him in my grasp soon! Once he sees what I have done to Purgatory Falls, he will be led straight to me!

MASKED STRANGER
And so will the Army…I received word a couple of days ago. Troops are out looking for you right now! It’s only a small regiment. You should have no problem handling them. They will find you though. They’ll probably pass through this valley any time now.

JERICHO
Really…? (Looks around above the valley) Jacinto, go back and take some men. Line this ridge at both ends with dynamite. We will make this valley their grave! I have already met a group of your soldiers…this morning in fact. If all your military men are like sheep, then I shall have no problem taking over.

MASKED STRANGER
No more screw ups Jericho! I can’t afford to be found out! I’m risking a lot being here now! You will get your guns, I promise you that! As long as you keep your end of the bargain, I don’t care what the hell you do with the guns! Come on boys, let’s get outa here before we’re spotted.

Close up on Jericho as he watches the masked men leave through the dust and wind. A sinister grin appears on his face.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 07:42:45 PM »

INT./ EXT.   TRAIN CARS  MID DAY

The scene cuts back to the train. Jack continues searching to make sure no one is left hiding in the civilian cars. Hearing the damaged car about to break away, Jack climbs back onto the roof and runs as fast as he can. Suddenly the car breaks. Jack leaps with all his strength barely grasping the edge of the next car. He begins to lose his grip when the two soldiers latch onto his waist and pull him to safety. The train then stops, LW finally figures it out. Jack and the two soldiers go to the front.

JACK
You couldn’t have done that sooner?

LW
I only know horses not trains!

SOLDIER#1
What about the ammunition? That shipment is expected at Fort Holman the day after tomorrow.

JACK
It won’t reach its destination.

SOLDIER#2
What do you mean by that?

JACK
I’m going to blow it up. We can’t afford Jericho getting his hands on it. Fort Holman must be warned as well. Jericho’ll probably go there too. Who knows, the traitor Don Pedro spoke of may be in Fort Holman.(whispers to himself) Why wasn’t Jericho here?

LONE WOLF
I didn’t see him among the dead. He is too good with the gun.

SOLDIER#1
Traitor? 

JACK
Purgatory! He must have went to Purgatory Falls! Red, let’s blow the ammo car and get over there right away! Can you two get these people to safety? I’ll explain to your General meantime you’ve got to inform Fort Holman and wire the army! Do what’s necessary to get some troops out here!

SOLDIER#1
What traitor?!

JACK
No time to explain!

Cut to Jack and LW planting the dynamite. Long shot as Jack and LW ride towards the camera with the car blowing up behind them.

JACK
Red, I’ve a feeling Jericho has set a trap for us. You go back and stay low. Jericho mustn’t know you’re still alive. If something happens to me, you know what to do.

LW
Don’t worry my brother, I won’t be far behind you.

A shot from behind the burning cars as Jack gallops away and LW soon to follow. Jack rides on to Purgatory Falls.

EXT.  PURGATORY FALLS   MID DAY

When Jack arrives the town has been destroyed, bodies litter the streets, buildings have been burned. The only living things present are vultures who’ve shown up for a meal. LW remains hidden for the moment keeping Jack in close sight.

EXT.   JERICHO’S HIDEOUT   MID DAY

The scene cuts to Jericho’s encampment. A series of cuts and pans reveals the hundreds  of Mexican bandits that have joined Jericho’s evil cause. With all the new additions his current base is too small as there aren’t enough tents nor enough caves dug out in the mountainside to accommodate all the people. They are split into groups and sent away until they’re needed. Jed Claxton, Ben McGee and his group are all tied between two stakes a piece. They are to be tortured, humiliated and killed although not necessarily in that order. Jericho has also brought with him 30-35 women captured from Purgatory Falls. His plans for them are even worse. Raquel McBain is among the female captives. The women are all hysterical with fear and uncertainty. Jericho emerges from one of his tents.

LUIS
Quiet you bitches! Jericho is coming!

Jericho eyes the women collected and walks back and forth as if he’s performing a mock inspection. The women hold their heads down.

JERICHO
All you women will perform a great service for my compadres! All of them! Ha! Ha! Ha! Companeros, you may take your pick! But don’t hurt them too much! There are others waiting in line!

As a group of Jericho’s men descend on the terrified women they try to run away but it only fuels the bandits’ lust further. Jericho spots one for himself. Raquel is his choice. He grabs her violently and gives her a maddening stare. She spits in his face.

JERICHO
You dirty bitch! Now I will have revenge for what those gringo bastards did to my mother! Only there won’t be five men raping you, just me fired by all the hatred I have for the americanos!

Raquel, fighting back tears tries to remain stern and not show fear as Jericho would derive even more vicious glee from her helplessness.

RAQUEL
You rape me, you go ahead!! All my life men have walked all over me and they had bigger boots than you’ve got! So you have your fun, if that makes you feel like more of a man!

Jericho slaps Raquel across the face, and prepares to slap her again but holds back. The sight of the bandits wrestling with the other women can be seen in the background.

JERICHO
Good! A woman with fire! Tonight…tonight you will know what kind of a man I am!

EXT./ INT. TOWN/ SHERIFF’S OFFICE  MID DAY

The scene cuts back to the ruins of Purgatory Falls. Jack inspects further through what was once a thriving town. He goes into what’s left of the sheriff’s office. He looks around and sees the charred remains of the deputy, his body lying on the cot near the jail cell. Jack then spies the telegraph, damaged but with a message-”regiment sent…await reply”. Jack exit’s the office and walks down the street in disbelief at the cavalcade of carnage and stinking flesh before his eyes. He sees a mother and her two children covered in blood apparently trampled underfoot by horses. Jack kneels down beside them. A close up on Jack’s face. The grisly sight brings back an equally gruesome memory. Close ups of gun barrels are shown as bullets are fired and the screams of children crying “Daddy” are heard. The flashback is over. Jack tries to hold back the tears but cannot. He lowers his head and clinches his fists in anger. A blurred shot of a figure behind Jack appears…

MIGUEL
Hey you, gringo. Are you the one who uses the flying knives?

Jack is silent. He continues to look at the dead innocents in front of him.

MIGUEL
Someone wishes to talk with you. I am to take you there. He has hostages that will be executed if you do not accompany me. What do you say gringo? It is not wise to keep Jericho waiting.

Close up on Jack with Miguel still behind him. Jack’s eyes look front. A piercing, vengeful look. He thinks of killing this bandit, slowly reaching for his pistol but then recants. He will finally confront his quarry but  unfortunately not on terms that he would have hoped. He rises and turns to face Miguel.

JACK
Jericho did all this?

MIGUEL
Of course! And it won’t stop here! Where is the Indian?

JACK
He’s dead. He was killed at the train.

MIGUEL
Oh, and what happened to the train, the cargo?

JACK
I don’t recall, I was so busy blowing it up my memory is a bit cloudy.

MIGUEL
Alright gringo, let’s go and don’t try anything! Everyone will die if I don’t bring you back!

JACK
Everyone will die anyways.

MIGUEL
Enough talk, Move!

Jack mounts his horse and the two ride away. LW looks on from the rocks.

EXT.   JERICHO’S HIDEOUT  MID DAY

Cut back to Jericho’s camp. One of his men, Chavez, rides into frame of a low angle shot at Jericho’s feet.

CHAVEZ
Jericho, a group of about thirty men are approaching the valley. They wear the Union dress.

JERICHO
Spoiling my fun yet again! Let’s get over there! Luis, round up fifty brothers. (Looks over at the terrified women) When you hear a lot of noise in a bit, just ignore it! I will be back! So don’t get too excited! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »

EXT.  VALLEY NEAR HIDEOUT   MID DAY

Cut to the regiment galloping towards the valley. The blazing hot sun beats down on the soldiers. The wind provides some relief but not much. All the soldiers’ clothes are soiled with sweat and dust. The leader, Colonel Jackson, looks around for anything suspicious.

COL. JACKSON
Sergeant Brenner, according to Captain Garrett, Jericho’s camp is around this valley somewhere. Break the men up into groups of five and line them along both sides of the rocks. At least from there, if they attack us, the sun won’t be in our eyes.

Jericho waits above, unseen by the Americans. He motions for his men to take positions at the explosive points. He intends to block off the regiments escape on both ends.  Colonel Jackson has no idea Jericho has set a trap for them. Col. Jackson prepare to enter the valley when he orders his men to halt. Close up on his face as he inspects ahead. He looks up and all around and back down the length of the valley again. The only sound heard is the rustling of the wind. Cut back to Jericho, hidden, as he looks down at the regiment, hesitant to enter.

JERICHO
(whispers to himself) Come into my web…said the spider to the fly…

Cut back to the Colonel…

COL. JACKSON
Sergeant, disperse the men, now.

SGT. BRENNER
Yes sir.

The soldiers get into groups of five and line along the side of the rocks wary of a possible sneak attack.

JERICHO
Ha! Ha! If only they knew, right Luis!

LUIS
Now, Jericho?

JERICHO
Not quite yet. I will give the signal. Get ready. Go to the other end and await my order. Go!

The regiment move through the valley carefully as if they sense an impending attack. Close ups of the various soldiers looking around and observing, watching for signs of the enemy. Cut to Jericho. One of his men accidentally knocks a few small rocks loose that fall into the valley. His men get back out of sight. The soldiers react quickly, pulling their guns.

COL. JACKSON
Hold your fire!

The regiment remain stationary for a moment studying the top of the ridge on both sides. The combination of sweat and dust causes their eyes to burn a bit. The wind picks up even more now.

COL. JACKSON
Carry on! Move out!

The group continue on. Jericho peers down then raises his arm. He turns to see Luis to make sure he is ready. Jericho drops his arm and the explosives are set off. Below, the regiment are startled, some being thrown from their horses. Tons of rock and dirt fall into the valley. The regiment, in hysteria, try to get out where they entered but explosions go off as they approach sending much rubble falling down on top of them. Some are buried in the falling rocks.

COL. JACKSON
EVERYONE INTO THE CENTER OF THE VALLEY!!! NOW!!!

Huge boulders continue to fall crushing both man and animal alike. Colonel Jackson rounds up his men into the center, not a good idea but the only option at the moment. They  stand ready for a fight. Jericho, hidden from sight, yells down to the group.

JERICHO
AMERICAN…CAN YOU HEAR  ME?!

COL. JACKSON
YEAH, I HEAR YA’! JERICHO I PRESUME?!

JERICHO
(pauses) WHY DO YOU SEEK HIM?!

COL. JACKSON
WE’RE ORDERED TO BRING HIM BACK ALIVE…!

SGT. BRENNER
…But preferably dead!

Jericho looks up into the sky and notices the bright, blinding light emanating from the sun. He realizes the men below won’t be able to see very well. He motions for his men to align the ridge and aim their guns at the men below. Jericho stands where the men below can see him although barely.

JERICHO
WELL GRINGO, YOU HAVE PRESUMED CORRECTLY. BUT I AM SORRY THAT I CANNOT GO BACK WITH YOU! 

SGT. BRENNER
What’ll we do Colonel? There’s no way out!

COL. JACKSON
There’s nothing we can do!

Cut to a medium shot on Jericho’s left as a vulture lands followed by another…then another…then another.

JERICHO
I’M VERY SORRY AMERICANOS, BUT I MUST LEAVE YOU NOW! THE VULTURES WILL KEEP YOU COMPANY!

Cut to the Colonel looking up trying to make out Jericho’s position but the sun is too bright to get a good look. Some of the vultures fly down to feast on the crushed men and horses. The soldiers shoot some of the birds. Colonel Jackson realizes what is in store for them.

COL. JACKSON
JERICHO…!…JERICHO WAIT!…IN THE NAME OF GOD, MAN!!

Close up on Jericho as he stops and in his own sadistic way decides to have “pity” on the soldiers trapped in the valley below.

JERICHO
Yes…in the name of God!

Jericho gives a signal again and his men fire down on the helpless soldiers who can barely see to fire back. The fire fight is over quickly and now the vultures have a buffet of corpses to pick from.

JERICHO
We go back now. I want to be there when the knife thrower arrives.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM