Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 07, 2019, 04:39:52 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Fistful of Dollard
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Fistful of Dollard  ( 3153 )
scaatyone
Road Apple

« : February 05, 2007, 06:13:39 PM »

I saw this movie several times at the theater in the mid-to-late 60's.  I remember some scenes that I have no longer seen on TV, cable or the DVD.  The scenes I remember are in the wine cellar after Clint is beaten up by the Rojos.  It showes Clint struggling to manuver the large wine barrel to the top of the ramp that he pushes down when two members of the gang enter.  Does anyone else remember these scenes and is there an edition of the movie that containe them?  thanks! -scaatyone- 

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #1 : February 05, 2007, 08:02:03 PM »

Those scenes are there; the barrel crushes Mario Brega.

scaatyone
Road Apple

« #2 : February 08, 2007, 05:35:32 PM »

I am aware of the scene where the barrel rolls down the ramp and crushes the 2 gang members, but the scenes just prior to the barrel rolling down, where Clint is struggling to manuever the barrel to the top of the ramp are what I remember in the theater but are cut out of the broadcast versions.  I'm attempting to find someone else that remembers these scenes and if there is a version that has them in it.  Thanks anyway.

Scarabaeus
Chicken Thief

« #3 : February 19, 2007, 08:04:28 AM »

I just checked the horrendous U.S. MGM version (how you can encode widescreen as non-anamorphic on a DVD is beyond me) and the much better, complete german paramount DVD. Both don't contain a scene as you describe it. Clint is left on his back after being beaten, then there's a soft blend to Mario Brega and the other guy opening the door the next morning, after which they are surprised by the barrel coming down the ramp.

I've never seen the original theatrical release, being born in '68. Anybody out there remebering a scene like that?

There is one scene where Clint is examining the barrels in the storage room earlier and finds the gold. When he first breaks in to the room, the big barrel is already at the top of the ramp.

Hippieoddball1
Bandido

Life is funnier than shit.

« #4 : February 19, 2007, 08:44:24 AM »

I'm only 24, so i haven't seen the original theatrical versions either. But the first version i ever watched was from the tv in the mid 1980's off ITV i think. And i must have watched this since i was about 5 or 6 years old, and that scene does ring a bell. I can visually picture clint struggling to move the big barrel and then rolling it down. I think initially clint is trying to smash open the door with the barrell, but then brega turns up with his mate.
It could be possible thats i've imagined all this, but it does ring a bell.
It would be funny if it never existed, but i think it might have done.

The reason you became a priest is because you were too much of a coward to do what i do.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #5 : February 21, 2007, 05:30:45 AM »

I almost remember something like this too, and also Indio baptizing his revolver with holy water, though they may just be stills I just can't conclusively say I saw them in the first releases.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #6 : February 21, 2007, 01:49:38 PM »

FOD was first screened by the BBC on TV in the UK...three times i think, and then ITV had the rights. I made some notes of the differences between the two versions which were mainly small cuts, with the ITV version having more violence but conversely having a couple of cuts. One scene not in the ITV version is where Clint stumbles/rolls down the slope. I will check the tapes i have of both versions to see if the scene with him pushing the barrel is in either.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines