Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 07:52:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Unforgiven (1960)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Unforgiven (1960)  (Read 6366 times)
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »

The Unforgiven starring Burt Lancaster and the lovely Audrey Hepburn. I have yet to see this western and am leaning towards buying it just for the talent in the movie alone. Who here has seen it, and if so, would you recommend it?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 09:44:51 PM by Tucumcari_Bound » Logged

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 08:51:56 AM »

don't know I'd rent first

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 09:38:05 AM »

Did you see it cigar?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 11:09:17 AM »

no, that why I suggested rent

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 11:44:10 AM »

no, that why I suggested rent

got ya.  Afro

New Brandon
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 02:21:57 PM »

I saw part of this one the History Channel (Canadian) a little while back. I started in the middle, but I found it entertaining.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 03:37:24 PM »

I saw part of this one the History Channel (Canadian) a little while back. I started in the middle, but I found it entertaining.

Yeah, I actually just picked it up pretty cheap on DVD so I'm gonna watch it soon.

Sonny
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 12:35:58 PM »

Yeah, I actually just picked it up pretty cheap on DVD so I'm gonna watch it soon.

I'm pretty sure the film "The Unforgiven" is not the same as Clint Eastwood's "Unforgiven" (which i bought for a friend a while ago and never got to see it), but i'm wondering which is a better film.  I know that Eastwood's Unforgiven was made not too long ago, probably some time in the late 80s or early 90s, but i haven't heard of "The Unforgiven"....Did you like it?

"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.."
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 04:05:43 PM »

I'm pretty sure the film "The Unforgiven" is not the same as Clint Eastwood's "Unforgiven" (which i bought for a friend a while ago and never got to see it), but i'm wondering which is a better film.  I know that Eastwood's Unforgiven was made not too long ago, probably some time in the late 80s or early 90s, but i haven't heard of "The Unforgiven"....Did you like it?

"The Unforgiven" was released in 1960 and starred Burt Lancaster and Audrey Hepburn. "Unforgiven" was made released in 1992 starring Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Gene Hackman, and Richard Harris. Both films have no relation, or in any way resemble eachother. They're two totally different films. The only simalarity is their film titles, nothing more. I finally seen "The Unforgiven" and it's a great film. It's more of a dramatized western, with a deep story about racism. The one movie that it shows similarities with is "The Searchers" if you wanted to make a comparison. If you can sit through a good story, that takes it's time, and develops it's characters, with not a lot of shootouts and gunfights, then "The Unforgiven" is for you.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 06:32:41 PM »

If you can sit through a good story, that takes it's time, and develops it's characters, with not a lot of shootouts and gunfights, then "The Unforgiven" is for you.

That pretty much describes "Unforgiven" as well.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 09:44:12 PM »

Lancaster and Hepburn fans need to see this. A well crafted western drama! Audrey is wonderful.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 03:44:42 PM »

Pleasant surprise, though I shouldn't be shocked considering the talent involved. My only gripe is the last half hour, the movie could have taken so many routes, but it chooses the stalest/safest climax. With that said, the scene involving the piano almost makes it worthwhile but not quite. The photography was top notch, much better than I expected.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 04:57:46 PM »

Everyone on IMDB seems to hate it. I thought it was pretty good. Undecided

Saturday nights with Groggy
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 09:14:57 AM »

Yeah, I visited its imdb board and a lot of people do hate it. I don't really understand why.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 01:39:44 PM »

The ending is the only part that I have a big problem with, it copped out with an easy battle scene.

Hepburn was miscast but I thought she did surprisingly well. Lancaster and Audie Murphy were also excellent.

Story-wise the movie is like a more direct exploration of The Searchers's thematic material, which is a good thing for me. Too bad they fumbled the ball in depicting the Indians themselves.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM