Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 01:26:44 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Jesus Camp
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Jesus Camp  ( 7338 )
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #15 : July 08, 2007, 09:13:25 PM »

I see the Bible as a fairy tale.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #16 : July 08, 2007, 09:17:42 PM »

The bible should be a book for people to learn how to respect others and live in peace, regardless of how unbelievable the stories may be.

Unfortunately, power-hungry people have manipulated it to meet their own personal agendas.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #17 : July 09, 2007, 03:37:55 AM »

Pretty much the same here. Fairy tales with some great maxims.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #18 : July 09, 2007, 04:10:02 AM »

I've never picked it up myself.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Nakadai
Bandido

We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god.

« #19 : July 09, 2007, 12:17:53 PM »

It's an interesting read, but laden with holes. At best it's a man made depiction of second hand "knowledge", even if it were rooted in fact, the true happenings of the events therein have long since been muddled and twisted until essentially lost. If there is some higher being above us, there is no book which explains it.

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

« #20 : July 09, 2007, 03:06:47 PM »

damn guys i know you don't really find religion to be a big deal but can you guys be less hostile towards it.

Nakadai
Bandido

We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god.

« #21 : July 10, 2007, 12:48:13 AM »

Not trying to come off as hostel whatsoever, just stating an opinion. Now the countless number of those who've been slaughtered in the name of religion, now that's hostel.

CISCO

« #22 : July 10, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »

i can remember getting a a swift browbeating from my family for so much as paying one dollar for a record. and there's that phrase get w/ christian people. i like proverbs as it's a self help deal ...up to a point. but after making myself watch mel gibson's passion of christ i won't  go near this film. i just guess i'm as set in my ways as they are.

surrender my life to the lord ? hey man, i may pray every night  for god to stop this madness, but the buck stops here, in my wallet. think of all the soldiers who fought for freedom who wern't christians. they died on omaha and juno beaches on D-DAY. the're in hell now ? bibles don't kill people. religion does. i've read about this jesus camp in time magazine. scared th bejusus out of me. i've got friends in low places but even we draw the line down to good vs. evil. ain't no heaven. ain't no hell, as john lee hooker said. i'm a disciple of the blues. i may keep an open bible in my house, but i also keep an open mind. i made some deals w/ god when i was young. before viet nam. before richard nixion. before JFK, RFK, MLK. before the mansion family, before altamont.  one of my best buddies in music "root boy slim" used to belong to a frat HOUSE  accross the street from george w. bush. " what a bunch of skull and cross bones stuffed shirts."

here's slim to preach now :  O0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KSLJm7psEs&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEZi5Z1ZbaY

do you beleive ray charles is in hell ? john lennon ? "no man hath greater love than to lay down his life up for another."  i suggest we replace the 10 commandments w/ the 10 suggestions. you get one life. you wanna blow it ? be my guest pal. "me ? i'm w/ him" !  tuco pointing to blondie.  ;) w/ a brother like tuco's he ought to know. i get ANY sass back on this ?  you'll have amanda b. deltwith on your hands.
snort-snort, lol

« : July 10, 2007, 09:36:42 PM CISCO »
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

« #23 : December 30, 2007, 06:56:55 PM »

i beleive this film will air today at 10 O'clock pacific time on A&E. ill be sure to tune in  O0

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #24 : February 18, 2008, 12:00:15 PM »

I'm going to watch this tonight.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines