Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 11:59:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  MY HORROR COLLECTION
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY HORROR COLLECTION  (Read 29864 times)
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2007, 01:11:06 PM »

This is an Italian-Spanish co-production who's original name is ONE THOUSAND CRIES HAS THE NIGHT. Directed by Juan Piquer Simon who also directed, among other movies, MYSTERY ON MONSTER ISLAND starring Terence Stamp, Peter Cushing and Paul Naschy. Saw this one on TV years ago. Wish this would come out on disc as well.

Another of his dinosaur movies I saw on TV years back recently came out on DVD called THE FABULOUS JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH.

PIECES is supposed to be coming out in a special edition from Sage Stallone and Bob Murawski's Grindhouse Releasing. Seeing how it takes them years to put anything out, it's no telling when this will surface although there is a recent R2 release.

Stallone and company have released these grindhouse favorites over the years, both to midnight circuits and disc--

CANNIBAL FEROX
CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST
THE BEYOND
I DRINK YOUR BLOOD

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2007, 02:23:37 PM »

ROPE 1943-Hitchcock movie that takes place in one room. Jimmy Stewart. Havenít watched yet.

Excellent thriller! Catch it tonight if you can.

I recently bought the Diamond scifi box set which came with 5 movies, two of which are Corman films.

Began watching CREATURE (Klaus Kinski) last night and will finish it tonight. Why don't you ahve it listed on this thread AC? Surley it borders more on Horror than Scifi.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2007, 02:35:33 PM »

I only had the tape of this. I'm holding out for a legit release. I wanted to see this in the theaters but I couldn't. I do have an original poster for it though. The horror movies listed were only the ones I have in my DVD collection. The ones I have cataloged.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2007, 11:15:19 PM »

CREATURE: Okay horro/scifi movie. A rip-off of ALIEN. (The Monster resembles the creature from ALIEN and the ship the crew members are in resembles ship Nostromo)  Kinski is fun to watch in the role of the stranded (& perverted) german astronaught.
Nice gore effects here and there but in the end nothing to write home about.
There is an attempt to kill the deep space monster by using the same method the human characters use to kill the giant carrot from "The Thing from another world".
recognised some sound effects ripped straight outta the Star Wars trilogy.
Nice soundtrack!

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2007, 02:17:43 PM »

Actually this movie has a lot in common with Roger Corman's cheese classic 1957s IT CONQUERED THE WORLD starring Lee Van Cleef about a giant cucumber with claws from outer space that controlled humans with flying creatures attached to their necks. This film was remade in 1965 as schlock master Larry Buchanan's ZONTAR, THE THING FROM VENUS.

William Malone, the director of CREATURE, also directed another fine ALIEN type movie from 1981 entitled SCARED TO DEATH. This used to play on TV all the time. An excellent creature costume that is very Gigeresque. A sequel to this followed a few years later entitled SYNGENOR.

CREATURE has a great opening where the two astronauts find the ancient "zoo" and one of them wants a picture atop one of the canisters containing the monster. The two bicker over who is going to sit on the thing while the other takes the shot. The effects are very well done and belie its low budget. I don't recall the main ship resembling the Nostromo though. I seem to remember it being rather small with a dome shaped top. I'll have to dig the tape out and maybe make a dupe of my own of this one. There's several boots floating around and I don't see a legit release anytime soon. It has a great exploding head scene and the final shot before the alien is destroyed is great.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2007, 03:05:59 PM »

I don't recall the main ship resembling the Nostromo though.

The exterior no. The interior yes. Long dark corridors. Flashing red lights.

Mcbain
Bandido

www.myopicvoid.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2007, 12:12:15 PM »

Arizona....Any of the Hammer films you mentioned I have on DVD R1 or R2  Hammer films are my main passion along with collecting Hammer poster ephemera.  Also I have most of the films from Amicus, Tygon, AIP etc.  I have many of the giallo films on DVD as well...all of Fulci, Argento up to 1980.  After 1980 I loose interest in film with a few exceptions.  I am not into slasher films at all.  The later Giallo's bother me a bit.  I do not get into the later Zombie films.  My favorite Zombie film is "Plague of the Zombies".  I missed all of these classic 50-70's films and grew up as a teen in the late 80's early 90's which was just an abismall time filmswise (now too).

You mentioned "The Blood on Satans Claw" top flight film Afro Afro Afro Afro Afro Afro

Anything Peter Cusing was invloved in after 1957 I have.

I have 75% of all the Giallo films released by Achorbay/Blue Underground/No shame/Shriek Show etc..
I have all of Bava's films save Planet of the Vampires and his last two..  His first two Mask,Sabbath and Lisa and the Devil are my favorite of his films.  I have no use for Twitch/Baron Blood/Girl Who new Too Much/

You mentioned Deathdream Afro
I have never seen the Italian cannibal films...I don't think I would enjoy that nor would my wife. Are they really work weeking out???  My wife loves early 70's Giallo films ..her fave is "Death Walks at Midnight"  She loves the music, decor, the atmosphere.

The House with Laughing Windows Afro
Curse of the Demon Afro
Blood of the Vampire!
The Crawling Eye!
Fiend without a Face Afro
Dr Bloods Coffin.
Race with the Devil
Curse of the Crimson Alter Afro
Burn Witch Burn Afro
Dunwich Horror Afro Afro
Die Monster Die Afro Afro
Dr Sardonicus Afro
Equinox Afro
Brotherhood of Satan

and many more...

Any of the British Thrillers we love i.e.

Eyewitness, And Soon the Darkness, Doomwatch, The Man Who Haunted Himself, Night of the Big Heat, Island of Terror Afro Afro

Cheers,

Eric

www.gorocknow.comNEW GO WEBSITE WITH BAND SOUNDSLIPS AND PICTURES
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2007, 03:48:42 PM »

The italian cannibal movies are very disturbing and while CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST contains a powerful message that is as relevant today than before, and is a very important horror film to see, if you do not like extreme scenes of violence than stay away from them.

Mcbain
Bandido

www.myopicvoid.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2007, 10:16:15 AM »

The italian cannibal movies are very disturbing and while CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST contains a powerful message that is as relevant today than before, and is a very important horror film to see, if you do not like extreme scenes of violence than stay away from them.

Arizona-I may give that one a try.  I have read alot about it.  Maybe it's available as a rental on DVD.  I just watched the new AB release of Kill Baby Kill last night.  I was suprised to see that the film elements were pretty soft in places. Not as sharp as I had hoped. However,  It is a vast improvement over what I little I saw of it in the past.

Cheers,

Eric

www.gorocknow.comNEW GO WEBSITE WITH BAND SOUNDSLIPS AND PICTURES
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2007, 02:04:03 PM »

Dark Sky had a 2 disc edition of KILL BABY KILL set to street at about the same time but AB put a stop to it.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2007, 02:06:30 AM »

FROM DUSK TILL DAWN 1995-Okay Tarantino-Rodriguez movie that begins as a crime caper then becomes a vampire movie about a group of people fending off vampiric strippers and the like inside a bar in Mexico. Filled with stupid dialog but contains enough wild moments including the snake dance by the gorgeous Salma Hayek (whose name Satanico Pandemonium was the name of a 70s nunsploitation movie) to distract you from its shortcomings. George Clooney, Fred Williamson, Harvey Keitel, Tom Savini.

The first 45 minutes is one of the best films I have ever seen. When they reach the vampire strip club it becomes fun but totally stupid.

Man with no dame
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2007, 08:39:49 AM »

Has anyone ever tripped over a flick called Ferrum 5000, starring Kembra Phaler of the rock band The Voluptuous Horror of Karen Black? She had a website at one time that I think disappeared.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2007, 03:27:14 PM »

Wes Craven's "The people under the stairs"

What a bizarre horror movie this is.

A young boy from the ghetto is persuaded by two thugs to break into their landlord's house and steal gold dubloons that are somewhere in the house. The two thugs get offed quickly by the demented landlord (daddy) and his equally deranged sister (mummy). The boy, left alone during his search for the gold, soon finds out these two weirdos aren't the only things lurking in the house. Their is a whole community of starnge cannibilistic beings in the basement and in the walls.

With it's wacky imagery, funny sight gags and plot ripped straight from a saturday morning cartoon it plays off like a loopy kid's movie. However there is too much gore, language and violence to be "kid friendly" fare.
This gives the movie a strange atmosphere and you never quite know who it is catering to, adults or kids? It's to extreme for both sides. Too extreme for the tots because of the graphic violence and too extreme for the oldies because it's like a R rated version of "The Goonies".

I enjoyed it for what it is and it is pretty intense all throughout.

The folks under the stairs only get about 10 minutes of screen time and their origin is only explained in a rather vague manner only once.

The real terrors are the nut-job brother and sister.

Pleasent time waster.

A remake is being made... Huh

Man with no dame
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2007, 08:33:32 PM »

nunsploitation movie                      I love the phrases cinema has created! Grin

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM