Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2018, 03:01:23 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  How is there two pocket watches?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: How is there two pocket watches?  ( 3221 )
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« : February 27, 2007, 08:35:52 PM »

Col. Mortimer is carrying the same exact pocket watch as Indio, is he not? Did he just up and buy the same pocket watch after his sister killer herself? And if he did, how did he know his sister's husband bought her that watch? That's the only thing that confused me about this movie.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : February 28, 2007, 05:26:41 AM »

there were two pocket watches the husbands and Mortimer sister's, Indio just took one of the matching watches.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #2 : February 28, 2007, 08:24:39 AM »

And perhaps the reason the two significant men in her life had matching watches is that Mortimer's sister gave them as presents.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #3 : February 28, 2007, 09:30:03 AM »

Yeah, that clears it up for me. Thanks guys.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Franco Ringo
Road Apple

« #4 : April 17, 2007, 09:40:17 AM »

I always just assumed that they were Mortimer family heirlooms, and Indio took it from her when she died.

Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

« #5 : May 03, 2007, 09:26:17 AM »

My take on two watches was there were two in the heart shaped box.  It's unclear whether the his and her time pieces were bought by the husband or wife.   Indio took one of the time pieces after he left the scene.  Probably Mortimer's sister's watch.  Mortimer probably had the unpleasant responsibility of funeral arrangements for his sister and brother in law and came by the second watch afterward.  

« : May 03, 2007, 11:02:08 AM Noodles_SlowStir »

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #6 : May 03, 2007, 02:00:34 PM »

That accounts for matters very well. O0 You're all right, Noodles_SlowStir, I don't care WHAT rrpower says about you....

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

« #7 : May 03, 2007, 02:15:55 PM »

That accounts for matters very well. O0 You're all right, Noodles_SlowStir, I don't care WHAT rrpower says about you....

;D

He did seem miffed and in a huff on the ageless thread on OUATIA board.  Wasn't sure if I was the focus.  ::)  

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines