Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 07:51:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Corbucci and Damiani
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Corbucci and Damiani  (Read 2160 times)
As The Palaces Burn
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2007, 08:29:01 AM »

I dunno if anyone remembers this but I put a thread up some time in September 06 about my undergraduate dissertation that will be based on the revolutionary political implications of a a few of the so-called 'Zapata Spaghetti's'. I asked for some book titles on Leone films but am now looking high and low for English language critical studies on Corbucci and Damiani but to no avail. I would be very grateful to anybody who could recommend some books on these film makers as I cant seem to find any anywhere.
Cheers.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 09:04:51 AM »

They are just briefly disscussed in SW compilation books but I've never in something published, Alex Cox had an unpublished book on line but it wasn't strictly on either of them.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
As The Palaces Burn
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 11:42:56 AM »

They are just briefly disscussed in SW compilation books but I've never in something published, Alex Cox had an unpublished book on line but it wasn't strictly on either of them.

Cheers. I've noticed a couple of mentions in a few of Fraylings studies but nothing really comprehensive. I guess it helps me cause it leaves a lot more open to me critically. Any idea  what this unpublished online study was called by Cox or where I could find it?Cheers again.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 03:28:18 AM »

I would be very grateful to anybody who could recommend some books on these film makers as I cant seem to find any anywhere.
Cheers.
It might be worth you buying/borrowing Howard Hughes "Once Upon A Time In The Italian West" which has detailed information on 20 influentail sw's including much background about the directors.There are whole chapters devoted to Bullet For The General,The Mercenary,Django,Navajo Joe,Great Silence including some discussion about other movies by those directors.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 08:11:25 PM »

banjo you have that link to Alex Cox's book?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 04:14:25 PM »

With the search engine down(as with so much else here at the moment-whats going on?) i eventually tracked down this link,the hard way

http://www.alexcox.com/freestuff.htm

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 04:45:21 PM »

thanks

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM