Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 06:56:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Web Site Announcements (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Official 'Welcome To The Forums' Thread
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official 'Welcome To The Forums' Thread  (Read 129587 times)
Leonegeek
Chicken Thief

Leone is god

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 24, 2010, 05:55:05 PM »

Hey everyone - it's been a very long time since joining, and I never really had the time to contribute in earnest, so this is
basically the beginning (again).

I'm 41, and a life-long Leonegeek. I was 11 or 12 when I first saw Once Upon A Time In The West on t.v. and immediately
fell in love with it's strange rhythms, haunting score, and complex dynamics. The soundtrack was one of the first vinyl
records I saved up for and bought, and I must've watched the double-vhs a zillion times.

In 1984, I went to see Once Upon A Time In America in the theater. I was 15, and though it was just a glimpse of what
SL intended I still loved it (at the time I didn't know I was watching a butchered, rearranged cut).

Over the years, I've gone out of my way to see cast memebers of SL films in person (Clint, Eli Wallach, Charles Bronson,
Jason Robards, Claudia Cardinale..), and a couple years back I got to see Morricone's first ever live U.S. performance
(which nearly brought me to tears).

I've got all the films, all the special edition soundtracks, all the books, and a box of posters and lobby cards.

It's great to be here (finally), and I really look forward to spending time with like-minded die-hards. Thanks..!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 25, 2010, 04:09:34 PM »

welcome aboard  Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 09, 2010, 01:06:41 PM »

I've gone out of my way to see cast memebers

Oh my, how great to see that mistake in somebody else's typing! I know, it's stupid of me, but... I keep typing it this way all the time. If not worse. I don't know why it's just this typo that keeps reocurring in my writing, it simply is.

Welcome aboard! Cheesy

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Leonegeek
Chicken Thief

Leone is god

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 22, 2010, 10:53:15 AM »

Oh my, how great to see that mistake in somebody else's typing! I know, it's stupid of me, but... I keep typing it this way all the time. If not worse. I don't know why it's just this typo that keeps reocurring in my writing, it simply is.

Welcome aboard! Cheesy

Thanks! Btw, I think it's kinda evident - it's the whole 'e' following an 'm' thing. While typing it, you accidentally repeat that pattern..

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 22, 2010, 12:31:14 PM »

Thanks! Btw, I think it's kinda evident - it's the whole 'e' following an 'm' thing. While typing it, you accidentally repeat that pattern..

Yeah, that's true. But it's strange that it doesn't happen with other types of patterns as well.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
J.B.
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 27, 2010, 02:56:22 AM »

Hello! I thought it'd be nice to briefly introduce myself. I'm a twenty-year-old college student, and you can call me J.B., that's the name I typically go by on internet message boards and even IMDB. I'm definitely a fan of Sergio Leone's work, as well as Ennio Morricone's music, in addition the acting talents of his films, such as Clint Eastwood, Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson, Eli Wallach, Lee Van Cleef, Gian Maria Volonte, etc... Apart from Italian Westerns, my interest lie in history, archaeology, politics, Christian theology, mythology, and forensic science. I plan on being a fairly active member in this community, and my favorite of Leone's films is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, although Once Upon a Time in the West certainly comes close.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 27, 2010, 03:16:06 AM »

Amigo, if you love Sergio Leone's work (but also Ennio Morricone's, as well as Spaghetti Westerns or Westerns in general), you've come to the right place - I bid you welcome! Cool

First thing you need to do is read the first 3 topics on this sub-forum:

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

(You don't need to go through all the pages of the first one, though. Wink)

Once you do that, the accommodation to all the rest will come more naturally.

I'll have to merge this topic with the big ''Official Welcome to the...'' thread, nothing personal, it's standard procedure, your post will be there with the rest. Resistance is futile anyway.

I'll leave it here until you read it. Wink

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 03:18:48 AM by Dust Devil » Logged

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 27, 2010, 06:05:05 AM »

Welcome aboard Afro

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 27, 2010, 11:39:14 AM »

Yeah, welcome. We'll have to have a chat sometime about the theological implications of
Once Upon a Time in the West

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 28, 2010, 02:33:00 AM »

Welcome! And enjoy it.

J.B.
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 28, 2010, 03:20:27 AM »

Oh, thank you for moving my post to the right thread. That is one thing that I had completely overlooked at the time.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: June 01, 2010, 08:41:38 AM »

Amigo, if you love Sergio Leone's work (but also Ennio Morricone's, as well as Spaghetti Westerns or Westerns in general), you've come to the right place - I bid you welcome! Cool

First thing you need to do is read the first 3 topics on this sub-forum:

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

(You don't need to go through all the pages of the first one, though. Wink)

Once you do that, the accommodation to all the rest will come more naturally.

I'll have to merge this topic with the big ''Official Welcome to the...'' thread, nothing personal, it's standard procedure, your post will be there with the rest. Resistance is futile anyway.

I'll leave it here until you read it. Wink

You're taking your new job quite seriously aren't you?

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 04, 2010, 07:23:03 PM »

welcome and enjoy Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
sargatanas
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 04, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »

howdy !

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 22, 2010, 08:13:20 AM »

welcome and enjoy Afro

Hahahaha, I'm sorry CJ but this was just great! Grin Afro

You're taking your new job quite seriously aren't you?

Yeah.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM