Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 27, 2023, 02:45:28 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Web Site Announcements (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Official 'Welcome To The Forums' Thread
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28
: The Official 'Welcome To The Forums' Thread  ( 285037 )
Man with no dame

« #105 : May 31, 2007, 04:17:06 AM »

I mean, even Louisianian English is English. :D
You,ve never heard a coon-ass and a Cajun peckerwood yakin' at each other?

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #106 : May 31, 2007, 04:51:13 AM »

You,ve never heard a coon-ass and a Cajun peckerwood yakin' at each other?

No, I think I haven't. But I have experience of trying to figure out Creedence Cleerwater Revival's lyrics. ;D

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Man with no dame

« #107 : May 31, 2007, 05:03:32 AM »

No, I think I haven't. But I have experience of trying to figure out Creedence Cleerwater Revival's lyrics. ;D

CCR, Great band man.  O0 Born on the bayou.........

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #108 : May 31, 2007, 05:24:51 AM »

CCR, Great band man.  O0 Born on the bayou.........

Yeah! But my favourites are Who'll Stop the Rain and Porterville.
(And It Came Out of the Sky. And Walk on the Water. And Poorboy Shuffle. And so. ;D)

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Man with no dame

« #109 : May 31, 2007, 05:35:25 AM »

Those were the days....

marqkin

« #110 : June 06, 2007, 04:32:14 AM »

Hi fellow Sergio Leone fans!
This is my very first thread on this wonderful site.
I've been a fan of the magnificent Leone for 31 years now, having fallen in love with 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly', when it aired on BBC1 TV on Easter Monday, 1976. In 1979, I finally got to see 'Fistful of Dollars' & 'For A Few Dollars More' (this time, on BBC2). The 'Dollars Trilogy' is - without doubt - my 3 favourite films of all time, although I also love 'Once Upon A Time in the West' & 'Duck You Sucker'.
I'm looking forward very much to being able share my love and respect of these films with other fans.
I'm off to Almeria in a few days for a 2 week holiday; and have arranged with the web-site 'Tuco Tours', to visit ALL of the Leone locations. Apparantly, I'm the first person to ever request seeing all of the locations - and Tuco Tours have now decided to call the 3 day experience 'The Full Leone'!
Myself and my wife can't wait to get back to Almeria. This will be our 5th visit, and - for me - it's a pilgrimage of sorts. Can't wait to leave Britain for a short while, because Almeria is - above all else - my spiritual home...
Looking forward to hearing from other fans...Adios

Man with no dame

« #111 : June 06, 2007, 04:38:58 AM »

I've been a fan of the magnificent Leone for 31 years now, having fallen in love with 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly', when it aired on BBC1 TV on Easter Monday, 1976. In 1979, I finally got to see 'Fistful of Dollars' & 'For A Few Dollars More' (this time, on BBC2). The 'Dollars Trilogy' is - without doubt - my 3 favourite films of all time, although I also love 'Once Upon A Time in the West' & 'Duck You Sucker'.
I'm looking forward very much to being able share my love and respect of these films with other fans.
I'm off to Almeria in a few days for a 2 week holiday; and have arranged with the web-site 'Tuco Tours', to visit ALL of the Leone locations. Apparantly, I'm the first person to ever request seeing all of the locations - and Tuco Tours have now decided to call the 3 day experience 'The Full Leone'!
Myself and my wife can't wait to get back to Almeria. This will be our 5th visit, and - for me - it's a pilgrimage of sorts. Can't wait to leave Britain for a short while, because Almeria is - above all else - my spiritual home...
  Welcome Marqkin, sounds like a nice little tour, better than the "full Monte" tour I went on. Very disturbing! ;D

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #112 : June 06, 2007, 05:15:00 AM »

Welcome marqkin! I'm sure you understand that we're expecting some pics from your upcoming trip ;).

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #113 : June 06, 2007, 07:20:50 AM »

Welcome marqkin! I'm sure you'll have great times in Almeria - and here, too. ;)

ibarney5
Road Apple

« #114 : June 06, 2007, 09:19:05 AM »

Hello everyone. 

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #115 : June 06, 2007, 10:01:37 AM »

Hello everyone. 

Hello ibarney5, and welcome!

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #116 : June 06, 2007, 10:03:36 AM »

Hi Marqkin, Tell us all about it when you get back

Hi ibarnes5 also, enjoy the board

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Leonegeek
Chicken Thief

Leone is god

« #117 : June 06, 2007, 10:10:43 AM »

Hi all, boy is this a pleasure! I'm a thirtysomething from Long Island, N.Y. - and I've been a Leone
geek since first seeing 'OUATITW' on tv as a kid. Some of the first vinyl records I bought were
Leone/Morricone soundtracks, and today I've got every collaboration on special edition cd.

In junior high school I went to see 'OUATIA' in it's butchered U.S. form (hey, didn't have
a choice at the time) and today the long cut is a big fave of mine.

I collect posters/lobby cards/etc. from Leone's films, and I've rubbed elbows with Eastwood,
 (twice) Wallach, Bronson, Robards, and Cardinale. Some at charity events, some on stage.
I finally saw Morricone in person this past February at Radio City Music Hall. It was hallucinatory!
Seeing the man in person would've been more than enough thanks very much - but to see him
CONDUCT his works.... I welled up more than once.

Bought the Anthology yesterday (while playing hooky from work - hey, priorities!) and hope to
devote most of this weekend to immersing myself in it. Seeing 'Duck' in it's complete form will
be amazing....

I'm so glad I found this site, and I hope to enjoy many hours here with like-minded disciples of
one of the world's most underappreciated/misunderstood auteurs.

Thanks!

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #118 : June 06, 2007, 10:18:59 AM »

Priorities are tough thing. ;D Welcome!

Tuco the ugly

« #119 : June 06, 2007, 10:33:55 AM »

Hello everyone. 

Howdy!

: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines