Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2018, 03:11:36 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Blondie's Backstory
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Blondie's Backstory  ( 8968 )
Tuco the ugly

« #15 : April 16, 2007, 12:01:13 AM »

Angel Eyes?

AE is "Tuco's old friend" if I remember correctly,but then again Blondie seems to know AE a lot better than Tuco (in the fort,when Tuco laughs when he sees AE Blondie doesn't seem thrilled).
So I couldn't  think of anything logic...

Tuco the ugly

« #16 : April 16, 2007, 12:04:38 AM »

Maybe they even worked together for some time before that,but I'd say Blondie had someone else to teach him how to survive,and it was before he met AE(and Tuco).
Angel Eyes doesn't really seem like a protective father figure to me...

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #17 : April 16, 2007, 04:48:16 AM »

Maybe they even worked together for some time before that,but I'd say Blondie had someone else to teach him how to survive,and it was before he met AE(and Tuco).
Angel Eyes doesn't really seem like a protective father figure to me...

I agree, it must have been someone else...

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #18 : April 21, 2007, 08:51:45 PM »

And if he is indeed the same character who appears in A Fistful of Dollars, perhaps his entering the Mexican war was connected with the mysterious someone he was unable to help.

It seems to me that AFOD takes place at least in 1875, that is, at least 10 years after the American Civil War was over. If you pay attention to the scene in the cemetery, the two dead Mexican Army officers are by a tombstone where it is written: "Esteban Garcia, 1875".

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #19 : April 22, 2007, 09:48:54 AM »

It seems to me that AFOD takes place at least in 1875, that is, at least 10 years after the American Civil War was over. If you pay attention to the scene in the cemetery, the two dead Mexican Army officers are by a tombstone where it is written: "Esteban Garcia, 1875".

Its much much later than that, 1890's at the earliest, The machine gun that Ramon is using is a fully automatic machine gun not a Gatling gun (he's not cranking it) they weren't available until the 1890's, and the Mexican soldiers are in khaki uniforms which they didn't change to from the blue ones they used before until near the turn of the century.

« : April 23, 2007, 09:10:22 PM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #20 : April 22, 2007, 02:24:05 PM »

Its much much later than that, 1890's at the earliest, The machine gun that Ramon is using is a fully automatic machine gun not a gattling gun (he's not cranking it) they weren't available until the 1890's, and the Mexican soldiers are in kahki uniforms which they didn't change to from the blue ones they used before until near the turn of the century.

Now that you mention the fully automatic machine gun utilized by Ramon, I have been unable to identify that model and I wonder if it even ever existed. The only multi-barrel machine guns I am aware of that existed in the 19th Century were the Gatling guns and Gardner guns, which were manually cranked. The other machine gun available at that time was the Maxim gun, and that was invented in the mid 1880s; however, it was a single barrel machine gun.

The multiple-barrel  machine gun carried by Ramon seems to be the same type as the one carried by Franco Nero in Compaņeros and Django/Django strikes again. However, I am not sure those type of machine guns with so many barrels ever existed; it seem to me they could be just machine gun-like gadgets made specifically for those movies.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #21 : April 22, 2007, 02:27:44 PM »

Now that you mention the fully automatic machine gun utilized by Ramon, I have been unable to identify that model and I wonder if it even ever existed. The only multi-barrel machine guns I am aware of that existed in the 19th Century were the Gatling guns and Gardner guns, which were manually cranked. The other machine gun available at that time was the Maxim gun, and that was invented in the mid 1880s; however, it was a single barrel machine gun.

The multiple-barrel  machine gun carried by Ramon seems to be the same type as the one carried by Franco Nero in Compaņeros and Django/Django strikes again. However, I am not sure those type of machine guns with so many barrels ever existed; it seem to me they could be just machine gun-like gadgets made specifically for those movies.

The machine guns used by Ramon and Django are fakes. Manufactured for the movies only.

Real Gatling guns were hand-cranked and could only fire 10 large bullets before needing to reload.

They were hardly ever used in battle because they were too bulky.

read more about it here...

http://spaghettiwesterns.1g.fi/guns2.htm

« : April 22, 2007, 02:29:01 PM The Firecracker »

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #22 : April 22, 2007, 04:38:02 PM »

Thank you for the link. So this clarifies that the machine gus used in Django and FOD are fakes.  8)

My mistake regarding the machine guns used by Franco Nero in Compaņeros. I just had a look again and it actually resembles the water-cooled Maxim used by Juan Miranda in DYS. :-[

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #23 : April 22, 2007, 09:03:26 PM »

yea the belt fed machine guns are props (if you look closely the belt is not even moving), in The Mercenary Nero at the end uses that prop gun again but in the beginning they have a clip fed machine gun that's the real McCoy its also the same type used in "A Bullet for the General".

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #24 : November 07, 2008, 07:41:34 PM »

Thank you for the link. So this clarifies that the machine gus used in Django and FOD are fakes.  8)

My mistake regarding the machine guns used by Franco Nero in Compaņeros. I just had a look again and it actually resembles the water-cooled Maxim used by Juan Miranda in DYS. :-[

Correction to the correction: the fake machine gun used in Django and AFOD (and also in Train for Durango) is one of the two used in Compaņeros, and it shows at 1:21:51 in the Anchor Bay version, just after Penguin and Vasco attempt to smuggle Professor Xantos through a military control disguised as monks and Prof. Xantos hidden in a coffin.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines