Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 01:51:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  ACTION-ADVENTURE-70's ACTION-WESTERN COLLECTION
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ACTION-ADVENTURE-70's ACTION-WESTERN COLLECTION  (Read 10163 times)
Man with no dame
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 04:46:03 PM »

Do you remember one of the actors who played Wint and Kidd(the hitmen) in Diamonds Are Forever. He was excellent in Walking Tall. He had about a 3 year run and then disappeared. I forget his name now. Wonder what happened to him.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 04:50:30 PM »

Yeah, Bruce Glover! He played great bad guys.

Man with no dame
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 04:53:44 PM »

Know what happened to him? Still alive?

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 04:53:51 PM »

In Howard Hughes latest crime thriller guide theres a chapter about ON HER MAJESTIES SECRET SERVICE(he rates this the best Bond movie) explaining that George Lazenby never did DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER because his agent convinced him that EASY RIDER/flower power was the "in thing" so he foolishly passed off the opportunity.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 04:56:58 PM »

I have a great book on the Bond movies and the makers say that they didn't want Lazenby back after the way he acted during the shooting.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 05:02:28 PM »

I have a great book on the Bond movies and the makers say that they didn't want Lazenby back after the way he acted during the shooting.
Which books that?

I have THE ESSENTIAL JAMES BOND by Lee Pfeiffer and Dave Worrall and i'll have to do some reading up there about the DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER/Lazenby situation. Undecided

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 05:04:24 PM »

The one I have is THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF 007. It has everything you'd want to know. It goes up to GOLDENEYE. I never bought the revised books. I was only interested in the era up to Dalton.

Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 05:10:32 PM »

Do you remember one of the actors who played Wint and Kidd(the hitmen) in Diamonds Are Forever. He was excellent in Walking Tall. He had about a 3 year run and then disappeared. I forget his name now. Wonder what happened to him.

Besides Walking Tall, he was one of Jack Nicholson's assistants in one of my favorites, Chinatown.  He seemed to be really hot in the early seventies.  I think he's still alive.  Not sure whether he's still acting.  I think he has a son that's an actor.

Man with no dame
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »

I would say OHMSS was one of the better Bonds, but not the best. I, myself had no problems with Lazenby's performance. This one has good late 60's nostalgia appeal!

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 05:18:24 PM »

Yes agree OHMSS is brilliant though i have a problem with Lazenby's frilly shirt and kilt.

Interestingly Hughes argues that so far ,Lazenby is the closest  to Flemings book character,which i wouldn't know not having read any of his books.

Man with no dame
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 05:24:07 PM »

Yes agree OHMSS is brilliant though i have a problem with Lazenby's frilly shirt and kilt.

Interestingly Hughes argues that so far ,Lazenby is the closest  to Flemings book character,which i wouldn't know not having read any of his books.
  From what I read, Fleming was always cold to the idea of Connery as Bond. The producers initial pick was Moore, who was unavailable. I think there was talk of Cary Grant too.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 06:11:46 AM »

In Hughes book he says that both Moore and Timothy Dalton were auditioned for OHMSS but Lazenby was preferred over these two on the stength of a chocolate advert! Grin

Man with no dame
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 07:50:23 PM »

Besides Walking Tall, he was one of Jack Nicholson's assistants in one of my favorites, Chinatown.  He seemed to be really hot in the early seventies.  I think he's still alive.  Not sure whether he's still acting.  I think he has a son that's an actor.
  Sorry I skipped over you. Didn't even see this post. Thanx for the info. Glover and the other guy(another good question) were hilarious in Diamonds. Him and William Finlay(Sisters/Phantom of the Paradise) always stood out as some of the top character actors of the 70's.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2007, 12:56:43 AM »

I was in the process of doing this thread for action films in my collection, but no one seemed interested in sharing reviews or thoughts for any of these so I abandoned it.

Yallow!?

I posted in it over 3 months ago but you never replied.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2007, 05:26:19 AM »

Maybe I forgot to click notify of replies.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM