Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 11:53:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  I just suggested this film to a friend of mine who loves gangster films...
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just suggested this film to a friend of mine who loves gangster films...  (Read 16954 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2007, 01:52:34 PM »

...and he was completely blown away with Once Upon a Time in America. He can't stop talking about the movie...he can't stop talking about Sergio Leone who he now thinks is a genius, and cannot wait to dig into more of Leones films. I think I've made a new Leone fan here my friends, and I'm very proud of this. It's always fun to turn fellow film fan on to Sergio Leone.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 01:53:39 PM by Tucumcari_Bound » Logged

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 01:57:17 PM »

...and he was completely blown away with Once Upon a Time in America. He can't stop talking about the movie...he can't stop talking about Sergio Leone who he now thinks is a genius, and cannot wait to dig into more of Leones films. I think I've made a new Leone fan here my friends, and I'm very proud of this. It's always fun to turn fellow film fan on to Sergio Leone.

Good job TB!

I still remember watching this movie at the theater last month.

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 01:58:51 PM »

Yeah,Leone often has that impact on people,good job TB!  Cool

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:05:14 PM »

Yeah, the kid calls me up and won't stop talking about this film. He already went out and bought it and if I'm not mistaken, has watched it 3 times since Saturday. hahaha I love it! It amazes me how much impact Leone's films have on people.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 10:12:33 PM »

Yeah, the kid calls me up and won't stop talking about this film. He already went out and bought it and if I'm not mistaken, has watched it 3 times since Saturday. hahaha I love it! It amazes me how much impact Leone's films have on people.

12 hours in 2 days? thats like 1/4 of the weekend Shocked Shocked

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 10:20:53 PM »

12 hours in 2 days? thats like 1/4 of the weekend Shocked Shocked

I know, I'm not kidding either! We indeed have a new Leone fan people.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 04:33:37 PM »

That's better than my best friend, whom I've recommended dozens of films to (including several he owns) and he's only ever watched one of them!  Undecided At least I have a (I hope) girlfriend who has watched "Doctor Zhivago" with me. . . Wink

Saturday nights with Groggy
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 09:52:36 PM »

That's better than my best friend, whom I've recommended dozens of films to (including several he owns) and he's only ever watched one of them!  Undecided At least I have a (I hope) girlfriend who has watched "Doctor Zhivago" with me. . . Wink

I bet you she loved you for that! haha watching Doctor Zhivago that is.

Sonny
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 12:32:12 AM »

It usually doesn't take much for a film appreciator to fall for Once Upon a Time in America.  In fact, even if you know very little about film in geenral, there's simply no way to ignore Leone's genius.

The movie's absolutely phenomenal, no matter how many times it's watched.

"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.."
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 08:32:09 AM »

It usually doesn't take much for a film appreciator to fall for Once Upon a Time in America.  In fact, even if you know very little about film in geenral, there's simply no way to ignore Leone's genius.

The movie's absolutely phenomenal, no matter how many times it's watched.

Exactly Sonny!!! Afro

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 01:13:47 PM »

Scratch that, no girlfriend - I got the "let's just be friends" talk today.  Roll Eyes

Saturday nights with Groggy
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 04:18:06 PM »

Tell her it's her loss. You still have all the time in the world to meet a pefectly matching mate.

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 04:53:20 PM »

Scratch that, no girlfriend - I got the "let's just be friends" talk today.  Roll Eyes

To hell with her Groggy. I'm sure she led you on and made you believe she liked you. I tell you, I hate when people play with you like that! Trust me, get over her buddy. You'll find the right woman soon enough!

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 06:33:20 PM »

There are some people in your life who'd better stay as friends rather than romantic ones. I have a dozen (or two) of them in my life Grin. Believe me, there are no bad women, only bad relationships.

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
Sonny
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 06:37:30 PM »

There are some people in your life who'd better stay as friends rather than romantic ones. I have a dozen (or two) of them in my life Grin. Believe me, there are no bad women, only bad relationships.

Afro...quite true.

All hail Sanjuro's comment...  Smiley

"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.."
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM