Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 10:56:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  I just suggested this film to a friend of mine who loves gangster films...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just suggested this film to a friend of mine who loves gangster films...  (Read 16942 times)
Sonny
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 09:21:37 PM »

i love the terminology used in the film...words like "asshole" and "hand-job"... i only noticed it now, my third time watching it. 

"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.."
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 11:50:50 PM »

Afro...quite true.

All hail Sanjuro's comment...  Smiley

Thank you, Sonny. You are a very mature woman. Wherever your boyfriend might be, he must be a happy man.  Wink

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 10:02:34 AM »

i love the terminology used in the film...words like "******" and "hand-job"... i only noticed it now, my third time watching it. 

hahahaha.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 10:57:43 AM »

Have any of you shown a Leone film to any friends recently for the first time?

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Whalestoe
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 03:14:56 AM »

I keep trying to show OUATITW to my girlfriend... she's not having it. She doesn't like Westerns. Sigh... my dad showed me Leone... I need someone to share it with.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 09:29:58 AM »

I keep trying to show OUATITW to my girlfriend... she's not having it. She doesn't like Westerns. Sigh... my dad showed me Leone... I need someone to share it with.

Keep bugging her Whalestoe!  Afro She doesn't know what she's missing.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 09:32:48 AM »

Have any of you shown a Leone film to any friends recently for the first time?

Last Christmas I gave out burned copies of DYS to some of my friends who liked GBU (this was before the R1s). 

And, Whalestone, I know the feeling of trying to find somebody to share Leone with.  I always push him on my brother.  His favorite is For A Few Dollars More.

Sonny
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 10:58:54 AM »

I always push him on my brother.  His favorite is For A Few Dollars More.

That was my faborite when i first started getting into Leone.  Also because it was actually the first Leone film I ever saw.
There's hope for your brother.  Afro

mal247
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 11:03:34 AM »

I'd leave well alone.  There are exceptions to every rule but many women do not have the same regard for Leone's work.  Just imagine the boot was on the other foot and your girlfriend was trying to get you to like a chick flick.   Smiley

« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 11:11:12 AM by mal247 » Logged
Sonny
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 11:07:59 AM »

I'd leave well alone.  There are exceptions to every rule but many women do not have the same regard for Leone's work.  Just imagine the boot was on the other foot and your girlfriend was trying to get you to like a chick flick.   Smiley

Huh WHAT are you talking about?

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 11:09:40 AM »

Huh WHAT are you talking about?

Grin Don't get Sonny upset here. That's not a good thing.  Afro

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007, 02:44:47 PM »

get another girlfriend.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2007, 02:46:26 PM »

get another girlfriend.

Yeah, what Firecracker said. Honestly, I can compremise with a woman, but it would be hard to be with one that doesn't like Leone's films.

Sonny
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2007, 04:50:01 PM »

Yeah, what Firecracker said. Honestly, I can compremise with a woman, but it would be hard to be with one that doesn't like Leone's films.

Well, I wouldn't go that far... BUT it's always neat to share common interests.  If the girl happens to be the coolest most beautiful thing ever and just happens not to like Leone, I think most guys would agree... who gives a damn?

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2007, 04:58:32 PM »

Well, I wouldn't go that far... BUT it's always neat to share common interests.  If the girl happens to be the coolest most beautiful thing ever and just happens not to like Leone, I think most guys would agree... who gives a damn?

You're right Sonny. I agree. If she's cool that's fine, as long as she respects my love's and interests. Some girls, or guy's don't respect their boyfriend or girlfriend's interests. They like to poke fun at them every chance they can get. I'm just saying, it would be extremely cool to meet someone who loved Leone's films. Trust me, I've dated many girls who didn't know a damn thing about Sergio and I got a long with them really well. That's because I'm such a nice guy.  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM