Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 02:03:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  I just suggested this film to a friend of mine who loves gangster films...
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just suggested this film to a friend of mine who loves gangster films...  (Read 16936 times)
Whalestoe
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 05:09:19 PM »

get another girlfriend.

Too much of a hassle. Plus, she's more into movies like Street Car Named Desire, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Solaris, Taxi Driver, The Fountain, etc. She showed me the first and last, I showed her the middle three. Overall, we like a lot of the same things.

Her grandpa used to make her watch Westerns all day long as a child, when she would visit with her Grandparents. She's kinda tried to stay away from them ever since. Usually as a young girl, Westerns are the last thing on your mind - but I keep telling her Leone's different.

I might have to make it into a birthday present of sorts for myself. Wink

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 05:11:31 PM »

Too much of a hassle. Plus, she's more into movies like Street Car Named Desire, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Solaris, Taxi Driver, The Fountain, etc. She showed me the first and last, I showed her the middle three. Overall, we like a lot of the same things.

Her grandpa used to make her watch Westerns all day long as a child, when she would visit with her Grandparents. She's kinda tried to stay away from them ever since. Usually as a young girl, Westerns are the last thing on your mind - but I keep telling her Leone's different.

Good luck!

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 05:59:21 PM »

His favorite is For A Few Dollars More.

Your brother has good taste Afro

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 08:32:56 PM »

Your brother has good taste Afro

I second that!

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 01:15:42 AM »

Well, at least her taste is otherwise great. Afro

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2007, 03:45:14 AM »

well there is nothing wrong with her tastes then.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007, 09:24:17 AM »

Yeah she does have great taste.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2011, 01:42:57 AM »

Last Christmas I gave out burned copies of DYS to some of my friends who liked GBU (this was before the R1s). 

And, Whalestone, I know the feeling of trying to find somebody to share Leone with.  I always push him on my brother.  His favorite is For A Few Dollars More.

yeah, I always wish that one day I will meet someone  -- not necessarily a girlfriend; just a buddy -- who is as big a Leone fan as I am, and who I can chat with about the Master's work. Every time I start talking with someone, I somehow steer every conversation toward Leone  Smiley

But now that I have found this wonderful message board, I don't feel so Leone- lonely anymore (ok, that rhymes and sounds weird, but what the hell  Smiley )

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM