Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2018, 12:30:13 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Final flashback
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Final flashback  ( 8232 )
geoman-1
Bounty Killer

In everyone's life there is a "Summer of '42"

« #15 : May 05, 2007, 08:45:43 AM »

I didn't know that. I love my wooden box more now  O0
My ex had a wooden box. But that discussion is for another day :-\

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #16 : May 08, 2007, 08:19:21 AM »

Splinters? ;D

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #17 : February 11, 2018, 06:35:17 PM »

Here's a very interesting anecdote from Morricone regarding the reason for the shortening of the ending:

Durante una proiezione privata di Giù la testa “quando vide mio cognato che si era alzato, mancavano cinque minuti, decise di tagliare il finale. L’edizione italiana di Giù la testa è stata tagliata da Sergio per quell’alzata di mio cognato”.

Someone over at the SWDb found it in this article:

http://www.ilgiornale.it/news/spettacoli/sergio-leone-voleva-togliermi-finale-pugno-dollari-1278157.html

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #18 : February 11, 2018, 06:49:26 PM »

thanks, but can you please translate?  :-*

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #19 : February 12, 2018, 03:15:33 AM »

According to Google translate:

During a private screening of Duck You Sucker "When he saw my brother-in-law who had stood up, it was five minutes, he decided to cut the ending. The Italian edition of Giù La Testa was cut by Sergio for that rise of my brother-in-law ".

« : February 12, 2018, 03:19:17 AM noodles_leone »

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #20 : February 12, 2018, 12:49:04 PM »

Sounds like chat show BS to me.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #21 : February 14, 2018, 09:46:56 AM »

What's interesting is that only the French release seems to have contained the full flashback. Given the meticulousness with which Leone prepared the French version, one can only assume that he wanted the flashback in there. This then begs the question about why it wasn't then in the Italian release. Did Leone have to bow to external pressures beyond his control or did he indeed remove it himself and then have a change of heart when it came to the French release?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #22 : February 14, 2018, 11:16:24 AM »

This then begs the question about why it wasn't then in the Italian release. Did Leone have to bow to external pressures beyond his control or did he indeed remove it himself and then have a change of heart when it came to the French release?
Leone, knowing his fame would outlive him, prepared such conundrums for his future fans so they'd have something to discuss on chat boards. He was more than a film director: a visionary, a seer, a guru.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #23 : February 14, 2018, 05:40:19 PM »

Leone, knowing his fame would outlive him, prepared such conundrums for his future fans so they'd have something to discuss on chat boards. He was more than a film director: a visionary, a seer, a guru.

The Zeus of an Olympian West...  ;)

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #24 : March 06, 2018, 04:17:13 PM »

Savant covers the new BD from Kino: https://trailersfromhell.com/a-fistful-of-dynamite-duck-you-sucker/

Unhappily, he takes the opportunity to share his "understanding" of the film. Savant has bought into the silly notion that Mallory betrayed Nolan because of the girl. This is idiotic for a number of reasons: it isn't necessary that Nolan was betrayed by anyone--he was seen by everyone handing out seditious materials in pubs, for fuck sake! Also, the idea does violence to the simple symmetry of the plot: Mallory doesn't take revenge on Doc V because he isn't going to repeat the mistake he made with Nolan. In both cases, the betrayer did what he did as a result of torture, and Mallory now knows that such a person should be pitied rather than punished. Mallory feels guilty over Nolan's death, because he took vengeance when he shouldn't have--not because he betrayed Nolan for stealing his girl. The final flashback reveals an Edenic time when Mallory, Nolan, and the Girl existed in a perfect ménage à trois. Not only did Mallory and Nolan share the Girl, they were queer for each other. Politics fucked it all up. The message of the film: politics fucks everything up; don't let it interfere with friendships, which are more essential.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #25 : March 06, 2018, 08:25:36 PM »

Of course. It isn’t something the movie is particularly ambiguous about. I don’t know why we repeatedly have to go through this. There are actual messy plot points in DYS, this isn’t one of them.

www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #26 : March 06, 2018, 09:03:30 PM »

Why do you think the two men are fucking?

They’re sharing the girl, that’s all (and creepy enough)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #27 : March 07, 2018, 01:36:01 AM »

"In the same day, she cleaned my father's ass and licked mine", Creepy Drink.

www.ThibautOskian.com
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #28 : March 07, 2018, 02:00:09 AM »

Btw Savant also gives Nolan the Sean forename. I just don't remember what "our board theory" about that is, but is there the slightest proof that he is really called Sean?

Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #29 : March 07, 2018, 06:55:56 AM »

Posters over at blu-ray.com are reporting that this contains the audio errors of the MGM disc  :(

: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines