Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 11:47:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  IfI take a day out of school in May, and have my mom drive me 50 miles...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IfI take a day out of school in May, and have my mom drive me 50 miles...  (Read 24045 times)
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 09:21:15 AM »

The only way to watch them. Keep your eyes peeled for film festivals. Or save up for a home projection system. The prices are starting to come down and the technology is vastly improved from the old systems. OUTITW should only be watched large. Afro

Eventually I will have my own home theatre for sure.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Man with no dame
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 12:04:45 PM »

The great thing about the projectors, they take up no space, and you can turn your living room wall into a decent size screen without resolution loss. The picture really is amazing.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 01:47:00 PM »

The great thing about the projectors, they take up no space, and you can turn your living room wall into a decent size screen without resolution loss. The picture really is amazing.
Of course big screen is always big screen, but I don't think that home theater can ever replace real movie theater.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Man with no dame
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 03:13:04 PM »

Of course big screen is always big screen, but I don't think that home theater can ever replace real movie theater.
  I've worked in some houses that have home theaters comparable to any cineplex. Including snack bar. Besides it's one of the few options left for watching the old movies on a large screen.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 11:46:04 PM »

But possible only when you don't have small house full of furnishings and things... we even cannot view our old slides anymore... every wall is hidden with something.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 04:50:14 AM »

I've worked in some houses that have home theaters comparable to any cineplex. Including snack bar. Besides it's one of the few options left for watching the old movies on a large screen.
But what I mean here is the whole movie going experience. You know: going to town, the waiting, eating the snacks, hearing the projector turn on, you're there with friends... Besides, you can't achieve the same kind feeling with pixels as with real film. Even if you have a "real" movie theater at home, it's not the same thing. Too bad it's so hard to see old movies in theater.

Man with no dame
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 05:38:30 AM »

But possible only when you don't have small house full of furnishings and things... we even cannot view our old slides anymore... every wall is hidden with something.
  Sounds like you need to get a new house, first, then a projector.

Man with no dame
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 05:45:23 AM »

But what I mean here is the whole movie going experience. You know: going to town, the waiting, eating the snacks, hearing the projector turn on, you're there with friends... Besides, you can't achieve the same kind feeling with pixels as with real film. Even if you have a "real" movie theater at home, it's not the same thing. Too bad it's so hard to see old movies in theater.
  Obviously, your not American. Theaters in US can be a nightmare. High ticket prices, overpriced snacks, people talking on cel phones, kids yelling, hell, we've even had instances where people have been killed in the theater. To go thru that to see some CGI garbage, no thanks. Foreigners are better behaved in public places, than in this country.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 05:46:57 AM »

Sounds like you need to get a new house, first, then a projector.

Grin
When I think about it, there might be a place to project it... if it wasn't covered by my sister's cinema posters.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Man with no dame
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 06:13:50 AM »

Grin
When I think about it, there might be a place to project it... if it wasn't covered by my sister's cinema posters.
Your treading into dangerous waters: Hell hath no fury, like a sister, whose brother touches her stuff! I think I read that in the bible? Grin Grin Grin

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 06:50:38 AM »

Obviously, your not American. Theaters in US can be a nightmare. High ticket prices, overpriced snacks, people talking on cel phones, kids yelling, hell, we've even had instances where people have been killed in the theater. To go thru that to see some CGI garbage, no thanks. Foreigners are better behaved in public places, than in this country.
I've heard some crazy stuff about the behavior there (grindhouses, Rocky Horror Picture Show screenings as extreme examples). We are very quiet during screenings; of course we laugh, but we are not telling the character what to do or how stupid they are, or booing or clapping. I forgot all that. Now I understand you better  Grin.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 07:03:28 AM »

Your treading into dangerous waters: Hell hath no fury, like a sister, whose brother touches her stuff! I think I read that in the bible? Grin Grin Grin

I repeat for another time: look at my profile.

Man with no dame
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 07:10:29 AM »

I've heard some crazy stuff about the behavior there (grindhouses, Rocky Horror Picture Show screenings as extreme examples). We are very quiet during screenings; of course we laugh, but we are not telling the character what to do or how stupid they are, or booing or clapping. I forgot all that. Now I understand you better  Grin.
  People in foreign countries have stronger historical ties to art, cinema, music, etc. than in the States. Education in those areas is extremely lacking over here. We have a plastic, throw away culture here.

Man with no dame
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 07:16:39 AM »

I repeat for another time: look at my profile.
Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed I sincerely apologize. Your ambiguous nickname threw me. I never really look at the profiles, unless someone is trying to piss me off, which you've never done. By all means, then, pull your sisters posters down! Grin Grin Grin

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 07:23:23 AM »

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed I sincerely apologize. Your ambiguous nickname threw me. I never really look at the profiles, unless someone is trying to piss me off, which you've never done. By all means, then, pull your sisters posters down! Grin Grin Grin

Grin
I don't know, I think I won't do it... anyway, if I have the chance to lend Czech OUATITW DVD, we'll show it in school - the teacher settled it with our headmaster yesterday (with the help of my mobile phone calendar), on our graduation farewell party, in pub - as he said "you have to do such things in pub and before the person is totally drunk." So it's set up to 27th and I hope I'll manage it...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM